HOH Top 60 Goaltenders of All Time (2024 Edition) - Round 2, Vote 1

VanIslander

20 years of All-Time Drafts on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
TIER1: Hasek & Roy as 1A & 1B, interchangeable.

Is their a 3rd on this tier?

I think not.

But the top of tier 2?

When i was young, Habs fans galore extolled Plante.

But over time, the 10-year 1st/2nd all-star relentless 500+ games of not only durability but recognized greatness AGAINST dynasty goalies in Montreal and Toronto... of Glenn Hall of lesser stocked Chicago... has made me think the longstanding take-your-pick trio of O6 greats from the era ought to be led by Hall.

Last edited:

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Lots of interesting avenues of discussion today... me and @Professor What are not quite satisfied that we're going to be able to flesh all of it out by Sunday.

How much appetite is there for this opening vote's discussion to be extended for another week? Seeing how it is the first vote, we want to make sure we get this 'right'... but if people are set to vote, then we'll be set too.
We're gonna go ahead and make this official. Voting for this round will open next Friday, October 11 instead, and the OP will be edited to reflect this.

So if anybody was thinking of cooking something up, but was concerned about time constraints... go crazy!

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
Dryden-Tretiak... i dunno how old you are, but thousands of voices have put them in convo as -at least - near each other, same tier guys.

To kick Dryden out of a club and admit Tretiak is to split hairs.
That's all well and good. Call me the Hair Splitter then. Tretiak is a tier better for me.

One unrelated note, but just out of curiosity...Brodeur, Belfour, Nabokov, etc. etc. trace their roots to Tretiak and base their game on Tretiak.

Who are the Dryden disciples out there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad