In The System Part IV (Preds Prospect, Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikko1995

May 30, 2010
Juuse Saros had a shutout today in a 3-0 win (33 saves).

All in all he's been pretty damn good so far; in 8GP he's posted a SV% of .929 and GAA of 1.65 (not really sure about this, SM-liiga's stats are ****ed up as far as GAA goes, so I tried to calculate it myself).

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Looking at the Ad's stats 4 games in...

Colton Sissons is at a PPG pace with 2 g 2a . Really excited to see him develop.
Beck is at 1g and 1a

Budish, 0 pts in 1 gp.. What is the deal there? Healthy Scratch?

Moser is at 2 pts

Watson has 1 pt

Bitetto has 3pts, but I don't see much of a future for him in Smashville

Cehlin has 3 pts in 2 games..

Any Ads fans have any context to provide?

Aberg also has 7 pts in 12 games across the pond...

The PH Factor

Mar 18, 2013
Washington, DC
Looking at the Ad's stats 4 games in...

Colton Sissons is at a PPG pace with 2 g 2a . Really excited to see him develop.
Beck is at 1g and 1a

Budish, 0 pts in 1 gp.. What is the deal there? Healthy Scratch?

Moser is at 2 pts

Watson has 1 pt

Bitetto has 3pts, but I don't see much of a future for him in Smashville

Cehlin has 3 pts in 2 games..

Any Ads fans have any context to provide?

Aberg also has 7 pts in 12 games across the pond...

Yeah, was just thinking last night how has Moser looked? If we need an F up, what do our Ads friends consider to be the order?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Moser's stats almost completely match Beck's. Both with a goal and an assist, both +1, both 4 GP. Beck has 9 shots compared to Moser's 5. Also Watson has only 1 assist, but has 10 shots on net. So based on that I wouldn't know who to call up.

BTW, Colton Sissons' 2g-2a in 4 games is impressive. Would be nice if he could keep that up and continue it when he does get his call up chance.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Hoping to get to my first Ads game sometime this year. My buddy texted me last night and wants to go to one this year so now it's just picking one out.

Remix

Oct 22, 2013
Juuse Saros had a shutout today in a 3-0 win (33 saves).

All in all he's been pretty damn good so far; in 8GP he's posted a SV% of .929 and GAA of 1.65 (not really sure about this, SM-liiga's stats are ****ed up as far as GAA goes, so I tried to calculate it myself).

Saros has been great for HPK this year, outplaying 22 year old Tuohimaa as a 18 year old :)

He is a bit small but I have high hopes for this kid.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Saros has been great for HPK this year, outplaying 22 year old Tuohimaa as a 18 year old :)

He is a bit small but I have high hopes for this kid.

In camp this summer I was paying close attention to him to see if there was anything he did to make up for his lack of size (ie: playing way out of his crease to cut down the angle, etc) and couldn't identify any difference between him and the other goalies in that respect. He simply makes saves and in researching him for the Top 20 article I was very impressed by his resume of success the last several seasons.

Happy he's off to a good start with HPK this season and looking forward to watching him play for Finland in the WJC's this winter.

Remix

Oct 22, 2013
Saros with second shutout tonight against HIFK in 1-0 win. 10 games, 94,54 sv% and 1,32 GAA according to liiga's website. Not too shabby for a rookie :handclap:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Moser's stats almost completely match Beck's. Both with a goal and an assist, both +1, both 4 GP. Beck has 9 shots compared to Moser's 5. Also Watson has only 1 assist, but has 10 shots on net. So based on that I wouldn't know who to call up.

BTW, Colton Sissons' 2g-2a in 4 games is impressive. Would be nice if he could keep that up and continue it when he does get his call up chance.

Sissons had two goals tonight in a 4-2 victory over Texas, the team that knocked Milwaukee out of the playoffs last season.

Mazanec looked good in goal. He didn't get much help in period 1, when the team let in 2 goals. The first one was a screen, the second on a horrible turnover (a pass to a Texas player in the Ads slot). He bailed out Milwaukee a bunch of times on defense lapses. The Ads started slow. Rodney (D) was poor the first half of the game. I saw him watching the play several times instead of going after the puck, sometimes within 20 feet of the Ads net.

Salamaki is a demon on the forecheck!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Part of me hoped Tousignant would dominate the Stars tonight. Still, a 4-2 win for the Ads is a great thing.

The Admirals Roundtable has a post that mentioned the line with Tousignant and Liambas and how they bottled up the opposition. I did notice that Tousi spent a lot of time near the Texas net in the second period.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Sissons had two goals tonight in a 4-2 victory over Texas, the team that knocked Milwaukee out of the playoffs last season.

Mazanec looked good in goal. He didn't get much help in period 1, when the team let in 2 goals. The first one was a screen, the second on a horrible turnover (a pass to a Texas player in the Ads slot). He bailed out Milwaukee a bunch of times on defense lapses. The Ads started slow. Rodney (D) was poor the first half of the game. I saw him watching the play several times instead of going after the puck, sometimes within 20 feet of the Ads net.

Salamaki is a demon on the forecheck!

Salomaki is here take over NA. Being a demon on the forecheck is merely the beginning.

What forward position do they have him playing and who has he been playing with so far? I assume wing?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Salomaki is here take over NA. Being a demon on the forecheck is merely the beginning.

What forward position do they have him playing and who has he been playing with so far? I assume wing?

Salomaki is playing Left Wing. The Center is Austin Watson and Joshua Shalla is the Right Wing.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
With a goal in Portland's 5-2 win over Brandon last night in WHL action, Brendan Leipsic increased his point streak to 10 straight games.

After going scoreless in his first game back after being returned to juniors in late September, Leipsic has scored 16 points (8 goals, 8 assists) in 10 games in the month of October.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Looks like me and a buddy or two will be going to Milwaukee in February to see the Admirals play. Any ideas on what do with with our time before the game starts on that Saturday night?

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
I believe the Turner is closed now, so you can't pop across the street for a bite to eat. Mader's is at the corner of 3rd and Highland, if you want some authentic German food. Most of the bars (and the BW3's) is over on Water Street - which is a long (and cold) walk in February.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
According to the official AHL stat sheet, Milwaukee played 6 defensemen, and actually skated one player under the limit...

http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1011224

My mistake. The D-men were paired up initially, i.e. Ford(R) with Piskula(L). During the second period, it was different. Ford didn't play for about 5 minutes or so in the middle of the period. I saw a lot of Ruth as the Ads went with 5 D-men, sometimes changing only one at a time. The only pattern that I spotted was a lefty on the left and a righty on the right most of the time. It was confusing to me. I have been watching hockey games since 1964 and don't remember so many D changes in a period. I saw Bitetto (L) with Ruth (R), Bitetto with Valentine(L) and maybe Ford with Valentine.

The player short was Salomaki (LW). He was a late scratch. Rodney(L) is suspended and Jarvinen(L) is hurt. Henderson (LW) is also out. It is possible that Valentine played some wing in the first period. He was near the Texas goal a few times, much more so than a D-man would play, especially since the Ads were being outshot 7-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad