IF Levshunov is available at #5

take Levshunov?

• Yes take Levshunov and trade one of Reinbacher/Mailloux

• Yes take Levshunov and keep Reinbacher/Mailloux

• No, take Iginla or Catton (or another forward not named Demidov/Lindstrom)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I heard bad stuff about him but don't know for sure. If he's there at 5, I am calling around see if team like Ottawa is interested in trading up. Still get Catton or Sennecke at 7. Gain another late first. To be combined with Jets pick for good young player.
this . Best option "if" Ottawa want him hard . Sennecke at 7 would be great. He's very good hands and can do things even alone against 3 players. He has grow very fast of 4-5 inches. Now, he will takes muscles mass and will be a force. I am the first (and surely the last one :laugh:) to say he's gonna be a Jean Béliveau

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
The best answer would be to trade down. We could draft Levshunov and trade the odd man out on RD but it might not be enough to get what we need or they might not pan out and be worthless.

Ajhccwrs

Jun 17, 2017
Lindstrom has kappo kakko written all over no thanks, ill stick to demigod or Iginla

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
This is probably Habs worse nightmare. We really need a elite forward prospect. We are good at D and Goalie. We really need help in the top 6. If Dach become a injure prone player, are rebuild will be longer. We are missing 2 elites top 6 forwards.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
If we take Levshunov, there doesn't seem to be a need to trade Reinbacher or Mailloux, as we're not sure Mailloux will be a top 4 dman at the NHL level.

Overall I stay away from saying which player we should draft over whom. But, I think it's a dangerous game to draft for need. It takes serious talent and ability to win a cup. So I would go for projected talent and ability at the draft, and then use trades to address need.
I don't see Mailloux not being a top 4 NHL defenseman.

He could be a really flawed top 4 NHL defenseman, but he'll make it I'm 100% positive. (Injuries aside)

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Yes. I see Heiskanen more and more in Reinbacher game. But it's maybe just me who see that.
I can see it. He’s a fluid skater, great outlet pass, is actually really good at jumping in the rush or ozone dating back to his rookie year in Kloten. Add to the fact that even though he doesn’t go looking for physical, he plays a physical brand of hockey

Reactions: KevSkillz4

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
this . Best option "if" Ottawa want him hard . Sennecke at 7 would be great. He's very good hands and can do things even alone against 3 players. He has grow very fast of 4-5 inches. Now, he will takes muscles mass and will be a force. I am the first (and surely the last one :laugh:) to say he's gonna be a Jean Béliveau
Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Habs

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
I wonder if Reinbacher even cracks top 10 in this year's draft with all this blueline talent? I would take this kid if he's there, hard to pass on him

• Haha
Reactions: nicehiss

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wonder if Reinbacher even cracks top 10 in this year's draft with all this blueline talent? I would take this kid if he's there, hard to pass on him
He’s the anti-Rudy. Gotta be @Habs approved.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Don’t think Levshunov is the consensus top D like many here do. You could make an argument for any of he, Silayev, Buium, Parekh or Dickinson.

Yup. There is a lot of Reinbacher type quality which is not sure shot top pairing quality. I see very good top 4D's in this draft.

No way there is any real BPA list (one after another) from 2-10 in this draft. Forwards like Demidov, Iggy, Lindstrom, Catton, Sennecke, Eiserman all have top 6F+ in them.

This is basically a big group of Top 4D vs Top 6F with some of them being top pairing and top line talent.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
My gut says we’re going to pick Iginla.

He's right there in front of us like Tkachuk was.

The part that I like the most with Iginla is it's hard to nit pick his flaws. And then you consider he is one of the youngest and I think he has the most gains from anybody in this draft in his D+1 and D+2 seasons. A play making winger with an elite shot and has size and worth ethic. :nod:

This is about picking the guy we feel will be the best at age 20+. Not the best guy today who may stall.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Yep trading for need has never worked out for this organization. You draft BPA which leverages the GM in many ways including the ability to trade that player for a real need.
Examples of Habs drafting for need in the first round :
Galchenyuk, McCarron, Kotkaniemi, Mailloux, Poehling, Tinordi.

Examples of Habs apparently drafting with BPA in mind : Caufield, Guhle, Slaf, Sherbak, Hutson (not 1st round but clear bpa pick), Beaulieu.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Examples of Habs drafting for need in the first round :
Galchenyuk, McCarron, Kotkaniemi, Mailloux, Poehling, Tinordi.

Examples of Habs apparently drafting with BPA in mind : Caufield, Guhle, Slaf, Sherbak, Hutson (not 1st round but clear bpa pick), Beaulieu.

I believe there a huge difference between drafting for position vs BPA.

We drafted Galchy and KK because we need help at center. No one would be complaining, if we drafted Forsberg and Brady. McCarron and Tinordi for the size.

In 2024: Is more like forward vs D. Draft the best ''forward'' at #5. The best forward at #5 could be a center or winger. Big or small. Draft the best forward.

No idea why you are giving McCarron and Tinordi as a example? They are late first round pick. What you expect from them? They are still playing in the NHL. The player drafted above them are barely in the NHL.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad