OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLIV: The Previous Thread Has Been Cancelled

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I was reading an interesting nutritional study comparing the nutrient content of apples farmed over 30 years ago to now.

Short version was you'd have to eat a lot of apples today to get what you got from one's a generation or two ago.
Albemarle Cider Works on 29 in between Lovingston and Charlottesville apparently raises over 100 (maybe more) heirloom strains of apples.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I was reading an interesting nutritional study comparing the nutrient content of apples farmed over 30 years ago to now.

Short version was you'd have to eat a lot of apples today to get what you got from one's a generation or two ago.

So what you're saying is that our tools against keeping doctor's away are becoming less and less effective. This is concerning news. We'll soon need to find something new to use to fight this threat.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Earlier in the week Russia forgot to pay the bill on a bunch of ChatGPT bots and people realized that the bots would respond to commands. So yeah, basically what you said.

1719078023994.png

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm am no climate change denier, but the ferocity of the "extreme heat" shouters has me chuckling a little. First of all, "feels like" temperature readings/statements are just plain bullshit. Guess what, it's f***ing hot. You know why, it's f***ing Summer.
That Twitter graphic was June 19, so technically, it was still f***ing Spring at the time it was tweeted. :razz:

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Oof Apple looks to be pulling the plug on their Raleigh campus

Triangle property speculators everywhere are crying in their drinks today.

Reactions: DaveG

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Triangle property speculators everywhere are crying in their drinks today.
To be fair the more I read about it the more it sounds like they're just going to pause the construction of a new campus and just look to purchase one of the vacant ones that are already here, and renovate it to their standards.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
To be fair the more I read about it the more it sounds like they're just going to pause the construction of a new campus and just look to purchase one of the vacant ones that are already here, and renovate it to their standards.
That seems practical, and dare I say it, even responsible!

Are you sure we're talking about a tech company here?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
How hot is it still? Dad tells me 90s all about? No wanna.
View attachment 888608 View attachment 888609
Ireland has been a misty, cool dream. So gorgeous and full of lovely people. Highly recommend a visit to Killarney, the Cliffs and Connemara. Gonna try to close it out with T Swift in Dublin tomorrow evening.
high 80s in Winston today which... actually this is nice, happy birthday to me as far as that goes.

On another note, I definitely successfully met and exceeded my goal from last year. At the start of college football season I weighed in at 235 and wanted to be under 200 by the time I hit 43.

Weighed in this morning at 186.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
high 80s in Winston today which... actually this is nice, happy birthday to me as far as that goes.

On another note, I definitely successfully met and exceeded my goal from last year. At the start of college football season I weighed in at 235 and wanted to be under 200 by the time I hit 43.

Weighed in this morning at 186.
Happy birthday, Dave! Glad to see you crushed that goal you set!

I hope 43 doesn't hit back though!😂

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I think this year is going to be more about maintaining in the 180s range and getting the BF% lower (about 14.5 now so pretty good anyway) since I'm not going all out like I'm trying to wrestle Shute at 168.
Shute was a bad ass. I’ll never forget the first time I saw that scene with him doing the stadium steps with that log over his shoulders. “Wait, he’s a high school athlete….so am I…..am I supposed to be able to do that?!”.

No shit talking. Just the real deal. He gunna beat yo ass.

He was probably 30 but it was the 80’s and I was a kid.

Happy bday!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad