Proposal: Huge ANA NYR WIN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I get what your saying but this isn't a NHL16 type of trade where it's stud for stud. Nobody is going to come n and offer marner++ for example when they know the ducks ***** are in a sling.. Ducks are going to have top make a deal knowing that even if they do get quality for quantity there needs to be a major ripple effect to sign their own players and straighten out their finances

FFS, we're not waiting on a trade offer for Lindholm. No one is waiting us out on a Lindholm trade. A few teams inquired. They were told no. Full stop.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
dude

Understand this: send us a package worthy of Lindholm. JT Miller is not going to cut it. Quit acting like we should just be happy that other teams are interested and accept every **** offer thrown our way

I'm not even saying trading lindholm is the answer. what I am saying is the ducks need a guy that's going to score 20 plus goals besides perry n getz.. they need him to be cheap because of their cap.. I proposed a miller+ for vatanen a while ago and ducks fans went nuts as well. How do you expect to fix your forward situation when you don't want to deal anyone??? the ducks can't take on salary.. Even if the trade was kreider for vatanen it does nothing for the ducks cap and lindholm would still be sitting in the press box.. Who are they going to trade and for what????? please enlighten me instead of trashing every proposal. please?? go ahead

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
The best piece of a return for Lindholm won't be J.T. Miller.

I'm confident of that.

That isn't some knock on Miller, but he's not going to do it. Plenty of teams would be willing to offer at least one single piece that is better than that. The rest of the package may end up smaller as a result, but for Lindholm teams will offer more.

I wonder if he would accept a top 6 player a 3rd liner and a 1st for McDonagh?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
cool

FFS, we're not waiting on a trade offer for Lindholm. No one is waiting us out on a Lindholm trade. A few teams inquired. They were told no. Full stop.

nice. hope he doesn't get hemroids sitting in the press box while the ducks ownership wounts their nickels

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
maybe

If my team was in dire financial straights and i needed that money to sign other younger top players on the squad i would consider it. Miller getting under rated but obviously lindholm is the best player being moved

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Probably not, but I think the justification would be that Anaheim is in a tough spot. Which is true, of course, but for Lindholm teams would line up.

At that point, I think GM's stop caring about Anaheim's cap situation, and they start caring about what it will take to get Lindholm on their team.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Probably not, but I think the justification would be that Anaheim is in a tough spot. Which is true, of course, but for Lindholm teams would line up.

At that point, I think GM's stop caring about Anaheim's cap situation, and they start caring about what it will take to get Lindholm on their team.

There is a difference between Anaheim's situation and Winnipegs. I don't think it creates that much leverage. If Anaheim has to take a serious haircut in value on a player it would be a different player to make room for Lindholm and not Lindholm himself.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
yea

and is McD basically called the rangers ownership cheap like lindholm did to the ducks it would entice me.. Word is the number is 6mill per and his agent has pretty much said don't bother calling if that's not the offer.. For the record, I think it will be vatanen or fowler moved instead of lindholm, but it's always fun to speculate

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
agreed

There is a difference between Anaheim's situation and Winnipegs. I don't think it creates that much leverage. If Anaheim has to take a serious haircut in value on a player it would be a different player to make room for Lindholm and not Lindholm himself.

I have said repeatedly i think it will be fowler or vatanen before linholm

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

All true, but of course they need to be able to afford Lindholm new cap hit. This creates enough challenge that the actual list of team who need him, want him, have pieces Ducks need/want and can afford his cap hit shrinks the list significantly. But yes he would return a nice haul of course. Similar situation to Trouba situation.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
and is McD basically called the rangers ownership cheap like lindholm did to the ducks it would entice me.. Word is the number is 6mill per and his agent has pretty much said don't bother calling if that's not the offer.. For the record, I think it will be vatanen or fowler moved instead of lindholm, but it's always fun to speculate

Wait, what? You sound rather far behind on what has been going on. The word is that they are within about $250,000, and they are already below the $6m mark.

But Gardner already nailed it. If Anaheim takes it in the teeth to dump salary, it isn't going to be Lindholm. He's the reason they would be trying to dump salary. If they move him, there is no need for that cap dump, so you had better be prepared to pay for Hampus. If you don't, someone else will.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
maybe

You would consider moving your best player and not someone else in order to get your best player signed?

all depends bro. If the ducks are serious about making a run while perry and getz are still forces, then yes, I would consider it. With larrson,theodore,fowler already on the left side and knowing the forward siuation had to be addressed. yeah, I would listen..If they are going more towards youth movement and not going for the cup while their 2 big players are in their prime, then no I'd go linholm all the way

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
could be

Wait, what? You sound rather far behind on what has been going on. The word is that they are within about $250,000, and they are already below the $6m mark.

But Gardner already nailed it. If Anaheim takes it in the teeth to dump salary, it isn't going to be Lindholm. He's the reason they would be trying to dump salary. If they move him, there is no need for that cap dump, so you had better be prepared to pay for Hampus. If you don't, someone else will.

Not sure. I heard he wants 6 mill from a poster with sources on NYR board but you may be right

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Larsson and Theodore aren't replacements for Lindholm at this point in their careers. They may never be replacements for him. I'm not even sure I'd call them band aids at this point.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
IMO Lindholm won't be traded, if the gap is only 250k per year......but both player and team are being morons pissing around over 250k. Rumors will remain until contract signed, b/c it's not logical to fight over so little money. Makes you wonder if there are other non public issues delaying a contract.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
IMO Lindholm won't be traded, if the gap is only 250k per year......but both player and team are being morons pissing around over 250k. Rumors will remain until contract signed, b/c it's not logical to fight over so little money. Makes you wonder if there are other non public issues delaying a contract.

Claude Lemieux.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
What is this "first round pick" you speak of, I'm unfamiliar with such an asset.

Also if Miller + 1st + young forward gets you Lindholm with all due respect to Winnipeg I don't think we'd cut them into the deal even if we desperately need a RD you still take the best player in the trade, plus with AV here Trouba would still play behind Girardi.

Is there a Dano type of player in the Rangers system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad