WC: IIHF refs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
No, I mean that no matter what, people will keep on moaning about refs (and taxes)

Yeah but these refs were like having 200% tax. It means that if you earn 1 euro in your job, you gotta pay two for the goverment.

It means, they flat out suck. We need NHL refs, not some junior refs.

Kharkov

Jun 28, 2013
Of course refs should be professional and with a proper "reward-punishment" system. But on the other hand I don't get how the IIHF (or any other body) should change anything because of a few fans' barks.
In optimal case IIHF should not change refs because some rightfully criticize their refs. In optimal case IIHF itself would realize that their refs are bad, and IIHF would make conclusion that they need better refs. Referees in this tournament were worst in years. In fact maybe worst refereeing what I can remember.

But like I said, this seems like a cultural difference between us. If there is a problem, I think that it needs to be solved. You think that it shouldn't be solved.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
How is it only few finnish sore losers complaining here? The reffing was bad for the whole tournament and it was critiziced for the whole tournament.

Russian bias is more evident in your posts than Finnish bias in others.

This thread features complaints from fans of Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Canada, Latvia, Switzerland, Germany. The few Russian posters have no complaints. I wonder where bias is, even with such a small sample.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
But like I said, this seems like a cultural difference between us. If there is a problem, I think that it needs to be solved. You think that it shouldn't be solved.

No. Of course it should be solved and I share the thought that refs should be professional, not real estate agents or dentists. I mean that I have a bit of enough of fans' barking at the moon.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
This thread features complaints from fans of Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Canada, Latvia, Switzerland, Germany. The few Russian posters have no complaints. I wonder where bias is, even with such a small sample.

You have always good points JS! :nod: this time's no different.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Which is ironic as in many previous years, the Russian posters have been among the biggest whiners about the refs. :laugh:

Past Considerations

May 13, 2007
Finland
The game clock incident was sketchy, but the referees weren't the ones responsible for it. That would be the scorekeeper and the timekeeper.
Not sure what did you exactly mean, it would be sketchy if it had not been corrected. I seriously doubt they tried to do any foul play here... this happens often games, it's just less often that goals are scored at the last second of the penalty.

Puck is in the net:

gKSuuzd.jpg

Past Considerations

May 13, 2007
Finland
Kalervo Kummola, the Chairman of FIHA and VP of IIHF said that they'll definitely do something about it.

I don't think they'll be looking into that game or any "fixes" in particular, but how better quality refs could be provided for future tournaments.
I have a feeling Kummola was just fishing for cheap PR points and saving his own ass (from public point of view) with his comments. He is the VP of IIHF, and thus part responsible for this.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Perhaps some indication of the difficulties refs have to work with it in Finland, a tabloid magazine in Finland had comments from Finnish former referee Kim Pihl who says that he's basically been ostracized out of the hockey community by the federation because he made a report to the federation that some female refs had been sexually harassed.

Last edited:

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Perhaps some indication of the difficulties refs have to work with it in Finland, a tabloid magazine in Finland had comments from Finnish former referee Kim Pihl who says that he's basically been ostracized out of the hockey community by the federation because he made a report to the federation that some female refs had been sexually harassed.

:laugh: that's so weird, don't tell me this really happend.:laugh:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
:laugh: that's so weird, don't tell me this really happend.:laugh:

I had a look at the said magazine at the near by kiosk, seems he's had issues with some people at the federation since 2007. For some unexplained reason his license hasn't been re-newed since that year. Based on a quick glance, personality issues/differences seem to be the cause. :facepalm: He's 58 now so not too old for a referee.

Last edited:

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
I had a look at the said magazine at the near by kiosk, seems he's had issues with some people at the federation since 2007. For some unexplained reason his license hasn't been re-newed since that year. Based on a quick glance, personality issues/differences once seem to be the cause. :facepalm: He's 58 now so not too old for a referee.

That's bad if it's true. But it's sure not the problem with all the great referees that are not being send to the WHC (at least according to some of you)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad