How are they doing now? (Former Sabres Players) Top 100 pics/stories

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Patrik Berglund is not doing very well. After returning to Sweden he played for Djurgården for a year and then signed for Brynäs. Who, by the way, aren't doing well either. Imagine my pain, rooting for both Buffalo and Brynäs. I'm not doing very well.

But back on topic: He's been absent from the team for a while. Officially due to Covid-19, but a couple of days ago local media in Gävle broke the story that Berglund has been reported to the police due to what the article calls "brott i nära relation", which loosely translates to "domestic crime". Maybe there's a better English term for this - English is not my first language and law-lingo is most certainly not my area of expertise. The Swedish term describes a variety of crimes committed to someone you are in close relations to, and the typical nature of these crimes are physical, psychological, and sexual abuse, as well as other violations of someone's rights like limiting their freedom, trespassing, or, in layman's terms, "vastly overstaying your welcome".

The article goes on to say that the paper has spoken with Berglund's ex-girlfriend, but gives no further details as to the nature of the allegations. She does, however, make a point out of having the full support of both Brynäs and SICO (the players union).

The paper has also talked to Berglund's lawyer, who says he denies the accusations and that he has not been served suspicion, but the police confirm that there is an ongoing preliminary investigation. Now, I'm not an expert in either law or PR, but it does seem a bit odd to me to officially deny an accusation you haven't even been served. But then again, what the lawyer actually said and how it's summarized in the paper may not be the exact same thing.

Brynäs themselves declines to answer since Berglund is to be considered an employee and therefore they do have a responsibility towards him. Again, I'm not an expert but I think that if they jumped the gun and opened up about what they know, they would probably be in violation of the law themselves.

Now, while we absolutely shouldn't jump to conclusions or speculate, and we should most certainly remember that everyone is to be considered innocent until proven guilty, I think it's safe to say that Berglund isn't in a very good place. He's either guilty of some sort of crime, or he's had the bad fortune of catching a virus and being falsely accused, and I don't think either situation is desirable...

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
RDT_20210706_1506456165365136493136308.png

Reactions: sabremike

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Apparently Tim Connolly shops at the Pittsford Wegmans.

Something fell out his cart and I picked it up and gave it to him. I asked “are you who I think you are?”

Tim: “probably”

:laugh:

Reactions: buffalowing88

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Apparently Tim Connolly shops at the Pittsford Wegmans.

Something fell out his cart and I picked it up and gave it to him. I asked “are you who I think you are?”

Tim: “probably”

:laugh:

That's absolutely his Wegmans. I'm glad to see he's as surly as ever. Guy was the Jay Cutler meme before meme's were even popular. Also the most purely talented forward I've ever seen. One day he'll get his due...one day. Or he'll just be moody in the greater upstate region for the rest of his life.

Reactions: elchud

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
That's absolutely his Wegmans. I'm glad to see he's as surly as ever. Guy was the Jay Cutler meme before meme's were even popular. Also the most purely talented forward I've ever seen. One day he'll get his due...one day. Or he'll just be moody in the greater upstate region for the rest of his life.

I wouldn't say he was surly. I think it was more like I was looking at him and he was looking at me and we were both thinking through stuff. I was trying to think through if it was him and if so what to do. And he was likely wondering if I was thinking through if he was who he was and then guessing how I would respond.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wouldn't say he was surly. I think it was more like I was looking at him and he was looking at me and we were both thinking through stuff. I was trying to think through if it was him and if so what to do. And he was likely wondering if I was thinking through if he was who he was and then guessing how I would respond.

Given the fickle nature of some Sabre fans, I wonder if he was thinking you were going to say something harsh?

Reactions: Jim Bob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad