OT: Totally Legal Music Sharing Thread sponsored by Napster

jaster

Future Inconsiderations
Jun 8, 2007
My wife is very vocally proudly bi and latched onto her immediately. So I'm a bit Chappell Roan'd out to be quite honest. Super catchy tunes though, woman has talent.
Right on. Sorry to hear you're tapped out! It's still new to me, so I've got Pink Pony Club on repeat :laugh:

I'm also one who, in my younger days, kind of despised most pop music. Avoided it. Shunned it. Then something clicked with me when I heard Matt and Kim way back in the day and now I'm in full-embrace mode :help:

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
How did I just discover this part of the Wings forum?

Any heavy metal fans? My main genre I listen to.

Although I do love a very few select modern "country" musicians and alot of older ones. Mainly Sturgill Simpson these days.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
How did I just discover this part of the Wings forum?

Any heavy metal fans? My main genre I listen to.

Although I do love a very few select modern "country" musicians and alot of older ones. Mainly Sturgill Simpson these days.
Depends entirely on the metal. Being a proponent of modern "country" makes me leery of the flavor you're referring to...

• Haha
Reactions: saska sault

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Depends entirely on the metal. Being a proponent of modern "country" makes me leery of the flavor you're referring to...

If it's on the radio, I've never heard if that's helps. Most of my country tastes comes from growing up listening to Willie and Waylon and the boys. Hence the country in quotations... it's mostly pop AI sounding shiet these days.

Mainly stuff like Trivium, Tremonti, Alice In Chains, Alter Bridge, Avenged Sevenfold, on a big Mastodon kick lately.

Last edited:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
If it's on the radio, I've never heard if if that's helps. Most of my country tastes comes from growing up listening to Willie and Waylon and the boys.

Mainly stuff like Trivium, Tremonti, Alice In Chains, Alter Bridge, Avenged Sevenfold, on a big Mastodon kick lately.
I'm a fan of Alice in Chains and Mastodon. If you want to go really heavy there is a spin-off from Mastodon. On nearly every Mastodon album is a track with Scott Kelly on vocals. Scott Kelly used to be in the band Neurosis (until it came to light he was a POS and the band essentially folded.) Neurosis formed in '85 as a punk group but quickly just got heavier and heavier over the years. Neurosis and Isis (another now dead band) I've had running on a loop for years now.

Reactions: saska sault

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Right on. Sorry to hear you're tapped out! It's still new to me, so I've got Pink Pony Club on repeat :laugh:

I'm also one who, in my younger days, kind of despised most pop music. Avoided it. Shunned it. Then something clicked with me when I heard Matt and Kim way back in the day and now I'm in full-embrace mode :help:
Similar story for me, pop wasn't something that was listened to in my high school friends group so I hated it. Wasn't Matt and Kim, but Lily Allen for me that made realize I was missing out.

Now my spotify playlists are all over the place. I'll go from Every Time I Die to Lady Gaga to Run the Jewels. If its good, its good.

jaster

Future Inconsiderations
Jun 8, 2007
Similar story for me, pop wasn't something that was listened to in my high school friends group so I hated it. Wasn't Matt and Kim, but Lily Allen for me that made realize I was missing out.

Now my spotify playlists are all over the place. I'll go from Every Time I Die to Lady Gaga to Run the Jewels. If its good, its good.
Oh jeez, you've jogged my memory, it was Lily Allen for me too. In fact, I first heard her when I was deployed. The little TV we had in our tent got like 5 stations, and one was the British MTV channel. Smile and LDN had just released in Britain and were getting a bunch of play and I was definitely into it. Then I got home and she didn't catch on in the states for a couple months at least. I remember thinking she was just a star in Britain and didn't make it in the US, and I'd have to search out her music, and then.... bam, she arrived, and I wanted a shirt that said, "I was listening to Lily Allen before you" haha.

I'm with ya though, I'm all over the place now with Spotify, it's great.

Reactions: Electric Eric

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY

You ever heard of Laurel? I think she's great. DOGVIOLET is my favorite album of hers, came out back in 2018. She's leaned hard into pop since then. Check her out. I think she's great and she hasn't quite blown up yet.

jaster

Future Inconsiderations
Jun 8, 2007
You ever heard of Laurel? I think she's great. DOGVIOLET is my favorite album of hers, came out back in 2018. She's leaned hard into pop since then. Check her out. I think she's great and she hasn't quite blown up yet.
Nice, thanks, will definitely check her out. Added to Spotify favs. Taking a 7-hour road trip on Saturday, so plenty of opportunity.

Reactions: Ricelund

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
Any interest in any of yall checking out my band? We're on all streaming platforms! Although I suppose I lose my anonymity that way 😂

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad