HOH Top 60 Goaltenders of All Time (2024 Edition) - Preliminary Discussion Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How many goalies should make the final list?

• Final list of 60, Round 1 list submission of 80

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • Final list of 80, Round 1 list submission of 100

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
- Ullmark is a very good goalie. I liked him in Buffalo actually. The Vezina overrated him though. It's not the same situation in Ottawa, so it's gonna hurt his numbers (or he's gonna win the Hart). I just don't think he has the shuffle ability to quite deal with how many loose pucks that hang around Ottawa's puddle. He's a zillion times better than Anton Forsberg at least, so his numbers will probably look good by comparison.

In short, he was underrated in Buffalo; overrated in Boston. That's basically a great example of why I'm scared that we end up "rating teams" instead of goalies.

- Giacomin isn't doing that great for me. But I have very limited views. He'll be a focal point tonight.

- I thought about Sorokin. But I felt he didn't have enough seasons to "qualify". He was basically the litmus test for that.

- Not quite to Lumley yet. I think I liked McNeil.

- I think it was very telling how uniform the last project's list was. Folks aren't sure about goaltending, and rightfully so...it's tough. No stats, completely different game basically, heavy team influence...I think we're going to have a lot of overlap again, relatively speaking...

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
I'm trying to finish up my list but I'm a ways off still. Really been enjoying reading the posts on here and reading about the older goalies.

Unfortunately the timing is really bad for me in terms of free time to devote (don't get me wrong, normally I have an excess). Sept - through mid Oct is going to be tough for me to be super active here.

If I can get a list in by the end of Sunday, I'll try my best to participate in a limited way in the first rounds of voting, but no promises at this point. Looking forward to reading the discussion and learning a bunch either way.

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
I found after 65 I ran out of genuinely good goalies.

My back 15 are all guys with things about their game or career or resume I didn't like.

There's only 40 guys in the HHOF, so I guess that's expected.

Maybe we get an update on Sunday on how many lists we've recieved?

Reactions: Dr John Carlson

Professor What

Sep 16, 2020
Gallifrey
I found after 65 I ran out of genuinely good goalies.

My back 15 are all guys with things about their game or career or resume I didn't like.

There's only 40 guys in the HHOF, so I guess that's expected.

Maybe we get an update on Sunday on how many lists we've recieved?
I think the guys I have listed are at least decent. Doesn't mean they're world beaters, but they're not losers either. That said, I think I hit that flawed threshold well before 65. I've got guys in my 40s that I'm not entirely thrilled with.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I was taking a look at my list and realized I listed Kevin Dzurilla :rolleyes:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad