HF Habs: How much hockey do you watch?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How much hockey do you watch in a typical week?

• All the Habs games

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • 50% of the Habs games

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • 75% of the Habs games

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • All the Habs games plus 2-3 NHL games during the week

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • All the Habs games plus 5 NHL games during the week

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • All the Habs games plus all Rocket games when possible

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • As much as humanly possible

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 21 18.3%

• Total voters

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Used to watch all games, I knew all of the draftees and their stats by heart pretty much, but during the Bergevin era my interest dropped drastically. The team just wasn't really fun to watch or follow, basically since the Kovalev/Subban days.

It's been growing back the last few years, especially since Caufield joined the team I'd say. Can't wait for Demidov and Hudson to increase my interest even more!

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
That will be difficult to me to watch on TV because I will be sheduled Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday to 5pm at 3am. 40hours.

So, I want to watch 100%, but that will not that.

But I will 100% re-watch highlights when I can't.

Reactions: Toene

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Try to watch all hab games, all Laval games and other games.

Unless the game is Friday night/Saturday night I miss a lot of the late ones, though.

If the habs/rocket aren't playing ill catch a sens, or Leafs, or the big ticket game if possible. For me, the big ticket game this year will once again be the devils and Rangers.

Does changing back and forth between two games count as two games ? If I can, because the NHL actually staggered their starts I'll do that.

Then there's world juniors I catch when I can.

Memorial cup, especially if there's a Habs prospect in there.

Playoffs when games are easiy to find, on the weekend in the first round there's nothing to it to watch 3 games in a day.

Why yes, you're correct, I don't have a personality.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
I think another way to make this poll with the same result would be :

How much of a life do you have?

1- Single, no job (as much hockey as humanly possible)
2- Single but working (all Habs games + Rockets + 5 other NHL games per week)
3- In couple with a job (all Habs games + a few others)
4- Currently raising a small family + working (most Habs games)
5- Currently raising a 4++ kids family + working full time + taking care of my old parents (watching some highlights only on my phone while falling asleep in my bed, and most likely not posting on this forum at all)

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
With family stuff and all my other activity going on, I still manage to get in a good chunk of games. In terms of full games, maybe 25% but I'll watch at least part of about 75% of their games during the season.

Reactions: Tyson

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
If I'm home that night I'll have the habs game open on a screen and I'll "watch" it if it turns out good, but may also just keep it as background noise unless I find something more interesting to do.

I used to be way more assiduous than that, but time took its toll.

During covid and after the miracle run I pretty much stopped watching the game, but instead start getting more interested in the NBA and the Raptors (who were on a roll back then, and won it all in 2019). It's interesting to start watching a game you don't know much about, learning the concepts and the plays, how teams are structured, and all the little rules and twirks of the sport. Had a lot of fun doing this. But now the Raptors sucks ass and the Habs are back at being interesting to follow, so I switched back my entertainment passtime of choice...

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
You young punks won't remember when fans could actually see the puck and there were very few distractions on the ice and boards. Used to be so nice to watch

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
I read every GDT does this count?
Probably watched less than 5 games of regular season.
Not gonna get cable again for sure but when they figure out some ways to distribute the game that work for me I’ll watch them.
Like the Amazon games this year.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I used to watch virtually every game for years. But with the birth of my child combined with a painful rebuild, I have really gone down alot in my consumption.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad