IF Levshunov is available at #5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

take Levshunov?

• Yes take Levshunov and trade one of Reinbacher/Mailloux

• Yes take Levshunov and keep Reinbacher/Mailloux

• No, take Iginla or Catton (or another forward not named Demidov/Lindstrom)

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Lindstrom has kappo kakko written all over no thanks, ill stick to demigod or Iginla
How?

Examples of Habs drafting for need in the first round :
Galchenyuk, McCarron, Kotkaniemi, Mailloux, Poehling, Tinordi.

Examples of Habs apparently drafting with BPA in mind : Caufield, Guhle, Slaf, Sherbak, Hutson (not 1st round but clear bpa pick), Beaulieu.
Mailloux was BPA by far, what are you talking about?

Galchenyuk was projected as top 4 as well

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Lol....you dont take Reinbacher 5th overall with all those forwards available last draft and then the following draft take another D and trade Reinbacher.......thats just silly management.....Bergevin style.
And if Levshinov has the higher ceiling (which he does), and Reinbacher+ can fetch you a more proven young top 6 talent, you wouldn’t do it?

There’s a reason experts say to always take the BPA. Lev could be that franchise Dman that virtually all Cup winners possess.

Last edited:

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Of course you draft him.

Then you start the year, obviously someone gets injured upfront and Habs can’t score goals.

They slip in the standings and get LuCKy!!!

Win the lottery in 2025 and draft Michael Misa, James Hagens or whom ever.

Then, Montembault evolves into peak Price and the Habs win multiple cups in a row!!!

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I'm not sold on Mailloux as a top pairing dman....I do hope he proves me wrong on this.
6'3 220 lbs and was 3rd in scoring amongst AHL Dmen as a ROOKIE

what more convincing do you need? I actually think he has more potential than Reinbacher and Guhle

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
6'3 220 lbs and just lead the AHL in Dman scoring as a ROOKIE

what more convincing do you need? I actually think he has more potential than Reinbacher and Guhle
I don't watch AHL hockey but isn't the mark against him his defensive zone play and his poor reads?

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

He's got sky high potential for sure, but it's his defensive game that will ultimately decide how good a player he will be. He's never been very good defensively even at the CHL level, and on the one hand it's expected given how many games he's missed, but on the other hand we see lots of talented kids that just never really get better at that aspect of their game and end up journeyman or playing in Europe.

Reactions: amnesiac

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
you take the BPA and in that context, Iginla is not
That’s a very subjective take as nobody knows who the best player will be.

Who the player is now and who they’ll become is two very different things, you can’t just outright say Iginla is not the best choice at 5, especially if you’ve never interviewed, watched extensively or talked with the people in his surroundings or the other players in the draft!

We can all have our favourites and like certain players because of what we see and hope the player to become, we just don’t have all the data needed to have an objective opinion.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
How?

Mailloux was BPA by far, what are you talking about?

Galchenyuk was projected as top 4 as well
Mailloux had only played a handful of games at the junior level and was pretty flawed as a player. He was generally projected as a 2nd rounder.

Reactions: CanadienShark

Surfer72

Oct 18, 2018
Montreal seems potentially very deep in the defense and goalie positions, which takes longer to develop. Management has the assets with the backend depth, plus a number of draft picks to push the team build forward. I hope best player available is selected regardless of position. My impatience requests scoring depth though....

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
This draft is going to be a real turning point for the team. After blowing last year's draft and not taking Leonard/Michkov (settle down kids, settle down) I'm ok if they draft a D this year and move some players out of here.

Reactions: Runner77

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This draft is going to be a real turning point for the team. After blowing last year's draft and not taking Leonard/Michkov (settle down kids, settle down) I'm ok if they draft a D this year and move some players out of here.
They blew last year's draft? Too early to tell don't ya think?

• Haha
Reactions: jaffy27 and Naslund

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

He was top 3 in D scoring, but he lead neither in goals or points.

Reactions: jaffy27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad