Value of: Ho-sang

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Hockey kids in Canada RARELY have trouble in school, at least not from the other kids. He played for the Marlies in the GTHL which basically assures he had a very wealthy upbringing, good chance he's been handed every opportunity on a silver platter.

I'd give him a shot on the Habs nonetheless, he's so skilled it's hard to imagine him not becoming an NHL player. Would probably part with someone like Lernout for him
so correct me if im reading you wrong, in effect youre saying he just thinks he's better than anyone else. isnt that being a spoiled brat? thinking he's entitled to something without earning it?

to me, in that case, trading him is the same as rewarding him for bad behavior

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
So, not much has changed since his Spitfire days? Abundance of skill that gets derailed by his "the world is against me" demeanor.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I'd take him in St. Louis. What would it take? Gunnarsson or Bouwmeester + pick?

Reactions: Tryblot

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I posted a proposal on the Sens board:

Zack Smith + Pittsburgh 1st, 2018
for
Ho-Sang + 3rd 2018

Maybe NYI needs to add another mid/late pick, but I think it's relatively close and could work for both teams.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
with his recent comment about the organisation, it screams a media tactic for a trade without realy asking it. He had attitude problem pre-draft and this doesn’t help. Whats his realistic value on the market?
I would not trade him. He has shown more in his first 40 nhl games then Nino.
We all recall HF armchair GMs insisting Nino was a bust, an unwanted locker room distraction. :sarcasm:
I have been calling for Snow to be fired for a few seasons now because of his very spotty draft record, several bad contracts and lack of on ice success.

Reactions: nystromshairstylist

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Wouldnt take him for free on the Flames.

Pretty much this, hasn’t proven anything in the NHL, his AHL stays are underwhelming for a player who argues he’s being treated unfairly by being there, wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if he’s not in the league still 3 years from now

Also how isn’t this guys agent stepping in and telling him “ don’t touch a mic from a reporter” as every few months there seems to be comments of him complaining of his entitlement

Reactions: Warm Cookies

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Pretty much this, hasn’t proven anything in the NHL, his AHL stays are underwhelming for a player who argues he’s being treated unfairly by being there, wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if he’s not in the league still 3 years from now
he wont be if he doesnt grow up. its a shame because if he got out of his own way he has elite skills, skating speed and vision and instincts, but he just thinks he knows better than anyone else.

You can be confdent and Succeed, but you cant be arrogant about it and demand that everyone else change to suit you like ho sang does. he's been carrying this attitude arround like he's being persecuted unjustly and it keeps him from playing up to his ability

Last edited:

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Bring him to the Bolts;

Ho-Sang/Stamkos/Kucherov

After everything Yzerman went through with St. Louis, DeAngelo, and Drouin I’m pretty sure the last thing he wants is another malcontent with a diva complex. The Islanders should just do what we did with Drouin: play hardball with him, allow him to redeem himself, and then trade him to Montreal for their best prospect.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I agree. This feels like the Nino situation all over again, and Snow has to make a stand instead of caving in and getting a Clutterbuck+bust prospect return. If he complains, tell him his poor attitude going to the press torpedoed his trade value so he'll have to work harder if he wants to play in the NHL, for the Islanders or another team.

Reading your posts are laughable, yesterday you go on some diatribe about how much better the NYI are positioned player and prospects wise than the current players and up and coming prospects on the TML which is why Tavares will be staying. You specifically cite this guy as a core piece moving forward. Not a day later and this.....

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
nt
JHS has 22 pts in 43 career nhl games.
While he has not shown the stronger 2 way play of Barzal or even Beau, I am gonna disagree with your statement that he has not shown anything.

As always, I am amused by the I don't want him, even for free comments. They sound so familiar....cough Nino cough

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Reading your posts are laughable, yesterday you go on some diatribe about how much better the NYI are positioned player and prospects wise than the current players and up and coming prospects on the TML which is why Tavares will be staying. You specifically cite this guy as a core piece moving forward. Not a day later and this.....

Uh, what? I've compared Ho-Sang to Nino, another talented prospect with potential who complained to the press about a lack of playing time.

Christ you Leaf fans love to insult other teams and then hold these stubborn obsessive grudges whenever anyone says anything back. God forbid I think the Islanders have a stronger core moving forward than Toronto, go ahead and keep stalking me for this unacceptable opinion.

Reactions: PWJunior

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Uh, what? I've compared Ho-Sang to Nino, another talented prospect with potential who complained to the press about a lack of playing time.

Christ you Leaf fans love to insult other teams and then hold these stubborn obsessive grudges whenever anyone says anything back. God forbid I think the Islanders have a stronger core moving forward than Toronto, go ahead and keep stalking me for this unacceptable opinion.
dont worry codee, they havent won anything of substance for more than 50 years, most of them werent even alive to see their last Stanley cup unlike you and I

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
dont worry codee, they havent won anything of substance for more than 50 years, most of them werent even alive to see their last Stanley cup unlike you and I

Sadly I wasn't born when the Isles won their last Cup, really want to see one with my one two eyes instead of grainy youtube footage.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
JHS has 22 pts in 43 career nhl games.
While he has not shown the stronger 2 way play of Barzal or even Beau, I am gonna disagree with your statement that he has not shown anything.

As always, I am amused by the I don't want him, even for free comments. They sound so familiar....cough Nino cough

Did people really say that about Nino, though? From what I recall, the consensus was bashing Snow because of how he handled Niederreiter. Nino was doing well in the AHL, didn't get a call up, then got frustrated.

This case is a bit different because Ho-Sang's got a rep for being like this. Apart from that single incident with being upset about not being called up, I don't recall Nino -- before or since -- being seen as some sort of malcontent.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Did people really say that about Nino, though? From what I recall, the consensus was bashing Snow because of how he handled Niederreiter. Nino was doing well in the AHL, didn't get a call up, then got frustrated.

This case is a bit different because Ho-Sang's got a rep for being like this. Apart from that single incident with being upset about not being called up, I don't recall Nino -- before or since -- being seen as some sort of malcontent.

Nino's problem wasn't being stuck in the AHL like Ho-Sang. Snow kept him on the main roster in a low-minute 4th line role with Marty Reasoner and some other trash veteran (Jay Pandolfo?) because the bonuses from his rookie ELC contract kept the Islanders over the salary cap. Nino didn't like the fact he was playing enforcer minutes.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Nino's problem wasn't being stuck in the AHL like Ho-Sang. Snow kept him on the main roster in a low-minute 4th line role with Marty Reasoner and some other trash veteran (Jay Pandolfo?) because the bonuses from his rookie ELC contract kept the Islanders over the salary cap. Nino didn't like the fact he was playing enforcer minutes.

But he didn't demand a trade until the following year, where he played the entire year in the AHL, put up points, but then was passed over for promotion sometime around the 40 or 50 game mark.

He was near a point per game in the AHL at that point, got angry about not being called up, then had a pretty mediocre finish to his season before asking for his trade.

I don't recall (not saying it didn't happen, just that I don't recall reading anything about it) him having an issue with the Isles until that second season when he played in the AHL and thought he deserved a promotion to the NHL about midway through.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
this is the dumb **** i don't understand. a number is a number, there is nothing more to it, he isn't wearing it to disrespect anybody.
A number is not just a number in this case. #66 is as universally associated with Lemieux as #99 is with Gretzky. The kid has a huge ego to choose that number. His ego is writing cheques his talent can’t cash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad