Hockey Cards

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
My girlfriend picked up a package at the post office today and bought me a pack of the Original 6 HHOF Defencemen Hockey Cards/Stamps.

The cards are actually individual souvenier sheet/stamps. Each pack has the full set of 6 players... Each one is a peel off $2.50 stamp but is the size of a hockey card. $15 a pack plus tax... The face value of the stamps.

So the thing is in 1 of 50 of the packs a card is autographed... And I hit an autograph! 2% chance. It was Harry Howell. Too bad it wasn't Bobby Orr... But I already have an Orr auto personally signed... So this adds to my collection of star hockey players autos.

mantis toboggan

Aug 2, 2009
South Jersey
Got one parkhurst box from Walmart as a Christmas present...pulled a jack eichel yg canvas.

So in this 1 parkhurst box and the 2 blasters I've purchased from my local Walmart I've pulled mcdavid, domi, and condon ygs, eichel yg canvas, domi and bennett jumbo yg, and a larkin blue parkhurst card. Just ridiculous luck.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Wife bought me a tin of UD 13/14 Series 1 for Xmas

Didn't pull much value:
YG Jonathan Huberdeau
YG Matt Dumba
YG Sami Vatanen
Canvas Dany Healty
Canvas Tomas Plekanec
MVP Luongo
MVP Crosby
Shining Stars Jimmy Howard
Hockey Heroes Patrick Roy
And a large Patrick Roy MVP card on top of all the packs.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Got an auto signed Tuukka Rask in an MVP Upper Deck 15-16.

Any idea on value? 1:2462 or something.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Got an auto signed Tuukka Rask in an MVP Upper Deck 15-16.

Any idea on value? 1:2462 or something.

Like this? Or one of the base script parallels? If it I'd like the one below that one sold for $20. I thought that was high I was thinking more like $10

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400972502860?_mwBanner=1

Can I somehow order these target boxes online?

I don't think so. They are just clearance items and I haven't seen any at any target I've been to. Just trying to clear out what they have in storage asap I'm sure so they stock what they have on shelves, nothing left to sell online.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Mostly all rookie cards except for a few Gretzkys (2nd and 3rd year), Orr is a RP RC, Bobby Hull last season

002.jpg
003.jpg

013.jpg
014.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

A Shiny Zubat

Lurker
Jan 3, 2011
Darmstadt
Haven't bought a card for 3 or 4 years, this thread is pulling me back in. I pulled out my boxes and rediscovered all the gems I forgot I had.
A Spx Ovi rookie, an 08-09 UD Black Crosby "Pride of a Nation" /10, and two 08-09 the Cup Foundations auto&patch Malkin 3/5 and 4/5.

My personal favorite is a 1911 Imperial Tobacco Don Smith.
I'll get some images up, and maybe I grab a box some something soon, my favorite was Ultimate Collection.

Last edited:

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
That's awesome kingslayer. I almost exclusively collect vintage Rookies, so it's nice seeing these. I'm almost done my 80s RC list, that's my goal for this upcoming year. I'll post some pics when back from vacation.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Quick question:

Does Steve Kampfer have a hockey card out that features the entire Reebok logo from the back of his jersey?

If so, I found the rest of the jersey:

img10945652.jpg

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6146650&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4521&scId=4521

haha Doubtful. Hockey companies tend to use every bit of the jersey once they've cut into it.

Anyone find any good deals on cards over the holidays? I picked up some 2011/12 Series 1 tins from CloutsnChara for $9/tin.

The usual sales on this year's Series 1 didn't happen though. Toys R Us had a 50% off sale last boxing day. My Walmart has a big shelf of the stuff, but all at regular price.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
There was a branding switch in 2011-2012 with Reebok jerseys. Starting in 11-12 they switched from the Reebok logo on the back neck to the swoosh.

My guess would be the Bruins needed a jersey in an emergency for a player, and only had a pre-2012 Reebok jersey with the outdated logo, so they cut off the word mark from that jersey that was linked to in order to sew it over the out dated Reebok logo.

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
He has yet to play an NHL game, Upper Deck can't make a card for him until he does.

upper deck actually has made young guns cards of players who haven't played a nhl game yet. Bibeau has a upper deck young guns card using a picture from a pre season nhl game.William Nylander did play in pre season games this season.

Seider Town

Aug 9, 2014
USA
upper deck actually has made young guns cards of players who haven't played a nhl game yet. Bibeau has a upper deck young guns card using a picture from a pre season nhl game.William Nylander did play in pre season games this season.

There are different rules between skaters and goalies and if they can have a Rookie Card produced.

A skater has to play an actual regular season game while a goalie just has to dress for one. So while Bibeau may not have played an NHL game yet he has dressed for one making him eligible but since he didn't see any ice time UD didn't have any NHL pictures ready and had to use a pre season picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad