HF Habs: How much hockey do you watch?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How much hockey do you watch in a typical week?

• All the Habs games

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • 50% of the Habs games

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • 75% of the Habs games

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • All the Habs games plus 2-3 NHL games during the week

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • All the Habs games plus 5 NHL games during the week

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • All the Habs games plus all Rocket games when possible

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • As much as humanly possible

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 21 18.3%

• Total voters

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
Im not an hockey fan. I’m a habs fan . That’s it. Used to watch all habs games. I’m at 60-75% now .

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I watch every game that is on in Southern Ontario, without having to buy the centre ice package. Watch a few of the other teams games sprinkled throughout the year,

Follow along on the GDT with all of you fine folks, for most games I miss.

Thinking Ill get centre ice this year and watch every possible Habs game.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Used to watch every single game and several other games per week, pretty much every night I’d watch atleast 1 game.

Now I catch somewhere between 50-75% of Habs games. Life gets in the way. Now that the club is under competent management I’m going to try and catch more games again.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I used to watch pretty much every game. Since about 2018 I'm probably closer to ~60-70% of Habs games and 95%+ of playoff games (including bouncing around from game to game in early round 1). Granted those numbers also include having the game on my second monitor while I play video games on my PC. Missed a lot of games this year playing FF7 Remake & Rebirth back to back as well.

I play beer league on Thursdays so I can
often only watch the first period of those games, and I usually check out a bit after the deadline until some prospects get called up during tank seasons. I probably watch more than 120 games a year though still as I watch a lot of other games. Every Thursday after beer league I'll take an edible and watch McDavid turnstile some idiot and I still watch a lot of games around the league, usually at least 2 on Saturdays.

Last edited:

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I’ll watch most of Montréal or rocket game when I can, everything WJC U20, U18 Gretzky Hlinka. any big even that is on TV if there one of our guy or prospect I interested watch or PVR. Plus stuff on youtube scouting report.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I joined the forum on October 2017. Since from 2017-2022, I was watching hockey full time. Just the Habs and the Rockets. 24 hours. 7 days. 365 days.

I made my retirement from November 2022 (my last post of 2022) to December 2023 (my last post of 2023). I followed the Habs news and the Rocket news occasionally tho.

I'm back to watch Habs hockey and Rocket hockey!

Reactions: DavePeak

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Lots...

Attachments

• IMG_0723.png
    IMG_0723.png
    310.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Haha
Reactions: Habs10Habs

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I havent been watching many habs games in the last years, maybe 20-30, its gonna go up for sure though, my interest is still recovering from the Bergevin years. However I always watch the full WJC, Hlinka, and a lot of NHL playoffs games. And maybe the odd non-habs NHL regular season game here and there.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I watch most of the Habs games or at least part of them lol. I usually skip the Western road trips because of the 11 pm starts. I watch plenty of other teams as well but without the same interest as the Canadiens games. The GDTs are more entertaining for me than any of the games on in the background tbh.

jsol

Jun 15, 2007
Montreal
I watch all Hab games most of the last 25 years and intermittently since the 70’s. I also watch a lot of playoffs, whoever interests me. I watch all memorial cups and Junior Worlds, and Olympics. I also followed the Blackhawks very closely while my cousin (Seabrook) was active.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Less than 1% and the number has been dwindling down for the last 4 years. I'll only watch highlights the day after because I'm actually waiting for another news to show up

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
For me, almost every Habs game (sometimes while gaming, but usually with my full attention) + a few NHL games/week, mostly Oilers. WJC, 1st round of playoffs (I tend to lose interest later on if the Habs didn’t make them that year). Rocket games once in a while, too.

It also evolves throughout the season. In September I’ll be super excited to watch every minute of action (rookie camp, main camp, preseason games), but then sometimes I burn out watching too much hockey by the all-star weekend.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Most Habs games, lately a good amount of NCAA (Canadiens prospects only), some Laval games, and local OHL / QMJHL if our prospect is playing in my city.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Was watching probably 80% before I moved to BC, now because the games are so early I can usually only catch the first period at work before I leave

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Hi my name is H10H, and I'm a hockey addict.

I watch all Habs games. Either live on tv or using my PVR (best invention ever). Before that, I arranged my life around the Habs schedule. I once quit a fast food job, because my manager wouldn't give me the night off. My wife originally wanted to get married in April. I squashed that really quick, and we were married in July.

I watch a few non Habs games per week. I also spend a ridiculous amount of time here on HFB. Mostly reading, as I don't post as much as I did in the past. I used to average over 100 (nonsense) posts per day. I've also added watching @montreal and @HockeyJunkie87 youtube videos. I'm also lucky that my daughter is becoming a hockey nut like me. We have hockey trivia challenges each morning, while eating our breakfast, or at dinner time. Oh yeah, and I also have a turtle I named Saku Koivu. My daughter has a cat she named Gally. I tried to name my daughter "Lafleur". My wife threatened to make me sleep on the couch for the rest of our marriage. So I kinda lost that one lol

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I try to watch all of them but it's very hard with the kids sport schedule. I would say I'm at 75 to 85%

Even going to the Bell center, I'm offered about 10-15x per season by clients and I only end up going 3-4 times because of schedule

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad