F Max Penkin - Jungadler Mannheim U17, Germany U17 (2027 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017

Played for the U16 German team as a 14 year old and is among the top scorers in the U17 German league as well. Could be a kid to keep tabs on in the future. Can anyone add to this?

Reactions: czech

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
He received exceptional status, so he can play at the U20 level in Germany next season, as a 15-year old.
There is even a small chance we could see him at the Hlinka this year, but I believe that would only happen if there are injuries to other players, between now and the start of the tournament.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
He received exceptional status, so he can play at the U20 level in Germany next season, as a 15-year old.
There is even a small chance we could see him at the Hlinka this year, but I believe that would only happen if there are injuries to other players, between now and the start of the tournament.
Did Penkin get any consideration from Germany for the Hlinka? I saw that Slovakia had Timothy Kazda was the youngest player there.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Did Penkin get any consideration from Germany for the Hlinka? I saw that Slovakia had Timothy Kazda was the youngest player there.

Kazda is an ‘08 whereas Penkin is a ‘09. Doubt he received much interest

There was a report that he was on standby for the Hlinka in case of injury, but I cannot say for sure if that was accurate or if he would have been the first alternate option or somewhere further down the line. But if the report was accurate, he did at least receive some consideration.

Still no reason to get overly excited. He is very promising right now, compared to the mostly disappointing prospects we had the last few years, but it is still a long way to go.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
There was a report that he was on standby for the Hlinka in case of injury, but I cannot say for sure if that was accurate or if he would have been the first alternate option or somewhere further down the line. But if the report was accurate, he did at least receive some consideration.

Still no reason to get overly excited. He is very promising right now, compared to the mostly disappointing prospects we had the last few years, but it is still a long way to go.
That’d be pretty cool if that was the case. Awesome stuff.

Reactions: Maverick41

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I just double checked. It was a statement from his agents that mentioned he was on standby for the U18 team for the Hlinka.

@JotAlan had posted this Instagram post about it in another thread, on the Germany section of the board.

Doesn’t get more official than that.

He must be a special talent to even be considered for such a feat. Agree I think it’s best to be patient but still there is something to be exited about here.

I heard that this guy is one of the better talents from the nation upcoming, is this true?

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Doesn’t get more official than that.

He must be a special talent to even be considered for such a feat. Agree I think it’s best to be patient but still there is something to be exited about here.

I heard that this guy is one of the better talents from the nation upcoming, is this true?

I am not sure about Pellizzari. The first time I saw him he looked very good. The two other games I saw from him were far less impressive.
I need to see a lot more from him to get a proper read. Based on what I have seen from that particular draft class (2027), he appears to be one of the better talents in that group. But again, I have not seen enough of him or most of the other kids to make any bold claims.

If he stays in Mannheim, I should see more games of him this season, because he would be playing on the same team as several other prospects I am interested in. If that is the case I will gladly share my thoughts on him once I have had more viewings of him.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Today he played for Germany-08 against the Czechia, was the best for the Germans, scored a great goal, but Germany still lost 1:10.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He plays physically mature for his age. He's big, strong, a fast skater, and physical. Against players a year older he was making his presence felt. He looked to have real skill, but might be closer to a player who is physically a year older than his age as opposed to an exceptional talent that will be Germany's next Drai or Stu. Only saw half a game from him, but that was my impression.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
He plays physically mature for his age. He's big, strong, a fast skater, and physical. Against players a year older he was making his presence felt. He looked to have real skill, but might be closer to a player who is physically a year older than his age as opposed to an exceptional talent that will be Germany's next Drai or Stu. Only saw half a game from him, but that was my impression.
I disagree. His skillset is far superior than anyone else’s in Germany. That said, there’s a lot of room between not actually that good and the next Draisaitl/Stützle.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I disagree. His skillset is far superior than anyone else’s in Germany. That said, there’s a lot of room between not actually that good and the next Draisaitl/Stützle.
Well, right, I agree. I'm not sure we even disagree. Looked more like a Lutz than the next Drai or Stu, which is the point I'm making. Probably the best draft prospect for Germany in years, but my initial impression wasn't that he's like a future contender for 1OA or close to it. Yeah, the players were mostly a year older than him and he definitely did well, but he looked at a similar level to the players out there. Didn't look like a guy who is going to challenge Dupont and Pelosi and whoever is talked about as the top guys in 2027. Maybe I was expecting too much or I'm wrong.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Penkin is an amazing prospect for Germany, but realistically I would not expect him to be a top10 pick even if 2027 turns into a draft that lacks depth, which I don't expect.
Depending on the depth of the draft, I could see him as a late 1st round pick or early 2nd round pick, which would be Reichel/Peterka territory.

We need to stop comparing every talented player to Draisaitl, Stützle or Seider. Sure, it would be amazing to have another player at that level, but honestly I would be excited for any prospect good enought to be drafted at all.
Our system is just not set up to consistently produce high level prospects. And of course the pool of players is just not big enough to overcome the deficiencies in the system itself. We have been able to "raise the floor" for our prospects a little bit which should mean more solid DEL players and potential national team players, but when it comes to the top, the aforementioned trio were outliers and even Peterka and Reichel level prospects will remain a rare occurrence.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Well, right, I agree. I'm not sure we even disagree. Looked more like a Lutz than the next Drai or Stu, which is the point I'm making. Probably the best draft prospect for Germany in years, but my initial impression wasn't that he's like a future contender for 1OA or close to it. Yeah, the players were mostly a year older than him and he definitely did well, but he looked at a similar level to the players out there. Didn't look like a guy who is going to challenge Dupont and Pelosi and whoever is talked about as the top guys in 2027. Maybe I was expecting too much or I'm wrong.
I wasn’t too high on Lutz and would say Penkin is ahead of Lutz at the same age. But as always, time will tell.

Reactions: Maverick41

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
This kid is off to a hot start on the stat sheet 3 points in 2 games while playing juniors at 15. I look forward to seeing him play. Are DNL games streamed?

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
This kid is off to a hot start on the stat sheet 3 points in 2 games while playing juniors at 15. I look forward to seeing him play. Are DNL games streamed?

Many of them are streamed here, but it's not cheap.

Since I'll be watching a lot of games (U20 and U17) and I don't like looking for illegal streams, I got the season pass, and I will get good use out of that. But for a game here or there it's really quite expensive.

Btw I plan to watch all of the Mannheim games and post a sort of summary at the end of each month. With a little recap of his performance in each game.
I will also point out any incorrect stats, since that is still a huge problems in that league. So far, his stats have been absolutely correct, but there have already been some problems with the assists on other goals.

Without going into much detail, I thought he had a strong first game and a slightly less impressive second game. If he was 2 years older I would say he had a decent start into the season, considering his age I'd say it was very good. However, the opponent was less than impressive, which makes it difficult to assess how well he really did.
This weekend against Landshut should be a bit more challenging. But the days I have circled in my calender are Ocotber 12th and 13th when they play against Cologne. That will be the real test in this part of the season. Of course things will get more interesting when they move on to the next phase and the stronger teams are separated from the rest.

Reactions: MrGuyPerson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad