How old is too old to attend an NHL game?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I would say around 28. By then you should be focused on your career and family, not focused on a game that many children play. I've always felt it embarrassing for people when I watch games live on TV and I see actual adults in the stands without their kids with them. I'm not here to tell people here what they should do with their lives, but reconsider your life, values and where you'll be 10 years from now.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I would say around 28. By then you should be focused on your career and family, not focused on a game that many children play. I've always felt it embarrassing for people when I watch games live on TV and I see actual adults in the stands without their kids with them. I'm not here to tell people here what they should do with their lives, but reconsider your life, values and where you'll be 10 years from now.

Lol dude.

By that logic all you should be doing after 28 is work and go back home.

Not because people go see NHL games that they should reconsider their life values. Everyone has hobbies that they should still explore with or without their families. In fact it's extremely beneficial for a relationship to explore hobbies and spend time with friends rather than always being stuck to each other.

NJDevilsFan21

Trade Everyone!!
Nov 10, 2006

10 years from now I'd like to be able to travel to every NHL arena during one season so I can watch each team play their home game. At a certain age yes the majority of players are younger than you, but I've noticed you go from idolizing the players to appreciating watching something played at the highest level possible. And P.S. I live on the the west coast and stop my work day by 4PM to watch Devils games.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Horrible take

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I like the decibels meter that isn't actually connected to anything.
That should be the next thread question… “At what age did you realize the decibels meter isn’t actually connected to anything?” Lol… cause I remember for MANY years as a kid assuming it was and was sooooo pumped when the crowd made it hit full blast hahaha

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

How dare someone have an interest and a hobby outside of their work and family.

Back to the OP - there is no age limit. They put on a production outside of the game to make it entertaining for the kids. Older fans of the game can appreciate the finer details within the game and find entertainment there.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Good luck obtaining a family with that kind of attitude.

"Want to travel honey? No point, it's a waste of money. Focus on your career until you drop dead. And don't dare come home without doing some overtime first."

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Or some people are fortunate to be able to attend games themselves and also spend time with their kids

Some adults get to be a parent and also stay their own individual person

Also teenage kids often want to go do other stuff with their friends and not their parents

There’s so much your post has to assume to be correct

“Game that children play”

I love these comments in all contexts

I’d bet most of these games were invented by adults. Kids copy adults. Down time existed before the modern slavery to work, and life isn’t meant to just “exist”

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
It's true. 28 on the dot. No more fun.

I smiled briefly on my 31st birthday and was embarrassed for weeks. Don't be like me.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
A few years ago during Military Appreciation Night the Avalanche wheeled out various armed forces members past and present to get a cheer. One of them was a guy who'd been in the air force during the war and was 100-odd. This old man, stood in the middle of an arena with lights and music and a cheering crowd and god knows what else barely able to lift his hand to acknowledge them. That old was too old.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad