Confirmed with Link: Ilya Mikheyev (15% retained by VAN), '27 2nd rounder, & rights to Sam Lafferty for '27 4th rounder

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
That is precisely the reason why KD wanted the 2027 2nd rounder. He expects the Hawks to be a playoff contender by 2027.
Pretty sure it had more to do with the other party not caring as much about a 2nd 4 years from now...especially since he threw a 4th in there.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Could be both.
Maybe, but Kyle has definitely demonstrated a pattern of losing the % or numbers game from an asset management perspective in favor of a higher pick for a while now.

It's fine, it's just funny how little capspace and time is of value to the franchise. So many jealous gms.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
this is great trade for KD IMO they would have been tied for 3rd and 4th for EV goals on the hawks last year. and they played 14 and 12 mins per game. Massive upgrades over Reese, Mckenzie raddysh. plus they are both + skaters and league Avg size wise or better 6-1 and 6-3
Hate to bring this up, but looking at his game logs, Mikheyev has exactly one goal scored since he played in Chicago before Christmas. Not sure it's a massive upgrade.

At least he moves fast for a 30+ type...if he stays on the ice.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Hate to bring this up, but looking at his game logs, Mikheyev has exactly one goal scored since he played in Chicago before Christmas. Not sure it's a massive upgrade.

At least he moves fast for a 30+ type...if he stays on the ice.
He was injured majority of the year, and recovering from a major knee injury.

Maybe, but Kyle has definitely demonstrated a pattern of losing the % or numbers game from an asset management perspective in favor of a higher pick for a while now.
In your opinion, of course.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
He was injured majority of the year, and recovering from a major knee injury.
He had 10 goals early in the year and then fell off the ledge, hard. Had some injuries in Toronto if I recall correctly too. With AA, not sure I get it with so many cap dumps out there and KD willing to take a pick in 32' but the contract doesn't hurt anything so whatever.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He had 10 goals early in the year and then fell off the ledge, hard. Had some injuries in Toronto if I recall correctly too.
Yeah, he's a streaky player to begin with, kind of like AA in that sense. We aren't going to be getting legit NHLers worth their contract while also getting a 2nd round pick. Not sure what you expect.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
How in the world are we going to be contenders by then? We have another tank season ahead of us since apparently KD's done adding to our forwards and then 2 seasons after that we're supposed to be buyers at the deadline? The only forward prospect on our team who's going to be relatively close to their prime at that point is Bedard. Get out of here.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
So we gave away our 2nd for basically a tiny bump up but we take on 2 years of garbage for 4 million a year? Remember when Hawks had to give up TT for ONE year of Bickel at 4 million, now we are taking 2 years and all we getting is a measly late second round draft which is basically nothing? Pathetic move. This is gonna be a tough decade with another clueless GM.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
So we gave away our 2nd for basically a tiny bump up but we take on 2 years of garbage for 4 million a year? Remember when Hawks had to give up TT for ONE year of Bickel at 4 million, now we are taking 2 years and all we getting is a measly late second round draft which is basically nothing? Pathetic move. This is gonna be a tough decade with another clueless GM.
I think by the 2027-2028 season we should probably be at a point where we are adding assets and not stockpiling picks. His logic is sound from my shitty brained perspective.

2024-2025 - Still not great, finish in bottom 5-10 of the league?
2025-2026 - Getting better, bottom 8 -13 seeing prospects come along, maybe an addition. Dare I say, Demidov?
2026-2027 - Edge of playoffs? Finish just outside?
2027-2028 - Hard pressed but making playoffs. Add a player prior to season with shitty picks like the Canucks' second.
2028-2029 - On our way to being legitimate.

I'm all for ammo to add actual assets. We can't just draft a lot of players forever. We have A LOT of picks over that span.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I think by the 2027-2028 season we should probably be at a point where we are adding assets and not stockpiling picks. His logic is sound from my shitty brained perspective.

2024-2025 - Still not great, finish in bottom 5-10 of the league?
2025-2026 - Getting better, bottom 8 -13 seeing prospects come along, maybe an addition. Dare I say, Demidov?
2026-2027 - Edge of playoffs? Finish just outside?
2027-2028 - Hard pressed but making playoffs. Add a player prior to season with shitty picks like the Canucks' second.
2028-2029 - On our way to being legitimate.

I'm all for ammo to add actual assets. We can't just draft a lot of players forever. We have A LOT of picks over that span.
You're not responding to a real person, FYI.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Yeah, he's a streaky player to begin with, kind of like AA in that sense. We aren't going to be getting legit NHLers worth their contract while also getting a 2nd round pick. Not sure what you expect.
It's a cap dump, I expect dump calibre players and KD delivered. Has some potential upside, seems happy to be here, maybe does something, 27' draft marginally upgraded for a ton of $$ Danny doesn't mind burning. It's fine.

I'm just not on board calling it an upgrade until he actually plays.
Are these comments taken seriously? "I wanted to lower value the return on the trade because it's more convenient on paper".

It's a cap dump, and I'ld be pretty shocked if KD didn't prefer the Van 25 2nd like literally every other front office. Few franchises would even consider a pick 3 drafts out let alone 4 drafts out. Not complicated.

"January 31, 2024

VANCOUVER -- Patrik Allvin signed a three-year contract Wednesday to remain general manager of the Vancouver Canucks."

Reactions: Illinihockey

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It's a cap dump, I expect dump calibre players and KD delivered. Has some potential upside, seems happy to be here, maybe does something, 27' draft marginally upgraded for a ton of $$ Danny doesn't mind burning. It's fine.

I'm just not on board calling it an upgrade until he actually plays.

Are these comments taken seriously? "I wanted to lower value the return on the trade because it's more convenient on paper".

It's a cap dump, and I'ld be pretty shocked if KD didn't prefer the Van 25 2nd like literally every other front office. Few franchises would even consider a pick 3 drafts out let alone 4 drafts out. Not complicated.

"January 31, 2024

VANCOUVER -- Patrik Allvin signed a three-year contract Wednesday to remain general manager of the Vancouver Canucks."
If you dont think its an upgrade, you are completely clueless. At worst he upgrades our worst player, on the worst roster in the entire NHL last year. He's a legit NHL player, it doesn't matter if he is a 4th liner, or 3rd liner.

How is a 2027 2nd round pick, any lower of value than a 2024? No one knows what the value of it is when we dont know where VAN will pick, or how deep the draft will be. Not to mention, its an asset, to be used down the road one way or another. How does a 2024 2nd round pick help us next year more than a 2024 2nd round pick?

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
If you dont think its an upgrade, you are completely clueless. At worst he upgrades our worst player, on the worst roster in the entire NHL last year. He's a legit NHL player, it doesn't matter if he is a 4th liner, or 3rd liner.

How is a 2027 2nd round pick, any lower of value than a 2024? No one knows what the value of it is when we dont know where VAN will pick, or how deep the draft will be. Not to mention, its an asset, to be used down the road one way or another. How does a 2024 2nd round pick help us next year more than a 2024 2nd round pick?

Future value of money. In the nfl for example a 2nd round pick in the following draft is considered as valuable as a third round pick in the current draft. A second round pick in 2027 is getting to Chicago when, 2030? At best

Reactions: hockeydoug

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Future value of money. In the nfl for example a 2nd round pick in the following draft is considered as valuable as a third round pick in the current draft. A second round pick in 2027 is getting to Chicago when, 2030? At best
The NFL draft is a different animal completely than the NHL draft. NFL 2nd round draft picks literally play that next season, 2nd round picks in the NHL will be lucky to play at all.

It's an asset, will we even make that pick ourselves? Maybe, but probably not. Not to mention, you only have a certain amount of contract slots, only a certain amount of places for those players to play. You can't be making 6 picks in the first 2 rounds every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad