Speculation: If Habs are out by trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
everyone said the same thing for almost every move at the TD. And you most likely dont watch montreal play and just look at his age and points production.
SO ur opinion means nothing if u just say 37 =/= 1rst round.

Please tell me any move that was made at the TD that mirrors what you're talking about. Markov has had a very solid career but he is on the decline, isn't he? There is no way a GM drops a first round AND a high prospect for a declining 37 year old defenseman. No chance. The only way I can see something like that happening is if it's for Doughty when hes 37 years old and is still playing decent for a team that is veeeery close to contention and just needs a little extra push.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
wow the season has not even started and already a what if the Habs fold again?

WHat if the Leafs all die in a plane crash?
What if the Pens go bust and sell the team to Quebec.
What if Price gets hurt again, Gally gets hurt again, Rad is a BUST, Weber breaks both his legs, and the rest get the ZIka virus and must be quarantined for 3 months. WHat would the habs do, how CHEAP will they be forced to sell of prospects. What would be the lowest low ball offer would you give for the Habs TOP PROSPECTS.

Yeah, I'm not even quite sure why this is a thread already.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
What kind of return Habs would get at the deadline for those players:

UFA to be :

Desharnais
Radulov
Markov

Players with 1 more year:

Plekanec
Emelin
Mitchell

DD- 3rd & a contract
Rad- 1st
Markov- 2nd & 4th

Plek- 2nd & b-prospect
Emelin- 2nd & 4th
Mitchell- 2019 7th or somesuch giveaway

I happen to think if Habs miss the playoffs again, MaxPac is gone as well. They chose him over Subban, he's already set up to be the scapegoat sacrifice.

MaxPac- '17 1st, '18 1st, cap dump & b-prospect

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
If the Flames are in the playoff race, would love for them to go after Markov. I think he and Hamilton would be good together as the second pairing.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Please tell me any move that was made at the TD that mirrors what you're talking about. Markov has had a very solid career but he is on the decline, isn't he? There is no way a GM drops a first round AND a high prospect for a declining 37 year old defenseman. No chance. The only way I can see something like that happening is if it's for Doughty when hes 37 years old and is still playing decent for a team that is veeeery close to contention and just needs a little extra push.

there have been many trades at the trade deadline suggesting markov can fetch a 1rst easily. Polak, Timonen, Murray, Russel, Liles. All overpayments for players none better than Markov. Dont look at his age and guess he is declining purely based on that. Stop looking like a fool. Yes, he is not the Markov of old, but he is the same Markov that came back from his injury in 2012. He's been very effective for the habs despite playing in front of scrivens/condon and a ravaged D corpse. He is still valued a lot by GMs, I guarantee u that.
Say the oilers are in playoff contention, an experienced, capable and respected veteran like markov would do wonders for that young D corpse heading into a playoff race.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
No GM is going to give a 1st rounder for a 37 year old.

When a General Manger trades for a pending Unrestricted Free Agent at the deadline, very rarely are they doing so in order to retain the player long term.

Most contending clubs - the teams that are acquiring pieces at the deadline - are usually operating with limited cap space and only fit in their acquisitions because the contracts are almost expired.

Very rarely are they even trying to retain the player beyond that spring so the age of the player is really irrelevant.

They are not interested in the age of the player but rather the need he addresses.

Markov is a veteran defensemen who is very capable defensively and has been among the best offensive defensemen in the league for several years.

Unless he slows down dramatically this year in terms of his abilities, his age at the deadline would be totally irrelevant.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. I think it's extremely unlikely the Canadiens would be sellers this spring.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
DD- 3rd & a contract
Rad- 1st
Markov- 2nd & 4th

Plek- 2nd & b-prospect
Emelin- 2nd & 4th
Mitchell- 2019 7th or somesuch giveaway

I happen to think if Habs miss the playoffs again, MaxPac is gone as well. They chose him over Subban, he's already set up to be the scapegoat sacrifice.

MaxPac- '17 1st, '18 1st, cap dump & b-prospect

pacs easily gets a roster player + A level prospect and a 1rst round pick. Habs wont accept 2 first round picks and a B prospect when they have so many of those and late first rounders can more than not become nothing. So it could well be pacs for nothing. Habs only trade him for a proven young player.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
If Habs are out by the TDL, they make no moves and fire Therrien and Bergevin as soon as season ends.
Then we do the dance of joy.

ZINFINITY16

Dec 29, 2013
Ontario
wow the season has not even started and already a what if the Habs fold again?

WHat if the Leafs all die in a plane crash?
What if the Pens go bust and sell the team to Quebec.
What if Price gets hurt again, Gally gets hurt again, Rad is a BUST, Weber breaks both his legs, and the rest get the ZIka virus and must be quarantined for 3 months. WHat would the habs do, how CHEAP will they be forced to sell of prospects. What would be the lowest low ball offer would you give for the Habs TOP PROSPECTS.

man calm down lmao you were the 4th post (!!) in the thread no need to freak out, it's a discussion board and he's asking a question

NewtJorden

For Light and Life
Aug 9, 2006
Rimouski
I think the time to trade Markov has pass. They should have traded him a few seasons ago when they could have got something good in return.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
I think the time to trade Markov has pass. They should have traded him a few seasons ago when they could have got something good in return.

Habs have been trying to win playoffs rounds in the last few years. They should have not traded an important core piece for future back then.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
haha. You know what, i almost did.

In my mind, i'm not sure Price can be healthy all year long. I'm pretty sure it is a recurent problem that will handicaps his career.

And obviously, if Price can't come back to form, it spells complete rebuild for the Habs IMO.

Price won't be resigned, Habs will need to find a decent no.1 goaltender thru UFA and draft well.

Are you Price's doctor? Or his agent? Such knowledge

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Are you Price's doctor? Or his agent? Such knowledge

You need to learn reading better man.

I said i'm not sure he can be healthy all season long. Even doctors can't say so. Stating he will have a healthy knee all season long is pure speculation and ignoring there is chance his injury comes back is pure fantasy.

As for the Price won't be resigned. Do you really think Habs will give him 10M$ per after missing a lot of time for two seasons?? You need to read between the lines.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
You need to learn reading better man.

I said i'm not sure he can be healthy all season long. Even doctors can't say so. Stating he will have a healthy knee all season long is pure speculation and ignoring there is chance his injury comes back is pure fantasy.

As for the Price won't be resigned. Do you really think Habs will give him 10M$ per after missing a lot of time for two seasons?? You need to read between the lines.

You know price and waite along with doctors has stated price is 100%. He himself even stated that he is in the best shape of his life for this season.

So ill take there words for it.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
You know price and waite along with doctors has stated price is 100%. He himself even stated that he is in the best shape of his life for this season.

So ill take there words for it.

To be fair, they have to tell you that he's 100% and in the best shape of his life, otherwise they would create a chaos. Still, I do believe he's 100%.. but to believe on the sole purpose that they said it, it is quite naive (not trying to disrespect you btw)

On the other part, you bet Habs will resign Price at 10M, he's the one holding the castle together. Bergevin will give him a blank cheque and tell him : write what you want on it''. If Price's leaving, this is going to be his decision, not Habs' one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad