Waived: Husso on waivers

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
I’ve heard Darren McCarty on his show talk about Yzerman’s hatred for goalies in general lol. “He has no use for them”. I think the bottom line from Yzerman is stop the damn puck.

It's hard for me to believe the GM who drafted Vasilevsky and watched him on his team for most of his career hates goalies and "has no use for them."

Reactions: Oddbob and Gniwder

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
It's hard for me to believe the GM who drafted Vasilevsky and watched him on his team for most of his career hates goalies and "has no use for them."
Steve won his cups as a player because his goalies had amazing defensemen in front of them. That's not to take away from Vernon and Osgood, because Vernon did get the Conn Smythe. That said, Lidstrom, Konstantinov, Murphy, and Fetisov make any goalie's job much easier. Hasek is really the only generational goalie this team has had since Sawchuck, at least in my lifetime.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Gylander and Alexander are in Toledo based on their roster.

Campbell is on PAP and Subban is on GR PTO. So GR has a roster spot if Husso clears. I doubt he gets loaned to Europe, because it would be harder to recall him if a goalie gets injured.

Oh no...we might not get to see Husso in a Wings uniform again...how terrible...

• Haha
Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Yeah he hates them so much he drafted Cossa and Gus, 1st and 2nd round.

I wish Stevie would hate me too.

Oh no...we might not get to see Husso in a Wings uniform again...how terrible...
Husso doesn't bother me if he's sitting on the bench. The team has to dress 2, only one has to play.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
In my uneducated opinion, watching a game with Husso in net is the same as with Reimer in net. Husso looks fine technically but can't get in the way of a puck by accident if you paid him to. Which, in fact, they do. Reimer is the Bizarro Hasek who flails and swims and misses most everything important somehow.

I don't know from numbers, but watching them in net, as a fan, gives me the vapors. Clone Lyon and switch them out game per game, and I won't have any "Did you SEE that?!?!?" goalie memories, but I won't have any nightmares either.

If Talbot can succeed behind the Wings' D and switch off with Lyon Eyes for combined .9+ numbers? Color me satisfied.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Reimer gets a lot of hate for a goalie with a .910 save % over 500 games in his career which is quite good.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Reimer gets a lot of hate for a goalie with a .910 save % over 500 games in his career which is quite good.
I watched the games, the most swimming from a goalie I have ever seen. You cannot talk me into him being a good goalie.

giphy.webp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad