Ilya Mikheyev

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
He looks pretty awful when it comes to goal scoring, I'd bet Matthews at 15 had a better shot than Mikheyev does now.

But he's still a very useful player with incredible speed.

Reactions: TopCheese

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
He's extremely snakebit, but I'm sure the goals will come around eventually (not that he'll ever be much of a scorer). I think he's gonna be alot like Hyman for the Leafs in a couple of years, scoring 15-20 goals while doing most of the dirty work on his line.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I feel like once Mikheyev gets that first goal, they’ll start to come more often. He needs his confidence offensively back.

Reactions: 40BayStreet

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
He seems to get at least one breakaway a game on the PK. Man he has no finish though. Definitely a player to keep around and keep in the line up due to his PK abilities, size and exceptional speed

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
It's weird that he has a good defensive stick but can't finish for shit. He's worth his salary without the goals, but he'd be worth double if he could score.

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
That's kinda a polar opposite comparison though right?
Kovalev was a dangler east west; big man with soft hands.
Mikhayev is a straight line North/South; big man, speedster.
Yes I agree, they aren't similar players. I was comparing the size and speed similarity. Mik does not possess Kovalev's game breaking talent. When Kovy wanted to play, he could dangle through the opposition effortlessly. A true talent.

Reactions: TheGroceryStick

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I agree with a lot of what has been posted in this thread. Big, strong on the puck, great skater, great PK'er. Untapped offensive potential which could simply be in part to his serious wrist injury last season. He may regain that touch or he may not. Still a useful player, but he may not always be part of the top-9 if he can't score.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
He's definitely snakebit. Hopefully the team figures out a way to help him break through. Get a greasy one somehow.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Despite being snake-bitten, he's been skating really well, his presence on the PK has been huge. When he gets one the floodgates are going to open.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
He seemed a bit disinterested into his game, the soup,kerfoot,Vesey line was pretty quiet from what I saw. He's hustled harder the last couple of games except this one.

He will get one in and start heating up eventually.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
simmonds, vesey, kerfoot, and spezza all have more points, but watching the games you don't notice them more than mikheyev, he really makes a lot of plays with that speed...when we get joe and robertson back, i still like him with kerfoot over vesey and simmonds cause of his elite speed and strong defense

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I wouldn’t remove Hyman off the top line once Thornton returns considering Matthews and Marner have been absolutely killing it. I’d like to see Thornton on the third line with Mikheyev, hopefully Thornton and his passing can get Mikheyev going with a couple goals!

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
If this is what Mikheyev is, a guy who looks good in all situations every night but can't finish well enough to break the 20goal/40pt plateau, that might not be a bad thing. It might keep him affordable and it's not like this team needs him to be an offensive engine. If he has a net effect of adding 20-25 goals to our goal differential I don't care if he does it by keeping the other team from scoring by just always having the puck in their end

Reactions: Korg and blueberrie

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
I don't see Kovalev at all. To me, if he had a better and luckier shot, he'd be more of a Kulemin.

Reactions: Korg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad