Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
So now that the deadline is over and done with, what defense men will we trade for during the draft? :D
Not sure, but I can't wait for everyone's overreactions! Since like we do a lot of those after every trade we make :laugh:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Stastny's contract situation, Tanguay's recovery, and the rest of the season could impact if a guy like Parenteau becomes bait for that defenseman (again?). Without a 2nd round pick, can you trade the 1st rounder?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
There's not much in our prospect pool as it is so they might not want to trade a 1st but I'd do it if it helps get us a top four defenseman. If they say they're not going to trade the 1st to upgrade on defense in part because they've already traded the 2nd (for a backup goalie), oh boy.

Averick*

Stastny's contract situation, Tanguay's recovery, and the rest of the season could impact if a guy like Parenteau becomes bait for that defenseman (again?). Without a 2nd round pick, can you trade the 1st rounder?

Yes, but it depends on the potential benefit. More, realistically, no..

Averick*

One interesting strategy would be to pick a team who, we feel, is overachieving and might come down to earth in 2015 ( hopefully it's not us) and trade for their 2015 1st. So, would we roll the dice on Parenteau and a first in a weak draft for a potentially high 1st in a stronger draft? Would we be able to?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
One interesting strategy would be to pick a team who, we feel, is overachieving and might come down to earth in 2015 ( hopefully it's not us) and trade for their 2015 1st. So, would we roll the dice on Parenteau and a first in a weak draft for a potentially high 1st in a stronger draft? Would we be able to?
The team isn't rebuilding any more, so a trade like that would be a huge step back.

The only way I see the team moving their 1st this summer is for a young defenseman, like Despres or Gormley.

Averick*

The team isn't rebuilding any more, so a trade like that would be a huge step back.

The only way I see the team moving their 1st this summer is for a young defenseman, like Despres or Gormley.

A first plus what else?

It's almost starting to feel like teams might be asking for more from the Avs than they do other teams.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
It's too bad the AHL season ends a week after the NHL season. I wouldn't mind Elliott coming up and seeing what he can do, if Benoit keeps struggling.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It's too bad the AHL season ends a week after the NHL season. I wouldn't mind Elliott coming up and seeing what he can do, if Benoit keeps struggling.

He may get called up anyway. It isn't like Lake Erie are going to be down to the wire fighting for a playoff spot.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

If the Avs deem they need help I doubt the last week or two of the season, that isn't going to matter for Lake Erie, is going to have any effect on their decision to call somebody up or not.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I totally missed this:

CapGeek ‏@capgeek 48s
Among items that may have been missed yesterday, @helenenothelen reported 2014-15 cap could be as low as $68M due to decline in CDN dollar.

That could have a huge effect on the number of teams that dabble in free agency.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I totally missed this:

CapGeek ‏@capgeek 48s
Among items that may have been missed yesterday, @helenenothelen reported 2014-15 cap could be as low as $68M due to decline in CDN dollar.

That could have a huge effect on the number of teams that dabble in free agency.
Also might mean there are some pieces available as teams won't have the negotiating room that they thought they did.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Also might mean there are some pieces available as teams won't have the negotiating room that they thought they did.

I think it could make Stastny much easier to re-sign as well. The Avs will have the cap room, but other teams that could use him and are in a position to win may not. St. Louis will likely be too tight, Anaheim may have the room but will be close, Montreal probably isn't worth the move for him, Chicago won't have the room... the options are very limited with a $68m cap.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I totally missed this:

CapGeek ‏@capgeek 48s

Let's hope this is true. Avs could easily re-sign everybody important and still have 7+ million in cap space. That might make things very tight for some other teams though.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
So Patrick dropped a bit of a bomb in his radio show today, saying in the off-season they'd have to decide on which goalie in LE they're going to keep, and which they're going to trade, and next year they'll need to find an older mentor as the 3rd guy behind Berra for the one they keep because he thinks it's important to have a rotation down there. The implication also sounded like he believes in giving one guy a lot of games to develop.

Starts with 5:05 remaining in the interview.

http://www.1043thefan.com/Channels/EvansKlatt/story.aspx?ID=2137831

Last edited:

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
So Patrick dropped a bit of a bomb in his radio show today, saying in the off-seasons they'd have to decide on which goalie in LE they're going to keep, and which they're going to trade, and next year they'll need to find an older mentor as the 3rd guy behind Berra for the one they keep because he thinks it's important to have a rotation down there. The implication also sounded like he believes in giving one guy a lot of games to develop.

Starts with 5:05 remaining in the interview.

http://www.1043thefan.com/Channels/EvansKlatt/story.aspx?ID=2137831

If the bozos doing the interview had their wits about them they could have asked about the coaching situation in Cleveland. But a great interview and some interesting insights into the long-term vision of the brain trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad