TV: House of the Dragon (HBO) - Season 2 - Summer 2024, please use spoil tags where it makes sense

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Which he didn't eat because he assumed it was poisoned, hah.

All Daemon knows how to do is fight through his problems. I swear.

I think them being black is kind of the dead giveaway for viewers.
from what i've seen everyone on Driftmark is black, but the white hair is what differentiates the Velaryon's and denotes their valyrian roots. Not everyblack person is a trueborn Velaryon or Corlys' bastard

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Wow. I mean we all knew battles between dragons was coming but that was unreal. I can't even get all my thoughts together.

I think my immediate reaction is that this could have easily been just a dumb fun action cgi fest but there was something so awful and gutwrenching about the dragons fighting. That the conflict was even happening. All that set up from the past season and a half really imbued the action with a strong emotional undercurrent and the director really didn't pull any punches driving home how awful a conflict involving dragons could be. 'War is hell' is a road heavily tread in film media but a war between dragons...that's new and I think it was remarkably done here.

I honestly found myself wincing and cringing watching the dragons damage each other.

What an incredible way for Rhaenys to go out. She knew she had no shot but she died fighting bravely. A fitting end. For Aegon, assuming he is dead, a bit of an in character but stupid way to go

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Intense stuff...

The whole battle and dragon fighting sequence was very well done.

Can't wait to see the fallout.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I dont think Aegon is dead. I need to go back and take a look at that scene but I think he might be still alive.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I think you're right. Aemond was going to finish him off before Cole came.
I went back and checked and it looked like he could still be alive. His face looked fine had a burnt arm. I suppose he could be paralyzed from the fall. He’s also without a dragon too which is a huge blow to him.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Wow that was so good, we’ve never seen a dragon fight like that even going back to GOT. I’m so rattled lol

Reactions: Tuggy

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Cole and Aemond are 2 steps ahead of the blacks. Blacks need to step up their game. I can’t imagine how Vhagar goes down. Maybe he goes rogue somehow and disobeys Aemond? Dunno interested in seeing how it unfolds

Wanna try that spelling again?
Auto correct + being on this website on a mobile is god awful.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Cole and Aemond are 2 steps ahead of the blacks. Blacks need to step up their game. I can’t imagine how Vhagar goes down. Maybe he goes rogue somehow and disobeys Aemond? Dunno interested in seeing how it unfolds

Auto correct + being on this website on a mobile is god awful.
I figured. I just thought it was funny. Behold the mighty and legendary dragon, Vaughan

• Haha
Reactions: Sad People

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Wow. I mean we all knew battles between dragons was coming but that was unreal. I can't even get all my thoughts together.

I think my immediate reaction is that this could have easily been just a dumb fun action cgi fest but there was something so awful and gutwrenching about the dragons fighting. That the conflict was even happening. All that set up from the past season and a half really imbued the action with a strong emotional undercurrent and the director really didn't pull any punches driving home how awful a conflict involving dragons could be. 'War is hell' is a road heavily tread in film media but a war between dragons...that's new and I think it was remarkably done here.

I honestly found myself wincing and cringing watching the dragons damage each other.

What an incredible way for Rhaenys to go out. She knew she had no shot but she died fighting bravely. A fitting end. For Aegon, assuming he is dead, a bit of an in character but stupid way to go
When the guts of Aegons dragon spilled out on his soldiers hit for me.

I've held off reading the fire and blood books until winds of winter and a dream of spring come out but have been dying to finally see the dance of dragons after hearing parts in different books in the series but now I'm thinking it's time to read the source material of this show.

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
When the guts of Aegons dragon spilled out on his soldiers hit for me.

I've held off reading the fire and blood books until winds of winter and a dream of spring come out but have been dying to finally see the dance of dragons after hearing parts in different books in the series but now I'm thinking it's time to read the source material of this show.
skeleton-waiting-skeleton.gif

Might as well get cracking.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Maybe it's weird because I'm an animal lover but I hated seeing the dragons getting hurt.

Either way, that ending will take a little while to process. Suffice to say that some consequences will come of this.

Reactions: HanSolo

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Insane episode. I kept thinking they would end it with the battle just starting and then they hit us with a masterpiece.

My only complaint is that behind the castle/hill was the only place Vhagar could be where she wouldn't see him. For someone experienced you would think she'd know to just stay at height.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
More of my thoughts

I'm so intrigued to see how this is going to impact the characters going forward.

Rhaenyra-guilt and rage for not taking the battle of Rook's Rest more seriously and losing one of her top allies, best warriors and best dragons.
Criston-Probably some guilt for what happened to Aegon
Alicent-Probably some guilt for essentially inciting Aegon to put himself in harm's way but at the same time she is so apathetic towards Aegon that it should make for some interesting inner conflict
Corlys-Will probably want to go balls to the wall with the war and will likely blame Rhaenyra for Rhaenys' death
Aegon (assuming he survived) probably completely uninterested in trying to earn his stripes as king after all this. I would think.
Aemond-Probably completely unaffected,

But, that does bring me to the potential fratricide he attempted. You could write off the murder of Lucerys (I mean I don't think anyone will argue that it was murder since Lucerys wasn't fighting back) as Aemond simply losing control of his emotions. But him going to "help" Aegon by having Vhagar shoot fire at both he and Rhaenys felt calculated. I think to Aemond, he probably recognized that not only was Aegon a weak warrior, but by rushing into a battle he had no business being a part of, he was an active liability. It probably doesn't help that Aegon has always been a bigger bully to him than any of the Targaryen children. Still though, to brazenly attack his own brother, the king, in front of thousands of potential witnesses, it's pretty wild.

All in all, after digesting that episode for a couple hours, I really feel like that was one of the peak big budget episodes of either show. My literal only gripe is how these Targaryens don't get their hair burned off with so much fire raging around them. I had my grill flare up once after forgetting to clean it and half my left eyebrow only grows back to half length now.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad