I kinda like kerfoot.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Right now I like what he offers on the third line more than what Kadri offered. People forget that yeah Kadri could be feisty, but he offered none of that last year.

As for Kerfoot, he’s the most penalized Leaf with 8 minors in 16 games and that has to change. In the entire league only 5 players had more minors. The opponents have scored 3 goals the last 3 penalties he’s had and 4 overall. During the game time thread I asked if he was “stupid” for taking so many penalties, his response yesterday was “just stupid penalties” lol. I’m sure he’ll get better though. I like him.

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
He’s been good, suited for a third line role. He isn’t better than Kadri, with the caveat Naz wasn’t used to full capacity with JT and Matthews.

Thank god he’s been good because Barrie has been pure ass all season so far.
don't get me wrong I love JT, but with Kadri being a competent 2nd line center on a great contract was signing JT the smartest move to make considering the known up coming cap implications? I still want one of the 3 kids to be traded for D and a winger with bite, then acquiring JT would make sense.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I like Kerfoot as well.
Seems like a low maintenance type of player, Coaches love those guys.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
don't get me wrong I love JT, but with Kadri being a competent 2nd line center on a great contract was signing JT the smartest move to make considering the known up coming cap implications? I still want one of the 3 kids to be traded for D and a winger with bite, then acquiring JT would make sense.
I feel the same, we did not need JT, could have been complete different team now.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I've liked everything other than a lack of discipline. He's feistier than I expected, as fast as advertised, and seems to be responding well to becoming a full-time C. Looks like a pretty nice long-term 3C.

Speaking of lack of discipline, Naz has 26 penalty minutes (10 more than Kerfoot) in one less game.

Outside of Kadri's occasional edgy game, which has been becoming much less common over the past few years, I'm liking Kerfoot much more.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Speaking of lack of discipline, Naz has 26 penalty minutes (10 more than Kerfoot) in one less game.

Outside of Kadri's occasional edgy game, which has been becoming much less common over the past few years, I'm liking Kerfoot much more.
No argument there. My biggest gripe with Kerfoot is the nature of his penalties at the moment, often away from the play or the "Babcock favourite" stick penalty. He was quoted in saying he needs to clean it up, and it shouldn't be a difficult fix. I'm very very pleased with him.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Hes been better then I thought he was going to be so that's a positive. Seems to be a good fit for the 3rd line role.

Barrie has been worse then I expected so I'm still not a big fan of this trade but at leas kerfoot is pulling his weight.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
He is terrible and should look to be moved. Too many penalties, undersized, low IQ, does not understand situational hockey.

I have no axe to grind against Kerfoot. I watched every game of the SJ Colorado series last year and my takeaway was that Kerfoot was the worst player on either team. I could not believe what a scrub this guy was. Sure enough Dubas was waiting with open arms to take Sakics’ trash. Even worse, Dubas doubled down on his mistake by extending him.

He is a massive downgrade from Kadri and is just another player who is not hard to play against. He is the 2nd coming of David Desharnais, except with an even lower hockey IQ. Brian Boyle could’ve been signed for nothing and beings much more to the table, than this scrub.

If you actually look at their numbers Kerfoot has been getting less OZone starts yet has much better possession stats, has about the same amount of hits, points, goals and PP points in spite of the fact Kadri plays PP1 with MacKinnon and Makar. Kadri pretty much is better on the dot and in taking more penalties, which apparently is a concern of yours anyway.

It's also worth noting Kadri has an even rating and been on ice for more goals against than Kerfoot who's a +5 even though Colorado has been a much better team to start.

This may help explain why there is 37 likes on a post basically calling you an uninformed moron, with 0 legit liking what you had to say.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
If you actually look at their numbers Kerfoot has been getting less OZone starts yet has much better possession stats, has about the same amount of hits, points, goals and PP points in spite of the fact Kadri plays PP1 with MacKinnon and Makar. Kadri pretty much is better on the dot and in taking more penalties, which apparently is a concern of yours anyway.

It's also worth noting Kadri has an even rating and been on ice for more goals against than Kerfoot who's a +5 even though Colorado has been a much better team to start.

This may help explain why there is 37 likes on a post basically calling you an uninformed moron, with 0 legit liking what you had to say.
If you think Kerfoot is the better player than good for you whatever makes you sleep at night bro

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Barrie has been really bad. I thought he'd do really well here but something seems off. In Denver he would skate the puck out and make passes like we see Rielly do and Gardiner before. It's a gamble but that's what they're good at. I'm wondering if Babcock is neutering Barrie like he did with Rielly years ago. I don't know how many people here remember but Rielly played a completely different game just a few years ago. He'd get the puck in the corner with time and just chip it up the boards. Total waste of his talent. I feel like Barrie is doing the same now.

I suspect you may be right. As is the case with some of our other skilled players, they are not necessarily being utilized to their strengths under Babcock's tutelage.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
If you think Kerfoot is the better player than good for you whatever makes you sleep at night bro
I think that 16 games is not a true indicator on assessing if either or all players are better , worse or more valuable to any team when players are traded . You certainly have to give it at least a season and see how those players impact their teams at the end of the year and how they fit into the structure of each team as well .

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Kerfoot is a speedy skater with decent hands who plays with some grit and edge as he is used to being shoved by the larger westcoast boys.

His speed and edges are the reason why I think hes been a major impact thus far as compared to Barrie. Hes as fast and agile as an Atlantic team skater, but hes facing less heavy bruisers, and skating with some of the Leafs fastest skaters. Guy shook off that hit last night and scored ffs. No need for head hunting either * Kadri*

Barrie is fast and agile dont get me wrong, but I think hes adjusting to how fast his support blows the zone, which is due to systems more than anything.

Kerfoot less offensive Talent as Kadri.
But calmness in his Grit, and fight for the puck, and has been scoring at pace during our teams toughest moments.

Kerfoot is a winner.

Reactions: Eye Test

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I think that 16 games is not a true indicator on assessing if either or all players are better , worse or more valuable to any team when players are traded . You certainly have to give it at least a season and see how those players impact their teams at the end of the year and how they fit into the structure of each team as well .
I agree, but common Kerfoot is a good fit for our 3rd line so far and that is his ceiling

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Kerfoot can’t play up in the lineup. You are better off playing Spezza on the 2nd line than David Desharnais JR.

Kerfoot is the definition of a liability. Dubas would’ve been the only GM to want Kerfoot. No GM would’ve traded for him after his pathetic playoffs last year. Playing scared, and showing his lack of IQ at every opportunity. He is a fringe NHL player and gets exposed against real teams unlike Kadri.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Kerfoot can’t play up in the lineup. You are better off playing Spezza on the 2nd line than David Desharnais JR.

Kerfoot is the definition of a liability. Dubas would’ve been the only GM to want Kerfoot. No GM would’ve traded for him after his pathetic playoffs last year. Playing scared, and showing his lack of IQ at every opportunity. He is a fringe NHL player and gets exposed against real teams unlike Kadri.
Well at least Kerfoot actually participated in the playoffs.

Reactions: Boutette

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
He is terrible and should look to be moved. Too many penalties, undersized, low IQ, does not understand situational hockey.

I have no axe to grind against Kerfoot. I watched every game of the SJ Colorado series last year and my takeaway was that Kerfoot was the worst player on either team. I could not believe what a scrub this guy was. Sure enough Dubas was waiting with open arms to take Sakics’ trash. Even worse, Dubas doubled down on his mistake by extending him.

He is a massive downgrade from Kadri and is just another player who is not hard to play against. He is the 2nd coming of David Desharnais, except with an even lower hockey IQ. Brian Boyle could’ve been signed for nothing and beings much more to the table, than this scrub.

He brings as much to the Leafs as you do to these boards, absolutely nothing.

GrizzGreen

Oct 16, 2017
Laguna

Gotta respect the double down here. Kadri is on a great contract for what he is but burying a 4.5M contract on the 3rd line in a shutdown role where he's not flourishing offensively like he did until 2018 isn't great utilization.

Seems like your time would be better spent complaining about Bab's incorrect usage of Barrie.

Edit: Better flowing English

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
As opposed to Kadri who doesn't eat nor sleep if you catch my drift

Barrie has not been bringing any offense, hes more sterile than gardiner but i havent seen the mistakes as much

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014

Kerfoot actually has the same amount of minor penalties as Kadri (8 minors), but Kadri also has two major penalties.

IMO, Leaf fans seem to want a guy who can fight and play with edge so Kadri makes sense. His play against Pavelski to rip off his helmet and toss it when Pavelski ran over their goalie, seems to be the type of play lot of fans on here have been whining about.

Don't get me wrong, I love this trade. Kerfoot is a young, fast and skilled C who's going to keep getting better, while Barrie is a fantastic RHD (not showing it right now, but he will soon).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad