In The System Part IV (Preds Prospect, Minor League Talk)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Good thing you have Pekka locked up, because Magnus looks terrible tonight. I'm at the Ads/Stars game in Austin and Hellberg looks shaky as hell.

Aaron Sims said that Hellberg looked rusty. Texas won 7-4 with two PPGs and a shorty. It was 5-4 with 8:32 remaining. Every time Milwaukee scored, Texas came right back and scored. Milwaukee was 3 for 8 on the PP.

Salomaki had a goal and maybe 3 assists. Forsberg had a goal ("What a cannon!") and an assist.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
salomaki really sounds to be playing well as does sissons. am i wrong in saying sissons could potentially be a top 6 forward for us?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Good thing you have Pekka locked up, because Magnus looks terrible tonight. I'm at the Ads/Stars game in Austin and Hellberg looks shaky as hell.

I think you're being ridiculously harsh on Hellberg. It's the first time he's played in how long?

I'm also going to run down the goals he gave up.

First goal there was traffic in front of the net, an Admiral was attempting to block the first shot, another was standing in front of the net and a Stars player was flashing across the crease as the shot was coming through. Maybe he should've stopped it, I didn't really see a good view of it but it wasn't a complete softy that he let in.

The second goal was a turnover behind the net by Watson on a 5 on 3 power play. It's hard enough to stop a 5 on 3 power play. Even harder when Watson turns it over when you can't see it and the puck is quickly thrown out in front of the net.

Third goal was just after a 5 on 3 ended. Two Admirals were doing nothing other than backing up to Hellberg which allowed a pass all the way across the ice to the left circle. Van Guilder tried blocking the shot but he pulled his stick around and went short side on Hellberg. Maybe Hellberg could've gotten there faster but he had to stop to make sure the Texas player in the center of the ice didn't control the puck. Also a perfectly placed shot, much like Forsberg's goal later on.

Fourth goal Bitetto turned it over behind the net. There was a quick pass and Morin was all alone between the circles.

Fifth goal was a 2 on 0. Enough said.

Sixth goal was a bad goal. It was a semi breakaway at a bad angle and the angle was made worse by an Admiral coming down to help. He needed to seal off the left corner because that was the only way he was going to score and he didn't.

Overall though I'm just not seeing what you saw.

Badger22

Nov 6, 2013
Madison, WI

The highlights tell a different story....at least having to do with the goals anyway.

Keep in mind the last time he played..

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Juuse Saros with his 3rd shutout of the season in the Finnish Elite League. Season totals 13gp, 1.80GAA, .926%

It's pretty safe to say that he'll be Finland's starting goalie in the U20's.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Admirals snap their 3 game losing streak and also snap the Griffins 7 game winning streak.

Sissons with his 6th goal of the season, Forsberg, Moser and Budish with assists. Van Guilder picked up the game winner with 4:38 left. Hellberg saves 28 of 29.

Remix

Oct 22, 2013
Juuse Saros with his 3rd shutout of the season in the Finnish Elite League. Season totals 13gp, 1.80GAA, .926%

Although I haven't seen him live much this season the numbers are very impressive considering his team HPK has been really bad this season. Looking forward to see him in u20's.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Blues fan here in peace! Love the Preds!

Watching Milwaukee Admirals and Chicago Wolves (Blues affiliate) and Bitetto is awesome!

Trying to keep an eye on Sissons, but he has been invisible tonight. Rask looks good, Rodney some good plays and some bad plays too. Hellberg some nice saves.

You have some nice prospects down there.

Well...Wolves won, but Bitetto is kick ****ing ass!

Last edited:

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland

Juuse Saros again with a shutout, 28/28 saves against Jokerit. Right now he is the best goalie in the league. He also broke Kari Lehtonen's record in U19 goalie's shutouts in the Finnish Elite League.

Last edited:

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
Admirals 1-0 over Iowa Wild. Darling with 32 saves.

But the much bigger story is that Hellberg was not dressed. Backing up Darling was DEREK HENDER...

http://theahl.com/stats/player.php?id=5101

Yes, you read that right... 46 year old Derek Hender... and if you Google him, you know that he's in an adult league in Des Moines... and not listed in Hockey DB, so he's never played collegiate, or pro hockey.

There's one for him to always remember!

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
But the much bigger story is that Hellberg was not dressed. Backing up Darling was DEREK HENDER...

Yes, you read that right... 46 year old Derek Hender... and if you Google him, you know that he's in an adult league in Des Moines... and not listed in Hockey DB, so he's never played collegiate, or pro hockey.

lol, damn.

MrMariusz

Nov 13, 2007
Belgium
Wow. Thats like Pat Dipronio being used as a backup for the Dogs a while back.

Apparently this is the second time that Hender has been signed as an emergency goalie this year.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
Juuse Saros again with a shutout, 28/28 saves against Jokerit. Right now he is the best goalie in the league. He also broke Kari Lehtonen's record in U19 goalie's shutouts in the Finnish Elite League.

What a beast! At this rate he'll be starting for Finland at the WJC's next month. Although, Ville Husso (who went un-drafted) is also having a great season for HIFK. I really hope Saros gets the nod though.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Hellberg is playing tonight. He has allowed one goal in 2 periods against Abby.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
It was a see-saw game last night. The Admirals started fast, but Chicago turned the tide in the first period. Chicago dominated in the second period, taking a 2-0 lead. Hellberg wasn't getting much help from his D-men. Kevin Henderson scored his first goal of the season on a nifty backhander to get Milwaukee on the scoreboard.

At the end of Period 2, something happened between Aucoin and Bitetto in front of Hellberg. I didn't see it, but Aucoin was skating around with Bitetto’s helmet for about 15 seconds. One linesman had a tug-of-war with Aucoin to get the helmet out of his left hand. The teams came out and played 4 on 4 in the third period and Moser scored to tie it. I noticed that Jarvinen went after Aucoin early in the third period.

The Milwaukee PP was terrible. The Ads looked better when they were shorthanded!
Hopefully, the Admirals righted the ship with this hard fought shoot out 3-2 win over a talented Wolves team.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
salomaki really sounds to be playing well as does sissons. am i wrong in saying sissons could potentially be a top 6 forward for us?

He seems to top out as a 2nd line forward, but one that can contribute in all facets of the game. All depends on how he handles and adapts to the NHL.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Some Updates From Our Forward Prospects (slow day at the office)

Milwaukee

Miikka Salomaki- 20 gp, 5g 9 a- 14pts - Is Salomaki a budding top 6 scorer?
Colton Sissons- 20 gp 7g 7a- 14 pts - Cooled off a little after a torrid start
Austin Watson 20 gp 5 g 6 a- 11 pts- Producing at a similar clip to last year
Simon Moser- 20 gp 4g 5 a - 9 pts- Maybe he isn't that good after all
Taylor Beck 16 gp - 5 g 3 a - 8pts - Regressing
Zach Budish- 17 gp 2g 2 a- 4 pts- Disappointment
Patrick Cehlin 7 gp 2 g 3a -5 pts- I guess he is injured???

Europe
Pontus Aberg- Farjestads- 25 gp 6g 6a- 12 pts - 3rd in overall points on a mediocre SEL team
Emil Pettersson- Timra- 21 gp 4g 3 a - 7pts
Juuso Puustinen- HIFK Helsinki- 28 gp 17 g 9 a 26 pts - Is this dude going to come over?

Junior
Brandon Leipsic Portland- 24 gp 18g 19a 37 pts - Solid numbers,but not as prolific as last season
Felix Girard- Some QMJHL team - 25 gp 4 g 14 a 18pts - Not producing at last year's rate

NCAA
Jimmy Vesey- Harvard- 11gp 7g 2 a -9pts -2nd on team in points
Zach Stepan- Minnesota State -10 gp 3g 2 a - 5pts 8th in team points
Wade Murphy- North Dakota- 13 gp 0 g 2 a- 2pts
Chase Balisy- Western Michigan 14gp 1 g 8 a - 9pts - Don't know much about this guy

Questions

Will any of these guys become the dynamic forward pieces we need?

Will Aberg sign?

Is Leipsic our top line LW of the future or Gabby Bourque 2.0?

Is Vesey the real deal?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Some Updates From Our Forward Prospects (slow day at the office)

Milwaukee

Miikka Salomaki- 20 gp, 5g 9 a- 14pts - Is Salomaki a budding top 6 scorer?
Colton Sissons- 20 gp 7g 7a- 14 pts - Cooled off a little after a torrid start
Austin Watson 20 gp 5 g 6 a- 11 pts- Producing at a similar clip to last year
Simon Moser- 20 gp 4g 5 a - 9 pts- Maybe he isn't that good after all
Taylor Beck 16 gp - 5 g 3 a - 8pts - Regressing
Zach Budish- 17 gp 2g 2 a- 4 pts- Disappointment
Patrick Cehlin 7 gp 2 g 3a -5 pts- I guess he is injured???

Europe
Pontus Aberg- Farjestads- 25 gp 6g 6a- 12 pts - 3rd in overall points on a mediocre SEL team
Emil Pettersson- Timra- 21 gp 4g 3 a - 7pts
Juuso Puustinen- HIFK Helsinki- 28 gp 17 g 9 a 26 pts - Is this dude going to come over?

Junior
Brandon Leipsic Portland- 24 gp 18g 19a 37 pts - Solid numbers,but not as prolific as last season
Felix Girard- Some QMJHL team - 25 gp 4 g 14 a 18pts - Not producing at last year's rate

NCAA
Jimmy Vesey- Harvard- 11gp 7g 2 a -9pts -2nd on team in points
Zach Stepan- Minnesota State -10 gp 3g 2 a - 5pts 8th in team points
Wade Murphy- North Dakota- 13 gp 0 g 2 a- 2pts
Chase Balisy- Western Michigan 14gp 1 g 8 a - 9pts - Don't know much about this guy

Questions

Will any of these guys become the dynamic forward pieces we need?

Will Aberg sign?

Is Leipsic our top line LW of the future or Gabby Bourque 2.0?

Is Vesey the real deal?

Puustinen just went BACK to Europe, and is no longer our property. Free agent, likely never coming back to NA.

Leipsic is likely closer to Bourque than a top line player, in the NHL. Energy forward that can possibly score 20 goals.

I think Aberg plans to be in NA next season, but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad