Hughes Brothers on the NHL 25 Cover.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
2014 was the last good one. The switch to next-gen at the time was poorly executed and the series took a nosedive and was never able to fully recover.

I do blame ultimate team above all else, a game mode designed to print money. Most sports games with ultimate team have gone down the toilet, for obvious reasons.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I do get a laugh how somebody still hypes up a cover athlete, it makes zero difference on the actual product.

Like usual EA will publish some half-assed effort and focus on HUT, because that's where the money is. Kids and whales buying packs. Why bother putting in an effort when the money will flow regardless, clearly EA doesn't and neither should the consumers.

Ultimate team killed sports games, it's been downhill ever since the idea was put into practise.
Sure but why blame ea? its literally free money on the back of people giving them money for virtual cards lmao. Blame ea not the consumer!! Listen Ive been playing the game for like 20 years and yes HUT ruined the game but the consumers buy it and make it viable for them to only concentrate on that.

Especially the younger generation of kids that play games , they have been raised thinking its normal to pay money in a game even after paying full price for it , whether that be dlc , packs , skins. They simply buy it and EA profits , id do the exact same thing in their shoes and simply farm free money on these kids parents , its literally so easy

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Sure but why blame ea? its literally free money on the back of people giving them money for virtual cards lmao. Blame ea not the consumer!! Listen Ive been playing the game for like 20 years and yes HUT ruined the game but the consumers buy it and make it viable for them to only concentrate on that.

Especially the younger generation of kids that play games , they have been raised thinking its normal to pay money in a game even after paying full price for it , whether that be dlc , packs , skins. They simply buy it and EA profits , id do the exact same thing in their shoes and simply farm free money on these kids parents , its literally so easy
Sure a bunch of the blame is on the consumers who feed EA with endless microtransaction money. However, that doesn't get EA off the hook. They used to have some standards, but don't give a rats ass on the quality of their products anymore. They publish this garbage and should be called out for it.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Sure a bunch of the blame is on the consumers who feed EA with endless microtransaction money. However, that doesn't get EA off the hook. They used to have some standards, but don't give a rats ass on the quality of their products anymore. They publish this garbage and should be called out for it.
I agree and understand but money talks man we live in a capitalistic society , almost every major sports company does this. Look up the money EA makes on FIFA , crazy stuff

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I agree and understand but money talks man we live in a capitalistic society , almost every major sports company does this. Look up the money EA makes on FIFA , crazy stuff
The microtransaction money they get every year from ultimate team is in the billions. EA FC (formerly known as FIFA) especially is a juggernaut cash cow.

It's really unfortunate that all the people, kids mostly, that use microtransactions are ruining the gaming experience for others. It is what it is.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I can't remember the last time I owned a physical copy of a game to even care about the cover. As much as I have not been a big fan of the last number of NHL titles, I thought NHL 24 was awful and one of the worst I have played in years. I think I got tired of that game in a matter of weeks. I usually get a few decent months out of it at least. Stupid X-factor and pressure meter garbage gimmicks are just ruining the game. Goalies not being useless would help too.

Of course I will probably end up buying it again like a tool although I am more hesitant then ever.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
1724263585763.png

Meanwhile I'm still trying to figure out how to get my old NHL '95 editor to work on a modern computer so I can update those rosters.

I had been fighting an itch to get a new console to play a few other games, but probably can't justify it. My PS4 was collecting dust before I lent it out and then the disc drive broke. I bought NHL '13 (Brodeur cover) when it was on clearance but never opened it. I haven't kept track but it seems like a few folks are expecting NHL '25 to only be on the latest and greatest.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
With all the problems EA NHL games have....playing some EASHL with friends and making a Club team is still incredibly fun. I never touch the other game modes though.

Honkybonk

Oct 26, 2017
I still enjoy the EA NHL games but i no longer buy it every year. I tend to buy it every 3 years or so, just so i can get the updated rosters/ratings.

As for the 3 Hughes brothers on the cover? Meh its kinda cool having 3 NHL caliber brothers on the cover.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Being part of a brothers trio is enough to be marketable in a way. If it was just him on the cover by himself then yeah he’d be the worst.

I actually thought Broduer in 14 was an odd choice considering he was well passed his prime.
Must be the trio thing. Only being twins who won the Hart and Lindsay respectively certainly wasn't enough.

Reactions: Brookbank

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Be a pro hasn't been updated since 2014. All other sports games seem to have more focus on it but not the NHL games. Just Hut and Chel over and over and over.
Be a pro is my favorite mode but its is still trash. I haven't played for the last 3 years but remember getting points off my development for not winning faceoffs as a winger in a game that never had centers thrown out of the dot

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Be a pro is my favorite mode but its is still trash. I haven't played for the last 3 years but remember getting points off my development for not winning faceoffs as a winger in a game that never had centers thrown out of the dot
was always irritating playing a defensive defenseman archetype and having a large amount of goals be my goal for the the week.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
View attachment 902397

Meanwhile I'm still trying to figure out how to get my old NHL '95 editor to work on a modern computer so I can update those rosters.

I had been fighting an itch to get a new console to play a few other games, but probably can't justify it. My PS4 was collecting dust before I lent it out and then the disc drive broke. I bought NHL '13 (Brodeur cover) when it was on clearance but never opened it. I haven't kept track but it seems like a few folks are expecting NHL '25 to only be on the latest and greatest.

I am still waiting for somebody to be able to edit the 1995 ROM to be able to unlock the possibility of a 32-team NHL95.

Given the resurgent popularity of 8/16-bit video games with their “retro” graphics and ease of playability…I’m still hopefully someday EA jumps in with some fully supported and upgraded ports of some of the classics.

Reactions: Brodeur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad