Waived: Husso on waivers

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
They are nicer than I would have been in terms of starting him game 1 before they did this.

I probably would have waived him last year, the dude sucks.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
When is the last time we had a player placed on waivers that got claimed? I can't even remember, does anyone know? Don't expect it...

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Husso has struggled for a long time. He allows a semi soft or soft goal every game. Last game it was maybe 1 soft and 2 semi softies. I am a bit surprised they made up their mind after one game.
I don't think he is a bad goalkeeper, but he simply can't find his game with us.
I kind of think Lalonde is a bigger weakness than Husso, but the time will show.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
I know this must mean I'm part of the Yzercult, but... I'm confused. People are upset because Yzerman waived a player who's underperforming when he may have found a better replacement in Talbot?

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
When is the last time we had a player placed on waivers that got claimed? I can't even remember, does anyone know? Don't expect it...
Last one was Gemel Smith in February of 2022, exactly one month after the Wings themselves claimed him off waivers.

The only other player we waived who got claimed during Yzerman’s tenure was Eric Comrie in December of 2019.

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
o3jTBP.gif

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I know this must mean I'm part of the Yzercult, but... I'm confused. People are upset because Yzerman waived a player who's underperforming when he may have found a better replacement in Talbot?
I mean you know you are... ;) Asking yourself a rhetorical question is great from people that don't actually like to hear why it's dumb to keep Husso a whole summer to waive after 1 start. Hell allowing him the preseason even tricked me, the benefit might have been next to none after signing Talbot anyways if he wasn't significantly better than Lyon/Talbot.

Its almost like watching the same posters praising Gustavsson's defense all summer long over Gostisbehere's to watch him get benched by the coach in literally a game... Now, it's early, books still out, but anyone that didn't like the Gustavsson over Gostisbehere signing now have some water weight in their buckets.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad