I am guaranteeing the Leafs make it past the first round this year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I would like to make a guarantee that a NHL club will win the Stanley Cup this year. Heck, I will even go further and guarantee that a playoffs team will win the Cup this year. My last guarantee might be a bit sexist to some but I guarantee that a MAN will win the Conn Smythe this year.
My absolute last guarantee, the winning team will be getting the Cup on ICE.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Terrific!

That guarantee and a two dollars will buy you a cup of coffee. Five dollars if you're going to Starbucks.

This morning, the six top teams in the National Hockey League are all in the Eastern Conference. I guarantee that at least two of those top six teams will be eliminated in the first round; and that at least four of those top six teams will be eliminated by the end of the second round.

The problem is, I really wouldn't know which teams will be eliminated in which rounds; and I really haven't a clue as to whether the Leafs will be eliminated in the first round of the playoffs, win the Stanley Cup, or finish somewhere in between.

My hope is that the Leafs win the Stanley Cup. My expectation is that they don't win the Stanley Cup, they don't lose in the first round, and they will finish somewhere in between.

If I already knew the results I probably wouldn't bother watching, but I look forward to watching every game – as long as it lasts – with bated breath and hope.

Even if the Leafs lose in the first round, they have still had a winning season.

Go Leafs Go!

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
start with banning the guy who posted on the MB about a simple hattrick by ROR.

much more embarrassing than the OP for this thread.

It's not just that he posted about a hat trick, but the post began "I can't believe there isn't already a thread about this?"

I was like.... Oh boy...

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Everybody wants to see the team advance past the first round.

But after nine years of the Shanaplan, is one single first round victory enough?

My biggest fear as a fan is that the team will win the first round before going out in the second, and ownership feels this is enough to bring back everyone again.

Same team, same problems, same results.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
start with banning the guy who posted on the MB about a simple hattrick by ROR.

much more embarrassing than the OP for this thread.
What's wrong with the ROR thread? The OP didn't say anything about the Leafs winning the trade, winning the cup etc. He even said jury is out on how he performs the rest of the season, just thought it was cool he has some early success

It was one of the biggest TDL acquisitions of the season scoring a hat trick on his new team 3 games in. That's pretty noteworthy, had it happened for Horvat or Tarasenko it would also be worthy of a thread. We don't have to embarrassed about good news

kb

Aug 28, 2009
What's wrong with the ROR thread? The OP didn't say anything about the Leafs winning the trade, winning the cup etc. He even said jury is out on how he performs the rest of the season, just thought it was cool he has some early success

It was one of the biggest TDL acquisitions of the season scoring a hat trick on his new team 3 games in. That's pretty noteworthy, had it happened for Horvat or Tarasenko it would also be worthy of a thread. We don't have to embarrassed about good news
Because the most important thing for these posters is that Dubas looks bad at every turn, and that thread goes against it - so they don't want to see it.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

I think every possible Leaf related item should be posted on the main board as well as any Trade Proposal that pops into someone's head.
Feed the rest of the leagues obsession.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
It's not just that he posted about a hat trick, but the post began "I can't believe there isn't already a thread about this?"

I was like.... Oh boy...
of course.
it's why our fanbase is so respected.

Because the most important thing for these posters is that Dubas looks bad at every turn, and that thread goes against it - so they don't want to see it.
no one needs to make Dubas look bad....he is VERY good at doing that all by himself.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Pessimism is generally the name of the game around here.

But it's also fairly objective to point out: the Leafs took Tampa to game 7 last year, and at this point the Leafs are a stronger team compared to last season after the ROR trade.....
Its not a talent issue with the Leafs. Hasnt been for years now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad