2024 Islanders Training Camp

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I'm very curious about roster moves simply because of the interest if either Wahlstrom or Bolduc are waived. I wouldn't care if Wahlstrom were waived, but it would be a story. It would be an enormous error to waive Bolduc imo. I would say one other thing about camp, but I don't want to tempt fate.

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
Any word of Liam Foudy - has he been waived yet? Not skating with the full team
No idea and I hope not. I really wish Lou would just waive Fasching already and sit down with Matt Martin and offer him a job at the Bridge or somewhere in the organization. Looks like Roy wants speed up and down the lineup. I know we are talking about bottom 9 and possibly fringe players, but there are just too many bodies up front. I for one would like to see Foudy and Gauthier stick around some.

As far as the backend, I hope Lou tries some cap gymnastics because depth on D is important and I would try to keep both Cholowski and Bolduc. Injuries, Reilly is long in the tooth and only signed for 1 year. RD depth is a concern.

Reactions: SI and MJF

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
No idea and I hope not. I really wish Lou would just waive Fasching already and sit down with Matt Martin and offer him a job at the Bridge or somewhere in the organization. Looks like Roy wants speed up and down the lineup. I know we are talking about bottom 9 and possibly fringe players, but there are just too many bodies up front. I for one would like to see Foudy and Gauthier stick around some.

As far as the backend, I hope Lou tries some cap gymnastics because depth on D is important and I would try to keep both Cholowski and Bolduc. Injuries, Reilly is long in the tooth and only signed for 1 year. RD depth is a concern.

31 is long in the tooth? He's only a year older than Pelech and Pulock.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I’ll say this about Reilly. He may be 31 years old but he’s low mileage. I don’t think he’ll have a dropoff in his abilities so soon.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls

Agree on Fasching. He's not a bottom sixer. Plays like he has eggs in his pocket. Give Foudy a shot.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

In my opinion, Reilly signed the one-year deal hoping to have a good season and cash in elsewhere. We have too many LHD prospects who look like they will be able to play a 3rd-pair role until Pelech is done. I'm also confident that Lou made it clear that he isn't getting anything long-term here. A mutually beneficial arrangement for this year. If Reilly struggles this year, he'll likely be surpassed on the depth chart anyhow.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Agree on Fasching. He's not a bottom sixer. Plays like he has eggs in his pocket. Give Foudy a shot.
Fasching is fine for a <10 game injection. After that, the shine wears off.

If they can get value out of him for those ~10 games, they will have done well for him. For all we know, that could also be the case with Foudy, Gauthier, Karlstrom, and Wahlstrom but when you combine those five that’s 50 or some games for a 12th forward playing 10 minutes a night.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Fasching is fine for a <10 game injection. After that, the shine wears off.

If they can get value out of him for those ~10 games, they will have done well for him. For all we know, that could also be the case with Foudy, Gauthier, Karlstrom, and Wahlstrom but when you combine those five that’s 50 or some games for a 12th forward playing 10 minutes a night.

And how do you choose which ten games for each? You come up with that and I'll go half on some Powerball tickets . . . :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad