Im gonna ask the question: Is Nashville elite now?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I agree with a lot of what BKArchitect says in his post above. The 2C role however is a big question mark. If it is Novak, can he handle that for a full season? He was really streaky last year and he's not a "prospect"; he's in his prime. If they go with Stamkos at 2C and elevate Evangelista to 2nd line wing I think it could be more potent 2nd line.

In terms of Stamkos returning to C, I think it could actually unlock some 5v5 offense that was missing last year. He’s an underrated playmaker and if he’s paired with the right wingers he could see an uptick in production.

Just don’t expect much defensively. But maybe the matchups can be managed considering the other centers on the team.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
In terms of Stamkos returning to C, I think it could actually unlock some 5v5 offense that was missing last year. He’s an underrated playmaker and if he’s paired with the right wingers he could see an uptick in production.

Just don’t expect much defensively. But maybe the matchups can be managed considering the other centers on the team.
I'd be interested to see how Stamkos would do at center with Forsberg and Evangelista on his wings.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I like the Stamkos move a ton. But I think Marchessault is the real difference maker. NSH is going to be a great team this coming season. I'll say Cup threat. Maybe not top 2 or 3 contender, but maybe top 2 or 3 contender.

Last edited:
Reactions: BKarchitect

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I could see an argument for them being the 4th, 5th, or 6th best team in the West.

Edmonton, Dallas, Colorado are the top three.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Did he fall off in the off season?
You know what, i looked at his stats and i dont know what I’m talking about, i was under the impression Stamkos was an oft injuries player because i dont pay attention to the lightning and that one year he missed all but 4 playoff games and played 38 games the next season. Buts he’s been very healthy since. It’s so easy to think of 19-21 season as recent but it’s literally 5 seasons ago. Never mind my post.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I hope no one tells Edmonton this since their team is older.

God....you people remind me of my sister. Hates certain people. Wants nothing to do with them. Shuts them out of her life. But never shuts up about them and oblivious how it makes her look in the end. lol

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I hope no one tells Edmonton this since their team is older.
People CAN comment on things.

Just because the Oilers are older than they usually are doesn’t mean Oiler fans can’t speak about other teams and players who might be older.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
They're gonna knock out Edmonton in the 2nd round. Saros will get hot and the Oiler will struggle to navigate through their defensive system like they did vs Vancouver

Reactions: HockeyWooot

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
To paraphrase the kids.

It's giving Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne on the Avalanche vibes.
Listen so that's legit for me. Especially listening to Marchessault talk about his conversation with Stamkos the day before signing. My only saving grace is, Brunette's system seemed to really work with Nyquist and O'Reilly. Hopefully it has the same affect. Also, with how much Evangelista grew, especially towards the end of the year, I think he's also ready to be a big contributer.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
5 years ago, it would've been a cup contender. Today, I think it's putting a lot of weight on guys close to their mid 30's who aren't at the top of their games. Seems like a 2nd round/WCF team to me. But the central is pretty rough, and one really good team will be bounced in the first round.
Most balanced and accurate take.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
People CAN comment on things.

Just because the Oilers are older than they usually are doesn’t mean Oiler fans can’t speak about other teams and players who might be older.
Um, ok? I'm not sure how you inferred that from my comment. I was just pointing out that a team everyone considers to be a cup contender is older than Nashville in a reply to someone saying it's a young man's game and Nashville is too old to make the playoffs. You know, since people CAN comment on things and I'm a people.

• Love
Reactions: Oilslick941611

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Playoff team, but will be hard pressed to win a series. This all goes out the window if Forsberg or especially, Josi, is injured.

Some impressive names, but most of them are past their due date.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Forsberg, Josi, Saros, Stamkos, Marchessault, Ror? I don't think we're lacking in game changers.
Other than Josi and Stories.to a lesser degree none of those forwards are really game changers.

Decent players but maybe the highest rank forward on the team is what....30,40 something best in the league as a forward?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Forsberg, Josi, Saros, Stamkos, Marchessault, Ror? I don't think we're lacking in game changers.
Other than Josi and Storos.to a lesser degree (as many goalies can steal a series) none of those forwards are really game changers.

Decent players but maybe the highest rank forward on the team is what....30,40 something best in the league as a forward?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Other than Josi and Stories.to a lesser degree none of those forwards are really game changers.

Forsberg just hit 48 goals like 4 months ago, sixth in goals, ahead of Pasternak, Kucherov, point, etc.

Reactions: HockeyScotty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad