How are they doing now? (Former Sabres Players) Top 100 pics/stories

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
The cavalcade of ex-Sabre farm hands and fringe depth guys on waivers continues today with guys like Devin Cooley and Hudson Fasching among others on today's wire. Asplund, Dalpe, Fitzgerald, Bailey, Schuldt, Caggiula, Hinostroza, Jonsson-Fjallby, and Hayden. Tokarski and Pysyk got released from their PTOs. I'm sure there are some I'm missing but it's been an Amerk and tweener bonanza.

Hudson Fasching is a blast from the past. That guy looked the part of a 3rd line stalwart for years to come. Bummer.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

“My motivation is huge,” Hašek said. “I consider everything I do on this topic to be vitally important. What is happening now in Russia, that is, the Russian imperialist war in Ukraine and other crimes connected with it, is very similar to what Hitler did in the 1930s. And we all know how that turned out. This must not happen again. And that is why I am trying to publicly explain to people all over the world what is important and how to act so that the Russian war of aggression does not spread and ends as soon as possible. And of course, the main motivation is saving human lives. For me, human life always comes first.”

Matthew Fairburn with a good look at Hasek's issue with the NHL allowing Russian players play in the league throughout Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Last week, Hašek did meet with Sabres coach Lindy Ruff and a few others he knows from his time in Buffalo. He also met with the video team for the Sabres’ website to help them with a project they are doing on his upbringing.

“I have no interest in breaking ties,” Hašek said. “I am interested in helping the NHL as much as possible with my behavior, and nothing is changing about that. Otherwise, of course, I will not participate in any of the two matches, nor anything related to the start of this year’s NHL. The reason is clear. I don’t want to be part of an event that is an advertisement for the Russian war.”

That is good to know.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad