OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLIV: The Previous Thread Has Been Cancelled

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
True, but there are many female sun/day goddesses as well. Norse mythology has Sol, Greek has Eos, Japanese has Amaterasu. And then take into account many mythologies have deities that can switch genders on a whim. So if he wants to f*** the sun, that's between him and whichever mythology he chooses to follow.
See thats the problem with the younger generation, you can't just "pick" which ever one you want to follow.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Helios, a male. His sister Eos was the dawn specifically.

Well, Dawn or Day. She brings the dawn, but in some writings, she stays with her brother throughout the day. And specifically in the Odyssey, Athena asks Eos to prevent the new day from starting to allow Odysseus more time to spend with his wife Penelope.

See thats the problem with the younger generation, you can't just "pick" which ever one you want to follow.

I have no idea if you're referring to religion or sexuality, but in both regards, you're way off, so...

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Sex with the sun? That's hot!

1720284546963.png

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Well, Dawn or Day. She brings the dawn, but in some writings, she stays with her brother throughout the day. And specifically in the Odyssey, Athena asks Eos to prevent the new day from starting to allow Odysseus more time to spend with his wife Penelope.

I have no idea if you're referring to religion or sexuality, but in both regards, you're way off, so...
To be fair Loki as the most famous intersex pagan god representative hasn’t exactly helped their image.

Still less of a whore than Zeus.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Loki rightly catches shit for his move, but no one mentions Thor dressing up as a woman to marry a Frost Giant
When Loki transformed himself into a mare to get himself f***ed by a stallion, there's not much air left for "oh yeah, but... but... didn't you dress up as a woman... to get Mjörner... back"

("Things Disney didn't tell you" for $500, Alex)

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
When Loki transformed himself into a mare to get himself f***ed by a stallion, there's not much air left for "oh yeah, but... but... didn't you dress up as a woman... to get Mjörner... back"

I dunno, I think Zeus turning himself into a "golden shower" takes the cake. At least Loki transformed into a mare for a good reason, and Sleipnir was useful to Odin. Zeus' golden shower was to get to a woman trapped in a tower. Definitely no easier way to gain access there.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
I did get a good laugh during the first season of Loki when they alluded to him having relations that were not always strictly straight (and i assume lights off, missionary) and certain folks got mad about it. Like, y'all are not prepared for non-disney Loki at all.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I know we jumped into a little bit of discussion on what the coding to get someone out of the matrix would be.

Thinking about another classic movie, Back to the Future.

When Marty went back to 1955, he forever changed the timeline for that Marty. Outside of what they did to Biff, the Twin Pines Mall became the Lone Pine Mall when he ran over the tree outside of the Peabody house / farm.

So back to the future 2, Biff now changes the timeline again, and it will never be the same again either after they traveled back to change what Biff changed.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Loki rightly catches shit for his move, but no one mentions Thor dressing up as a woman to marry a Frost Giant
To be fair that’s actually pity, because it shows he’s got some brains, not just brawn. .

Two of his three kids he had as a male with Angrboda are apocalypse beasts, I’d say Sleipnir… is a good outcome.
I believe Vishnu and Shiva switched sex at times too. Though Loki does win with changing into a mare
I won’t lie, Hindu mythology isn’t my strongest point. But single Google search confirms Vishnu shapeshifted/transform/became a eoman in one story at least.
I dunno, I think Zeus turning himself into a "golden shower" takes the cake. At least Loki transformed into a mare for a good reason, and Sleipnir was useful to Odin. Zeus' golden shower was to get to a woman trapped in a tower. Definitely no easier way to gain access there.
Golden shower isn’t a term in Greek.
And by Zeus’ incredibly low standards, this is fairly non-violent way of insemination
Catching up on this thread NEVER disappoints.
Ya welcome.
What the f*** am I stepping into here?
Whatever it is, better not wear your Sunday shoes.
Queer theory and mythology, 101
Just say mythology.
grandpasimpsonwalksinwalksout.gif
COWARD.
I know a few people with that major.....think they're still paying back their student loans.
Good thing I learned this stuff in free time through Age of Mythology and some boooks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lempo

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Just say mythology.

I don't know... this wikipedia article is constructed hilariously:

Celtic
"Celtic mythology has no known stories of gay or lesbian relationships nor LGBT characters."

Greek [and Roman]
Hold my ouzo.

[gasp of breath]

Orpheus and the Thracians[164]
Orpheus and Kalais[164]
Pan and Daphnis[159]
Paris and Antheus[181][158]
Polyphemus and Silenus[182]
Poseidon and Nerites[162]
Poseidon and Pelops[146]
Polyeidos and Glaucus[183]
Rhadamanthus and Talos[163]
Sarpedon and Atymnius[176]
Sarpedon and Miletus[178]
Silvanus and Cyparissus[184]
Tantalus and Ganymede[185][186]
Thamyris and Hyacinthus[187]
Theseus and Pirithous[188][189]
Zephyrus and Cyparissus[173]
Zephyrus and Hyacinthus[187]
Zeus and Aëtos[190]
Zeus (Artemis) and Callisto[191]
Zeus and Euphorion
Zeus and Ganymede[5]

And that excludes the weird stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: DaveG and cptjeff

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I don't know... this wikipedia article is constructed hilariously:

Celtic
"Celtic mythology has no known stories of gay or lesbian relationships nor LGBT characters."

Greek [and Roman]
Hold my ouzo.

[gasp of breath]

Orpheus and the Thracians[164]
Orpheus and Kalais[164]
Pan and Daphnis[159]
Paris and Antheus[181][158]
Polyphemus and Silenus[182]
Poseidon and Nerites[162]
Poseidon and Pelops[146]
Polyeidos and Glaucus[183]
Rhadamanthus and Talos[163]
Sarpedon and Atymnius[176]
Sarpedon and Miletus[178]
Silvanus and Cyparissus[184]
Tantalus and Ganymede[185][186]
Thamyris and Hyacinthus[187]
Theseus and Pirithous[188][189]
Zephyrus and Cyparissus[173]
Zephyrus and Hyacinthus[187]
Zeus and Aëtos[190]
Zeus (Artemis) and Callisto[191]
Zeus and Euphorion
Zeus and Ganymede[5]

And that excludes the weird stuff.
Eh… not sure if some stories and more importantly interpreations with Cú Chulainn aren’t new and made up.

He kills his best pal (and according to huge chunk of internet also a lover) by chucking a spear in his anus. (It makes sense combatwise though because he had super durable skin)

However, I was mostly alluding to the facr that mythology tends to cover many aspects of life. Including well … that people have consensual sex and non-consensusl sex under different circumstances and very weird (not only) sexual fantasies.

One thing that annoys me was Ancient Greek’s obsession with
male vore

Last edited:
Reactions: Lempo

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Golden shower isn’t a term in Greek.
And by Zeus’ incredibly low standards, this is fairly non-violent way of insemination

Oh, I know. It was originally thought to be a commentary on the lack of wealth and rain in Argos. In layman's terms, basically Acrisius sold his daughter to be impregnated, likely against her will. And probably to a wealthy individual and not Zeus.

But its way funnier to say Zeus transformed into a rain cloud and impregnated her through a golden rain/shower.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad