In The System Part IV (Preds Prospect, Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Druila joined Milwaukee as an assistant to Ian Herbers when Kirk Muller left midseason. Druila was a head coach in the ECHL with the Wheeling Nailers when he left to join the Admirals. This will be Druila's third season with Milwaukee.

Huh. My pops used to be the equipment manager for the Knights here in Nashville when they were affiliated with Atlanta. Got to go down there quite a few times and watch Atlanta and hang out in the locker room.

Side note, went down when the Fire Antz were still around, was walking around the Omni as a youngster (maybe 11?) and saw the Turner Cup just sitting in an unlocked room. Man that was cool. I felt like a badass trying to lift it up.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has signed defenseman Bryan Rodney to a one-year, two-way contract worth $550,000 at the NHL level and $120,000 at the AHL level.

Rodney, 29 (4/22/84), spent the 2012-13 season with the American Hockey League’s Manchester Monarchs, notching 15 points (4g-11a) in 44 games. In 2010-11, he served as captain of the Charlotte Checkers (AHL), being named to his second consecutive AHL All-Star Classic, and finishing among the league’s Top 10 defensemen in assists and points (9g-38a-47pts). Since turning pro in 2005-06, the 6-4, 204-pound blueliner has 13 points (1g-12a) in 34 NHL contests with Edmonton and Carolina, and 181 points (34g-147a) in 350 AHL games with Hartford, Albany, Charlotte, Syracuse, Oklahoma City and Manchester.

Looks like some leadership headed to Milwaukee.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=679024

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
I was reading some old threads and noticed the one about Linus Klasen. What ever happened to him?

Klasen returned to Sweden two seasons ago where he captained Malmō in the second-tier in his first season back and is now scheduled to play his second season with LuleÃ¥ of the Swedish Hocke League (formerly Swedish Elite League) this season.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
It's surprising that two similar extremely talanted and skilled swedish players like Linus Klasen and Linus Omark don't get to play in the NHL.

I guess it's their lack of strong defensive play stopping them but it's still weird. In the same way the offensive skill of these two players are sometimes exceptional and rare.

Rumour is Omark is close to a NHL deal, but probably not Edmonton, Omark really wants to play in the NHL.

Omark has been practicing with AIK (SEL) in Stockholm a couple of weeks ago though and recently bought an apartment in Stockholm.

Klasen will play another season in Luleå, that's for sure. Wouldn't surprise me though if he gets back to NHL after this sesaon? Luleå is definately one of the SEL favorites this season.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
It's surprising that two similar extremely talanted and skilled swedish players like Linus Klasen and Linus Omark don't get to play in the NHL.

I guess it's their lack of strong defensive play stopping them but it's still weird. In the same way the offensive skill of these two players are sometimes exceptional and rare.

Rumour is Omark is close to a NHL deal, but probably not Edmonton, Omark really wants to play in the NHL.

Omark has been practicing with AIK (SEL) in Stockholm a couple of weeks ago though and recently bought an apartment in Stockholm.

Klasen will play another season in Luleå, that's for sure. Wouldn't surprise me though if he gets back to NHL after this sesaon? Luleå is definately one of the SEL favorites this season.

its the name... Linus.... nobody can play NHL hockey dragging a blanket around behind them..

:naughty::laugh:

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
While I'm excited to see what Vinny Saponari can bring, the invitee to rookie camp that intrigues me the most is defenseman Kayle Doetzel.

Kayle Doetzel is becoming more of a hot topic as the draft nears.
Scouts have known about him for a long time, but the Hitmen defender is slowly starting to spread his name outside of the WHL’s borders.
Future Considerations’ Zenon Herasymiuk sees Doetzel as a major draft sleeper.
“Doetzel isn’t the biggest, fastest, or strongest player in the draft class, but he is certainly one of the most consistent defenseman in his age group,†Herasymiuk wrote. “Every time he steps on the ice you know you are getting 45 seconds of shutdown. I call his game “politely meanâ€. He doesn’t go out of his way looking for trouble, but when given the opportunity to eliminate an opposing threat he will willingly paste someone to the boards with a strong, clean check. When [Doetzel is] able to pull it all together, he will be a scary defenseman and true gem for an NHL team.â€</div>

http://thenhlarena.com/topic/326439-nhl-draft-under-the-radar-whl-prospects/

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
so am I understanding you that he went undrafted but we have invited him to camp?

Yes, he went undrafted this season. Has battled injuries the past few years, but was the WHL's 16th ranked skater in the mid season rankings. He is a free agent invitee along with Saponari, GA native & former ATL prospect, Michael Moffat, and Sebastien Geoffrion.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
played high school hockey vs Vinnys bro in ATL High School League.

Vinny's window might have passed though. He did project to be a top 9 player

Apologize if this is wrong...Is Vinny the one who got kicked off of the BC (or BU) hockey team and signed in the USHL while with the Thrash?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I literally don't think we've ever ended up signing a FA invite to camp, despite having a couple of players that went on to sign and have success elsewhere (Jake Muzzin being the most recent).

Doetzel is probably the most interesting name here, Saponari is likely playing for an AHL contract.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
I literally don't think we've ever ended up signing a FA invite to camp, despite having a couple of players that went on to sign and have success elsewhere (Jake Muzzin being the most recent).

Doetzel is probably the most interesting name here, Saponari is likely playing for an AHL contract.

Scott Valentine was the only one I can remember.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

I seem to remember Yanic Perreault being a camp invite before he signed

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

He was too small to play in the AHL. He got hit in the head and didn't recover well. He hung onto the puck too much, it made him a target. I wish him well in Sweden!

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
In the olympic break in february, the swedish team Färjestad will go to NA to play the AHL all star team.
An opportunity to check out Preds prospects Aberg & Gortz.

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
In the olympic break in february, the swedish team Färjestad will go to NA to play the AHL all star team.
An opportunity to check out Preds prospects Aberg & Gortz.

and its in my part of town in st johns! glad I will get to see Aberg

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Cellblock 303 ‏@Cellblock303
Tommy Veilluex has been sent home w/ arm injury and Sebastian Geoffrion suffered concussion in rookie games, out mandatory 7 days. #Preds

:( Hope it's not too serious for Geoffrion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad