Proposal: Hockey Trade: Kerfoot for ??

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Kerfoot has produced 27 points in 38GP and has a cap hit over 3.5M although his actual dollars owed for the remainder of the contract (1 year after this season) are much less.

I was wondering if there is another LW/C on your team that you'd be interested in trading for Kerfoot.

He's mostly played LW this year but produced pretty well in the playoffs as a 2C for Toronto. All points this season are either ES or short handed as he hasn't been getting any PP time this season

Cheers.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kerfoot has produced 27 points in 38GP and has a cap hit over 3.5M although his actual dollars owed for the remainder of the contract (1 year after this season) are much less.

I was wondering if there is another LW/C on your team that you'd be interested in trading for Kerfoot.

He's mostly played LW this year but produced pretty well in the playoffs as a 2C for Toronto. All points this season are either ES or short handed as he hasn't been getting any PP time this season

Cheers.

Not as "a hockey trade" i.e., Kerf in a vacuum. If you gave me rental deal on Strome, I would deduct from that reasonable for Kerfoot, with play to sell him after this season. Strome grew up Leafs fan and would likely give you better deal than anyone else, incl NYR, who def can not afford him going forward. Strome value = late 1st, a bit better if retained, or equiv in 2nd +. Do you see a deal there?

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019

Cheers.

Why trade Kerfoot for someone who plays the same position?

Kerfoot fits well with the team, he's worth his contract, seems well liked by teammates, and he's playing well. And, like you pointed out, he's been good for Toronto in the playoffs. There's no reason at all to make a change there.

He's not for sale if it's just a similar player coming back. The Leafs are not in a situation where they need change for change's sake.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
He will likely be gone this off-season.
He is owed a 1.9 million Sb. And then 750k for a 3.5 hit.

The only way it would really make sense would be to trade him to make room for a D. Like chych

But the most likely scenario is pay with picks to get a d to play with muzzin. Trade kerfoot for picks at draft.

why would a team not in the playoffs take him now just to pay his bonus. When they can get him for 750k

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He will likely be gone this off-season.
He is owed a 1.9 million Sb. And then 750k for a 3.5 hit.

The only way it would really make sense would be to trade him to make room for a D. Like chych

But the most likely scenario is pay with picks to get a d to play with muzzin. Trade kerfoot for picks at draft.

why would a team not in the playoffs take him now just to pay his bonus. When they can get him for 750k

A team that is a bubble or playoff team that doesn't like their composition of players could have an interest but probably not a seller.

Off-season likely does open up options for more trade partners.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Cheers.

But why? What are you trying to achieve here? What type of player? This makes no sense.

Reactions: SI, banks and Ciao

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
But why? What are you trying to achieve here? What type of player? This makes no sense.

Looking for more of a natural finisher than Kerfoot.

JT, Matthews, 88 can finish in that top 6 but Marner and Kerfoot in the top 6 aren't individual threats.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

JT, Matthews, 88 can finish in that top 6 but Marner and Kerfoot in the top 6 aren't individual threats.

But who are you getting that is a better finisher for similar money? Non-playoff teams won't be interested in trading a finisher for a 27 year old who doesn't move the needle. Playoff teams won't be interested in trading a finisher period.

Reactions: banks and Ciao

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Bunting Kerfoot Mikheyev works as our top 9 LWs and cost a whopping 6m combined.

Why mess around with a top 9 that looks pretty good.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

So who are you targeting then? What are you adding to Kerfoot to get this done?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
So who are you targeting then? What are you adding to Kerfoot to get this done?

Not sure yet. I was hoping to see some names brought forward and then see what needs to be added on either end of the deal.

It isn't going well lol.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Not sure yet. I was hoping to see some names brought forward and then see what needs to be added on either end of the deal.

It isn't going well lol.

Looking at LW, on non-playoff teams, who score more goals than Kerfoot, and don't cost more... you are basically looking at Roope Hintz. That will cost you more than just Kerfoot. Maybe ask about Hakanpaa while you are at it.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Looking at LW, on non-playoff teams, who score more goals than Kerfoot, and don't cost more... you are basically looking at Roope Hintz. That will cost you more than just Kerfoot. Maybe ask about Hakanpaa while you are at it.

Big Hintz fan but that one would cost us a lot lol.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto

It isn't going well lol.
Sometimes I really do wonder if you are catching the differences between a video game and a hockey team?

On a videogame you press buttons at high speeds and get immediate results.

On a hockey team, you invest years of training and player development to build a team of real people who know how to work together and what to expect from each other.

I'm never really a fan of just moving pieces in and moving pieces out in hopes of finding some marginal gains. I look at hockey players as a human resource that benefits from a longer term, team-view approach.

Alex Kerfoot is a skilled, versatile player who is very well known to his teammates and the coaching staff. He is an important part of where the Leafs are now. Nothing you have said remotely suggests that trading him away would benefit the team, and it sort of looks to me like you're trying to press another button on a videogame.

I'm hoping the Leafs will continue to work with the players they have to develop a better, stronger team.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
what I’m saying Kerfoot is hot garbage nobody wants
And what I'm saying is you are out to lunch.

If you would like to watch a few Toronto Maple Leafs' games, they are widely broadcast and I think you might find them rather enjoyable.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Leafs will be looking to add at the deadline not subtract. Maybe they will be happy to part with Ritchie or Dermott, but they are not trading Kerfoot unless he is need to bring back a bigger fish and that team has to have Kerfoot in the deal. Not to mention he is having a career year, and has shown up in the playoffs, he would be exactly the guy we would want to add at the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad