If you could make a realistic trade who would you bring in?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Sounds like Vince Dunn could be on the block. That’s something if I’m the wings I check in on. Only 24 years old. Maybe STL would take Nemeth @ 50% retained + one of our later 2nd round picks for him. He could really help our blue line on the left side for the now and future.

Wouldn't be the first time we've taken on St. Louis' discarded young talent as a reclamation project.

Reactions: RedMenace
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Cholowski and a conditional 2nd (the Oilers or Rangers 2nd, you make the conditional pick dependant on who finishes where) to the Blues for Vince Dunn

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Sounds like Vince Dunn could be on the block. That’s something if I’m the wings I check in on. Only 24 years old. Maybe STL would take Nemeth @ 50% retained + one of our later 2nd round picks for him. He could really help our blue line on the left side for the now and future.
I'd do that, but STL probably not. Word is they want a 1st. Nope, no way.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Man, the Avs are going to have some big choices to make on the defense, no?

Yep, they most likely have to make a decision between Girardi and Toews.

Expansion draft protected:
1. RD Johnson (NMC)
2. RD Makar
3. LD Girardi or LD Toews
---------------------
Safe:
4. LD Byram
5. RD Timmins
--------------
Exempt
6. LD Girardi or LD Toews
7. LD Graves

Nice 7 guys to have and still have great Top6 after the expansion.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Keep blashit for this season and next, draft 1st overall both years.:popcorn:
22' starting roster

Raymond - Wright - Zadina
Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Berggren - Veleno - Fabbri
Smith - Glenny - Big Ras

Power - Seider
Dunn (trade our 2nd + Cholo) - Hronek
Nemeth - Stetcher

Bernier
Greiss (or whoever)
7x Stanely cup champs 2023-2030 EZ clap :naughty:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Just saw this same rumour.

Think STL would be interested in DeKeyser, get their "bouwmeester" to replace Bouwmeester.

They have enough skill on the defence, thanks to Krug, Parayko, Faulk and could let Dunn walk.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedMenace

William Rusco

Dec 16, 2020
Just saw a rumor that Philly and New Jersey are interested in DeKeyser.

Philly has only about $45,000 in cap space. Maybe a mid 6C plus a 2nd or 3rd for DeKeyser with 50% retained?

New Jersy with $6,000,000+ in cap space. Maybe a Mid 6C streight up?

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Just saw a rumor that Philly and New Jersey are interested in DeKeyser.

Philly has only about $45,000 in cap space. Maybe a mid 6C plus a 2nd or 3rd for DeKeyser with 50% retained?New Jersy with $6,000,000+ in cap space. Maybe a Mid 6C streight up?

Helm + Dekeyser for Zajac + ?

dekeyser for Ghostibiere + ?

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Sorry if I missed anyone posting this before, and please bear with me, but....

... since Mantha was a Holland pick, and we need a top 2 C desperately, does anyone think something could be structured around Mantha + 2021 1st for Draisaitl?

I mean, most people seem to be down on the upcoming draft, so the 1st might not be worth as much as other years, and Draisaitl would immediately fill a gaping hole in the lineup.

Also, Greiss and Seider. Start a German Mafia.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Sorry if I missed anyone posting this before, and please bear with me, but....

... since Mantha was a Holland pick, and we need a top 2 C desperately, does anyone think something could be structured around Mantha + 2021 1st for Draisaitl?

I mean, most people seem to be down on the upcoming draft, so the 1st might not be worth as much as other years, and Draisaitl would immediately fill a gaping hole in the lineup.

Also, Greiss and Seider. Start a German Mafia.

the oilers wouldn’t even trade Drai for Larkin + 1st + seider/Raymond.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Outsider- what would be the cost on a 50% retained Namestnikov?

depends on the context imo. Detroit’s biggest organizational needs are at Center and LD so picks/prospects that could help fill that void would be desirable.

However, Namestnikov was an Yzerman guy in Tampa and now brought in to help “steady the ship” in Detroit so I don’t really see Yzerman moving him. In addition, he is under contract for next season while we have several other forwards as pending UFAs.

objectively his value in a trade isn’t that high but I have a tough time seeing Yzerman ship him out barring an offer that’s too good to be true.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
depends on the context imo. Detroit’s biggest organizational needs are at Center and LD so picks/prospects that could help fill that void would be desirable.

However, Namestnikov was an Yzerman guy in Tampa and now brought in to help “steady the ship” in Detroit so I don’t really see Yzerman moving him. In addition, he is under contract for next season while we have several other forwards as pending UFAs.

objectively his value in a trade isn’t that high but I have a tough time seeing Yzerman ship him out barring an offer that’s too good to be true.

Thanks.

I missed the Yzerman connection completely.

For the context from the other side I see him as a perfect fit for the leafs. Could play anywhere in our top 9, versatile, fiesty, decently skilled... and with retention would come in 1m. He heads my list of 2m or less forwards with an extra year on their deal. The others are decent depth pieces but Namestnikov has the potential to be an impactful add.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Thanks.

I missed the Yzerman connection completely.

For the context from the other side I see him as a perfect fit for the leafs. Could play anywhere in our top 9, versatile, fiesty, decently skilled... and with retention would come in 1m. He heads my list of 2m or less forwards with an extra year on their deal. The others are decent depth pieces but Namestnikov has the potential to be an impactful add.

Maybe this is me being greedy, but if a team viewed it as a Barclay Goodrow/Blake Coleman type fit Im sure Yzerman would have to be open minded. Otherwise I just don't see Yzerman sending him out ya know?

Reactions: 4thline

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Maybe this is me being greedy, but if a team viewed it as a Barclay Goodrow/Blake Coleman type fit Im sure Yzerman would have to be open minded. Otherwise I just don't see Yzerman sending him out ya know?

Yup. And while I have trouble seeing Coleman value, I don't think Goodrow type would be out of the question

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Robbie Fabbri/Bobby Ryan/Jonathan Bernier/3rd rdp.

For

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, signs 6 year extension 7.5 million per.

Thoughts? Real, not real?

Shultzyfeelinirie25

Jun 29, 2018
Watching the compete level of this team is what pisses me off its one thing if our guys are playing hard and digging for pucks and battles but they're not. At this point I hope Stevie would be willing to move anyone on the team besides Bert I'm not even kidding and I feel like he will

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad