Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I love Igor Shesterkin.

For 7@12 mill per? Haha, no fn way.

And the trade speculation is going to be a blast.
There will be none, because Drury will have him locked up.

Let's not forget how great Quick was playing thoughout the season. It gave Igor some space until he figured out this game. Does Quick come back? Igor struggles at times, how would he handle a $10+ contract with all that pressure. Lundqvist did his best and even he failed.

Build a SC team off the back of a goalie is a loser's game, but the NYR management thing they know everything, so i can see them giving him a big contract. DUMB!!

REally hope Drury takes control of this teams destiny, even if it means shaking things up dramatically.

No, more hope and a prayer cup runs. No more waiting for a goalie to save them, sitting on 1g leads.

ENOUGH! it's never going to happen that way
Quick already signed for next season with us.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You may be expecting a bit too much from a goalie.

Like I've seen you get on Hank a lot over his playoffs. But the dude has a huge playoff resume – one of only 20 goalies in NHL history to play over 100 career playoff games – and of that group, Hank has the third-best career playoff save pct. I think he’s only behind Hasek and Rask on that list.

The NYR playoff shortcomings this century are on the skaters, not the goalies.

Put Bob on this year’s NYR, Igor on the Panthers, and Igor is working his way toward a ring right now and Bob is playing golf.

I've been watching since the 70s. The closest I’ve seen to a goalie legit carrying a team to a Cup was Patrick Roy in 1986. And Roy still had a really solid team in front of him, including 2 HOF forwards and 2 HOF d-men.

Roy also had the good fortune of not having to face Edmonton in the SCF that season.

IMHO… Hank and Igor buy their teams additional playoff rounds far more so than the skaters in front of them ever have.

Except we just saw what I have been begging from Igor all playoffs from Bob. A complete playoff game. He's played around 40 playoff games in his career, not one shutout.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Well, it looks like a 11M goalie and his team CAN in fact win the Stanley Cup.

Lock this man up for another 8 years!

Or don't, get a cheap goalie like Skinner, so we can give up a massive soft GWG in game 7 of the finals like he did ;)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Well, it looks like a 11M goalie and his team CAN in fact win the Stanley Cup.

Lock this man up for another 8 years!

Or don't, get a cheap goalie like Skinner, so we can give up a massive soft GWG in game 7 of the finals like he did ;)

Ironic since Shesterkin gave up at least one softy in 5 of the 6 games he played against Florida. Let's not say we want to sign Shesty because we want to avoid softies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Well, your opinion of "softy" is much different than most, we know from the year is pretty much every other shot scored is a "softy".

That's such bullshit but ok. Your opinion of a softy depends on what jersey the guy was wearing. 3rd period softy to pretty much eliminate us in game 5. Very similar to the goal Skinner allowed tonight.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
That's such bullshit but ok. Your opinion of a softy depends on what jersey the guy was wearing. 3rd period softy to pretty much eliminate us in game 5. Very similar to the goal Skinner allowed tonight.
Is it though? You continuously bashed Lundqvist, you continuously bash Igor. It's kind of a running joke now that you just bitch about them non-stop. Igor could stop 143 of 144 shots and lose 1-0 and you would blame him for the lose.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Is it though? You continuously bashed Lundqvist, you continuously bash Igor. It's kind of a running joke now that you just bitch about them non-stop. Igor could stop 143 of 144 shots and lose 1-0 and you would blame him for the lose.

I bitch about soft goals yes. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when it's questioned when a guy give us soft goals every game and I dare criticize it.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I fail to see any reason to go north of $10M.
And they NEED to stand fast with this amount. Btw, does anyone KNOW if Shesty has had that conversation with Hank about NOT being greedy, and allowing Mgmt. to disperse the extra 2-3M to extend others or acquire (w/Goody's departure) a RW that can hang with Kreids and Mika? 2 choices, bank that extra $$$ or get your name on a Cup? The choice is yours', jjst ask Hank what he would do, if he had to do it all over again.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
And they NEED to stand fast with this amount. Btw, does anyone KNOW if Shesty has had that conversation with Hank about NOT being greedy, and allowing Mgmt. to disperse the extra 2-3M to extend others or acquire (w/Goody's departure) a RW that can hang with Kreids and Mika? 2 choices, bank that extra $$$ or get your name on a Cup? The choice is yours', jjst ask Hank what he would do, if he had to do it all over again.

I think the cup being more important than money is a fan thing.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I bitch about soft goals yes. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when it's questioned when a guy give us soft goals every game and I dare criticize it.
It's hard to take those arguments seriously when (in the case of both Hank and Igor) literally every goalie in the league gives up soft goals at a similar or more frequent rate. There is basiclaly no alternative that would be better.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's hard to take those arguments seriously when (in the case of both Hank and Igor) literally every goalie in the league gives up soft goals at a similar or more frequent rate. There is basiclaly no alternative that would be better.

I mean I think he was better against Florida but he was pretty clean against Carolina. More goals against, fewer wow saves, but he didn't give up nearly as many soft goals.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Agreed.

Helly, sorokin, saros all took deals in the $8m range. The market is set and NYR would be stupid going $10 or more.

Needs to stay around $9m

It needs to stay around 8.5.

Get it done now before it changes, frankly.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I think the cup being more important than money is a fan thing.
100% and the players should not feel guilty about it.

If you asked me to sacrifice $2m per year for 7 years to win a cup, I'd laugh in your face and enjoy the $14m extra I just earned for myself.

Now, enjoying the organization and living situation? That's another story and is worth real money in my opinion. You couldn't pay me enough to live in some places for a 7 years of my life that I would never get back. Or deal with poorly run organizations.

And some players throughout history have felt the same.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
100% and the players should not feel guilty about it.

If you asked me to sacrifice $2m per year for 7 years to win a cup, I'd laugh in your face and enjoy the $14m extra I just earned for myself.

Now, enjoying the organization and living situation? That's another story and is worth real money in my opinion. You couldn't pay me enough to live in some places for a 7 years of my life that I would never get back. Or deal with poorly run organizations.

And some players throughout history have felt the same.
Really just need management to have a line and not cross it. I have no problem if Shesty wants to go for the bag. We just can't give him a full one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad