Ilya Mikheyev

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
He's extremely snakebit, but I'm sure the goals will come around eventually (not that he'll ever be much of a scorer). I think he's gonna be alot like Hyman for the Leafs in a couple of years, scoring 15-20 goals while doing most of the dirty work on his line.

Agree, he has generated sooo many chances and it just hasn’t happened. The effort is always there every shift and he is great in the PK.

Honestly I would like to see him with Nylander and JT. It seems whenever he does get a rush chance nobody from his line is anywhere near him and he is fighting off three defenders.

Reactions: Cleatus

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
He looks pretty awful when it comes to goal scoring, I'd bet Matthews at 15 had a better shot than Mikheyev does now.

But he's still a very useful player with incredible speed.
The guy has major wrist surgery last year. That's something that will take a long time to recover from and might be be 100%
Joe Colborne was almost washed of the league because his wrist was not the same until one day it clicked and he could shot again

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
I had a similar injury to my wrist and it took a lot of time to get my strength back to normal in that hand. Completely lost all feel because of nerves that were cut along with the arteries. I love Mikheyev's game but if his injury was anything like mine, he may never get his touch back.

Reactions: Korg

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I had a similar injury to my wrist and it took a lot of time to get my strength back to normal in that hand. Completely lost all feel because of nerves that were cut along with the arteries. I love Mikheyev's game but if his injury was anything like mine, he may never get his touch back.

I was surprised he even came back for the playoffs. An injury like that requires a ton of physiotherapy in general, even worse for someone who's job requires so much wrist utility.

The Blueprint

Dec 4, 2018
Big fan of Mikheyev. Has all the tools, I think the wrist injury is still hindering his hands/finish.

I have faith the points will come as the season continues and wouldn't be surprised to see him cement himself in the top 6.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
He has a place on this team for his price. Lethal speed, great PKing ability and is hard on the puck.

goals haven’t come yet. They might not come very much but he provides enough elsewhere that he is a staple IMO

Reactions: OpenNetSniper

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Now that Mikheyev has the monkey of his back with his latest goal, let hope this opens the door for more to come.

He has been skating really well and playing well also with little to show for that effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad