Speculation: If Habs are out by trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
What Shea Weber should retire? He's only 31. Anyways with a healthy Price the Canadiens should have no worries about making the playoffs next year.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Hawks overpaid for Timonen, and it didn't work out, so i don't think that's the data-point other gm's will turn to. Markov gets maybe a 3rd.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
What kind of return Habs would get at the deadline for those players:

UFA to be :

Desharnais
Radulov
Markov

Players with 1 more year:

Plekanec
Emelin
Mitchell

If the Habs are out by the trade deadline I have to ask what happened to Carey Price?
Also who is your new coach and I guess maybe even the new GM will worry about these types of moves.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009

UFA to be :

Desharnais
Radulov
Markov

Plekanec
Emelin
Mitchell

DD - some team that misses out on blue chip deadline targets will get desperate and give up a 2nd or 3rd to add some scoring depth.

Radulov - depends on his season, but if he puts up legitimate top 6 numbers than I expect a similar return to Ladd. Good prospect and a 1st.

Markov - unless he loses a big step this year, he'll return a good prospect and a conditional pick of some kind.

Plekanec - worth a 1st and a prospect but won't get it with the expansion draft looming IMO. Won't be moved, and we don't necessarily have a #2 C ready to fill his role yet.

Emelin - probably worth a 2nd or a 3rd, but would likely be reduced to a 5th because of expansion. I expect he's who Montreal loses, so they will probably take what they can get.

Mitchell - 5th-7th depending on interest.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Rads will easily command a 1st during the TD. He's a beast in the playoffs and I can see him signing with the team he's dealt with. He's still only 30yo. Could get 4-6yrs*7M+.

Would love to see a line with Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Rads on the PP :yo:

Oleg Petrov

Jun 15, 2008
If the habs are out at the deadline and Carey Price is healthy, the following needs to be discussed:

- Who will be the GM hired for the re-build?
- Who will be the coach hired for the re-build?
- What team is the best suitor to acquire Carey Price with 1-year remaining on his contract?

Seriously, if they miss the playoffs this gets blown up in a big way.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

UFA to be :

Desharnais
Radulov
Markov

Plekanec
Emelin
Mitchell

None of that gets you much. Plek maybe lands a 2nd & 3rd picks, everything else even less.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Hey again.... Lets take a look at Montreals offence this year from the Blue line with no PK...

You say that like Subban left the club as an unrestricted free agent.

He was traded for a guy that scored 20 goals and 51 points ... from the blueline. What is causing this huge offensive drop off you are predicting?

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
You say that like Subban left the club as an unrestricted free agent.

He was traded for a guy that scored 20 goals and 51 points ... from the blueline. What is causing this huge offensive drop off you are predicting?

Its true, all they will lose, will be some playmaking and skating it out of the zone.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
If the habs are out at the deadline and Carey Price is healthy, the following needs to be discussed:

- Who will be the GM hired for the re-build?
- Who will be the coach hired for the re-build?
- What team is the best suitor to acquire Carey Price with 1-year remaining on his contract?

Seriously, if they miss the playoffs this gets blown up in a big way.

Correct as well

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Correct as well

This will be a stressful year for Bergevin.
The only way to justify trading Subban is if you can justify the move (or moves) have made you a better overall team. One capable of contending for the Cup.
Missing the playoffs would be devastating in light of that trade.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Markov even at his age seems to be able to give another good year to the habs (look at his offseason work and last season production). If the habs improve on their PP, Weber is a lot better than subban on that regard and the addition of mueller helps, you can see either Markov or Beaulieu get a spike on their overall production. It will most likely be Markov. So, in all, Markov prob gives u another season of 40-50 points as a 37 year old and easily fetches a 1rst round pick and a good prospect. He has the experience, the respect, hes a rental and past deadlines have been massive over payments.

As for plek, look at vermette and Erat for comparables, a 1rst round pick plus a good prospect starts the negotiations.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Markov even at his age seems to be able to give another good year to the habs (look at his offseason work and last season production). If the habs improve on their PP, Weber is a lot better than subban on that regard and the addition of mueller helps, you can see either Markov or Beaulieu get a spike on their overall production. It will most likely be Markov. So, in all, Markov prob gives u another season of 40-50 points as a 37 year old and easily fetches a 1rst round pick and a good prospect. He has the experience, the respect, hes a rental and past deadlines have been massive over payments.

As for plek, look at vermette and Erat for comparables, a 1rst round pick plus a good prospect starts the negotiations.

No GM is going to give a 1st rounder for a 37 year old.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Radulov and Pleks should fetch 1st's but teams are going to be very hesitant to move those picks.
I can see the Habs asking for a 1st(rightfully so) then when the teams balks play the nice guy and go for a D+1 prospect.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
No GM is going to give a 1st rounder for a 37 year old.

everyone said the same thing for almost every move at the TD. And you most likely dont watch montreal play and just look at his age and points production.
SO ur opinion means nothing if u just say 37 =/= 1rst round.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
A team looking to get over the cap floor the following season might take on Emelin for a 2nd, or late 1st.

To whoever
Emelin
2nd+

To Canadiens
Nothing

LOL at anyone suggesting Emelin, making 4.4M in 2017-2018 has any value. He's a negative value contract if there ever was one.

Plekanec, on the other hand, I could see getting decent value.

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
wow the season has not even started and already a what if the Habs fold again?

WHat if the Leafs all die in a plane crash?
What if the Pens go bust and sell the team to Quebec.
What if Price gets hurt again, Gally gets hurt again, Rad is a BUST, Weber breaks both his legs, and the rest get the ZIka virus and must be quarantined for 3 months. WHat would the habs do, how CHEAP will they be forced to sell of prospects. What would be the lowest low ball offer would you give for the Habs TOP PROSPECTS.

Excellent contribution.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad