HF Habs: How much hockey do you watch?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How much hockey do you watch in a typical week?

• All the Habs games

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • 50% of the Habs games

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • 75% of the Habs games

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • All the Habs games plus 2-3 NHL games during the week

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • All the Habs games plus 5 NHL games during the week

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • All the Habs games plus all Rocket games when possible

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • As much as humanly possible

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 21 18.3%

• Total voters

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Over the last 3 or so years I haven't seen a single hockey game. Not really my sport anymore. Still follow it, strangely enough, through these forums.
I was totally in to "all sports" stats (as they appeared in the Gazette) since ~1982.. every morning before school, my father would make me a boiled egg, with toast and the Sports section to read to the right side of the placemat.. Mondays were always fun: included west coast games...

Nowadays, i enjoy watching 1 or 2 periods of any game, whichever is on... Habs I'll watch the whole game if they are on network tv.. otherwise ill wait for highlights, but the box-score is what I enjoy the most.. something about reading the stats i thoroughly love.. all of it, is fun.

I'm more wanting the Habs to win a SC for the younger generation - something they can experience.. i was in Connecticut on a Soccer Tourney when the Habs won in 1986.. i remember it vividly.. i was being billeted by a nice Hartford Whaler fans family.. the game was on national TV.. they were all cheering for the Habs, to be nice I gather..

1993 I was on the streets of downtown celebrating the victory... the Forum had the away games in LA.. full house, 16,003 (iirc)..

The new gen need to experience this... and I'll say now - with Hugo running things and the way they are being built a real chance will come in the next 7 years.. gonna be fun.

Also, this forum brings me much happiness.. there are several (very astute) members who have incredible takes. Opinions, even banter - is a lot of fun to read... im not sure how much the younger gen understands just how amazing it is to simply "chat" habs whenever you want, all on a magic gizmo that has the entire world information at our fingertips..

Last edited:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I was totally in to "all sports" stats (as they appeared in the Gazette) since ~1982.. every morning before school, my father would make me a boiled egg, with toast and the Sports section to read to the right side of the placemat.. Mondays were always fun: included west coast games...

Nowadays, i enjoy watching 1 or 2 periods of any game, whichever is on... Habs I'll watch the whole game if they are on network tv.. otherwise ill wait for highlights, but the box-score is what I enjoy the most.. something about reading the stats i thoroughly love.. all of it, is fun.

I'm more wanting the Habs to win a SC for the younger generation - something they can experience.. i was in Connecticut on a Soccer Tourney when the Habs won in 1986.. i remember it vividly.. i was being billeted by a nice Hartford Whaler fans family.. the game was on national TV.. they were all cheering for the Habs, to be nice I gather..

1993 I was on the streets of downtown celebrating the victory... the Forum had the away games in LA.. full house, 16,003 (iirc)..

The new gen need to experience this... and I'll say now - with Hugo running things and the way they are being built a real chance will come in the next 7 years.. gonna be fun.

Also, this forum brings me much happiness.. there are several (very astute) members who have incredible takes. Opinions, even banter - is a lot of fun to read... im not sure how much the younger gen understands just how amazing it is to simply "chat" habs whenever you want, all on a magic gizmo that has the entire world information at our fingertips..
Maybe I'm just old. But to go from talking about hockey with my local friends. To being able to chat about hockey with people from around the world, still blows me away. Like you, I always looked forward to the weekly stats in the newspapers. Now the information that is now available to us is just incredible. I can't even imagine what the next generation will be able to access.

Reactions: themilosh

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
Châteauguay
All Habs games and games of each prospect.

I suspect with the little guy due in hours/days that the prospect watching will go down to major tournaments and highlight clips/twitter scouting.
please tell me you'll name your kid Dandouillon

1724906319854.jpeg

edit: i think ive said the same thing a few months ago lmao

Last edited:

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I watch all the Habs games, some NHL games that interest me weekly, nearly all Laval Rocket games, some Trois-Rivières games, a lot of NCAA games, plenty of junior-level games around the world for prospects that interest me (heavy emphasis on Habs prospects and D-1 prospects), all WJC games, Ivan-Hlinka, and basically all NHL playoffs games that I manage to catch.

Hockey is one of my favorite pastimes, I am an old single dog with no kids despite two ex-wives, so I correspondingly spend a lot of time indulging myself and watching a ton of games when not at work or telling myself that I've "still got it" playing in my beer league.

Long story short, I ain't no "filthy casual".

President XD

Apr 30, 2014
Not many. Will catch them when they are on CBC and even then I generally don't watch the full game. I've started watching the NHL youtube highlights instead. Used to watch most of the games except late games but interest as dwindled down quite a bit in the past few years.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
A lot lol, just love to watch hockey period, just happen to be born n raised MTL
I enjoy watching hockey not involving the Habs too
Like to keep tabs on the competition
Love to watch NFL and NBA as well

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Strangely, since leaving a long marriage I've watched less hockey. My ex was a big Habs fan, which was pretty cool. Date nights were usually resto-bars watching the game.

Last three years it's been a bit of a struggle to sneak in hockey while dating women who weren't fans. I've probably only seen parts of 75% of the games. I'll be expecting more this season, adding to my dating profile: "Must enjoy deep conversations, long walks on the beach, and successful rebuilds".

George Lebay

Feb 17, 2012
Laval
I watch most of the Habs' games, and in recent years, I've developed an interest in the Leafs during the playoffs—and I'm not joking, and yes, it's to watch them lose. I realized that during the 2024 playoffs. When they were eliminated, I lost a lot of interest until the final series.

• Haha
Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I watch most of the Habs games via ESPN+. Those I miss are the late night west coast games, plus any that are blacked out here -- meaning those on NHL Network or when they play the Red Wings on Bally Sports Detroit , as we do not get either of those channels. I may miss a few other games when we have other plans, too.

I used to attend the Habs games in person when they would come to Detroit and the Wings were at Joe Louis Arena, but the seating in the upper bowl of the new arena is extremely uncomfortable, and prices for the lower bowl are more than I'm willing to pay for a regular season hockey game.

We also have season tickets to the US NTDP here in Plymouth. We usually make it to 25-30 of the games (there are typically 36-38 home games a season involving the U18 and U17 teams). If the arena is hosting a Five Nations tournament and we are in town, I will sometimes attend several of those games, too.

Also watch some NCAA hockey -- mostly Michigan. GO BLUE!

Last edited:

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Maybe a third of the games in the regular season. Playoffs, I watch every single one, unless something else is gravely important and cannot be rescheduled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad