Confirmed with Link: Hronek traded to Vancouver for ‘23 1st (NYI) and ‘23 2nd (VAN)

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
Not somebody I want playing 25 minutes for my team. He’s a luxury 2nd pairing guy

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
If we keep Hronek we wouldn't get Holl. With Hronek behind Seider we could make playoffs and not get ASP and MBN . Now those 2 guys on the same team and come Detroit little later , much cheaper, when we have chance to compete for cup . Great trade for Detroit

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
We make the playoffs with Hronek on this team. I understand the trade and appreciate the long term vision - ASP might be incredible. But we sacrificed quite a bit in the short term with that deal

I’d much rather pay Hronek that money and term than Copp or Chiarot…

So you admit that long term were probably better off with ASP but would rather have hronek short term on a huge cap hit because you want to make the playoffs and lose first round now?

Over/Under on SE putting up 50pts next year?

Comparing Hronek today to SE today is utter nonsense

Hronek has never hit 50 points. It's likely that Ed puts up somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 points while being better defensively than fil, and Simon's outlet passes are 10x better

No Copp and No Holl would have given us plenty of room and made our team better

When we signed Copp he was a good player. And while the length was a bit long and cap was perhaps a touch high it was not a bad deal. We needed a center and he was a pretty good one. Offensively he hasn't lived up to expectations but defensively he is sound

If Yzerman does not trade Hronek...

--> we don't get those extra picks to acquire DeBrincat...

when no DeBrincat ---> Kane won't join in here....

when no Kane ---> Tarasenko won't join in here...

It all cumulates.

Wow someone who sees the picture.

However I'm sure Steve would make that debrincat trade regardless. You don't pass up a golden goose egg falling in your lap

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I was OK with trading Hronek away because I felt pretty confident we could get a guy like Pesce or Montour or Roy in free agency.

But right now the right side of our defense looks like ass, other than Seider.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
If ASP is even the exact same as Hronek it was a good move. Kick the can down the road, kept the cap down we aren't ready to pay a guy like Hronek this much rn...

Agreed. Seider, Raymond and Hronek would all be looking for big deals on the Wings right now. That's a lot of money and term to commit to in one off season.

So out of those three who's gonna be the odd man out?

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
So you admit that long term were probably better off with ASP but would rather have hronek short term on a huge cap hit because you want to make the playoffs and lose first round now?

I wouldn't term the words "might be" as an admission. I have ASP has our #2 prospect behind Cossa so I feel hopeful about it being a long term win for the organization. It was more just a statement on the reality of the situation.

Looking at our roster, we could really use a top 4 rhd in his prime...

Reactions: Euro Twins

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I can read. I exchanged Petry because keeping Copp makes us a better team than moving on from Copp and keeping Hronek. $5.5-6Mish (ie Holl and Petry) would be ok value for Hronek.

Copp is better defensively than Hronek and they provide similar levels of offense.

giphy.gif

Reactions: lilidk

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
I wouldn't term the words "might be" as an admission. I have ASP has our #2 prospect behind Cossa so I feel hopeful about it being a long term win for the organization. It was more just a statement on the reality of the situation.

Looking at our roster, we could really use a top 4 rhd in his prime...

We absolutely could. And I didn't like trading hronek either but long term it's poised to work out

Reactions: raymond23

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Holl and Copp
Red Wings had bad seasons from Chiarot and then Yzerman double down and get Holl, like he did not know what happened in Toronto. I remember I was driving and listening one of those bloggers who was screaming why Stivi why, you are already have Chiarot.
Copp got paid nicely to play second line center , has zero creativity and scores only garbage goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad