Speculation: If you were a GM (Brady Tkachuk)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
Keep negotiating with Brady for 5 or more years and concurrently have the team doctor review Eichel's medical file.

Reactions: FMichael

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I would trade him for a pick to the team who offers me the biggest bribe - probably Toronto.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
From what I've seen Brady want more AAV, because of a lack of bonuses, and I dont blame him if thats the case. Melnyk is a cheap owner not willing to put up for his star players. Ottawa's forever in purgatory with Melnyk.
So how much more than the rumored $8x8 should Melnyk give him?

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
If he got offered 8 years, 8 mil per its clearly not about the money. He is likely wanting a deal like matthews got. Not the money. Less term to bring him into free agency.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
His dad never won anything either.

I get wanting the money, a lot of it, and as soon as possible, this is a job after all, but if he doesn't want to be in Ottawa, or is already thinking about his options to hit free agency earlier, I don't need that around if I'm trying to build a team.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
there is no real 'situation',
every season a couple player re-ups take a little longer
Nylander's went longer than most
patient negotiations and it comes together,
there are no good reasons for him to hold out for long

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
The people that think Tkachuk isn't worth 8x8 but also believe he's worth Eichel confuse me.

For the record, I very much like Tkachuk.

Reactions: Zach716

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
No to 3 and 4 year deals imo. 1, 2, 5, 6,7, and 8 are the only "safe" lengths. With 2 we still have 2 more rfa years and with 5+ we get some UFA years

This. I’d probably rule out a 1 year deal too. You don’t want to do this again next pre-season.

2 year bridge with a high-ish QO is fine compromise imho. Still gives Ottawa some control while also giving Brady the chance to consider a long term deal vs walking himself to UFA by accepting QO’s in years 3 and 4.

If Ottawa are good 2 years from now he should want to be a part of it. If not, you get your 7 years out of him and move on.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I would much rather pay him on this deal than his next one. Guys who play his style don't last forever and someone will F up and give him huge dollars for long term.

Reactions: Reparlana

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The people that think Tkachuk isn't worth 8x8 but also believe he's worth Eichel confuse me.

For the record, I very much like Tkachuk.
Maybe it is because Eichel has demanded out and is done with BUF. He also has major health issues and a very high cap hit.
Players who put a gun to management s head lose a lot of value.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Maybe it is because Eichel has demanded out and is done with BUF. He also has major health issues and a very high cap hit.
Players who put a gun to management s head lose a lot of value.
Eichel is a top 5 centre in the NHL when healthy. He's 25. He's going to be healthy again.

Reactions: archimet

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
How would you deal with the Brady Tkatchuk situation if you were the GM? Apparently, his camp has rejected an 8x8M offer and his agent apparently called it insulting. This player has not put up the stats to warrant even a 7M deal, which is what Landeskog signed for. Do you overpay the guy you want as the captain of your team or do you show him that he’ll have to compromise if he wants to be save some money to build the team around him?

I’d choose the latter. Brady Tkatchuk is a good player but cannot carry a line on his own. I reserve those high contracts for players who make the players around them a whole lot better. I’d let him sit for however long he wants. Not like the Sens need him because they’re going to miss the playoffs anyway.

What are your thoughts?
Insulted? 8M X 8 years? Insulted? At 22 yrs old................has he even had a 50 pt season?
Do we know his camp were really insulted?? Can't imagine....
Now, if he is asking for bonus money up front, and the crazy owner says no, that seems more likely...
Alot of speculation, because all credit to both camps, they have tried to keep it out of the media....

Bottom line it seems he does not want to stay with the Sens at this point...trade him...

Reactions: SENStastic

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
I'd have to assume Brady's camp is looking for a front loaded contract where he gets a tonne of the money upfront. If it's actually because he thinks he's worth more than 8mil a year I'd laugh and trade the bum. Problem being, other GMs would know about his delusions of grandeur and would have to bank on less taxes and nicer city somewhere else lowering his cost for the receiving team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad