GDT: Training Camp discussion - Camp now open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Also, people keep telling me that Reaves will deter dirty plays, but Tavares got injured off a questionable hit by a goon last game, doesn't seem like people care.
It’s still hockey, it would be unreasonable to expect nothing like that to happen. But when another team takes liberties they need to answer the bell. It’s an insurance policy. When you need it, you don’t want to be without it. And when he is on he brings energy, good forecheck, and can change momentum.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
It’s still hockey, it would be unreasonable to expect nothing like that to happen. But when another team takes liberties they need to answer the bell. It’s an insurance policy. When you need it, you don’t want to be without it. And when he is on he brings energy, good forecheck, and can change momentum.

They didn't answer anything.

Reaves has fought him many times too, but didn't in this situation.

If no one said that Reaves deterred people, I wouldn't care, it is a talking point about why he is needed, but he is not a deterrent.

He normally brings bad energy, that's the issue, getting scored against is not uplifting.

If you want the hard forecheck and energy, bring in someone who can keep up with the play and is good defensively, I don't mind a 4th line that is an energy line, but not sure Reaves is the answer.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If one of my coworkers was being featured on an Amazon series, I'm pretty sure I would watch. I think most people would.
lol sure but are they regularly on tv ?

It’s kind of like expecting them to watch their highlights when they get home after a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: bax and Evilhomer

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
I have my own theory on this. After the Hab playoff loss I think he bought into Keefes playoff hockey playbook. Playing on the defensive side of the puck Limit turnovers don’t take risks. And that is what he did. The problem is that doing this takes away everything that makes Marner elite. He is best when he just reacts and tries plays most won’t even consider even if a few end up in turnovers. Safe Marner is a fraction of the player.

That doesn’t explain losing almost every puck battle and throwing the puck away like a live hand grenade. Berube needs to play him with a virtual bodyguard to protect him. Otherwise he’s useless in the playoffs.

Reactions: Niagara Bill

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I may watch it at some point as it can be fun to see the behind the scenes of different NHL teams, but I certainly wouldn't be focused on it if I was preparing for an NHL season, and already lived through it all in person. The idea that Nylander cares if somebody watches some silly show, or that it reflects at all on leadership or character, is hilarious.

I think everybody else understood that scoring referred to points in this context. The rest of what you said is simply incorrect.
I think you need to update your operating system

• Haha
Reactions: Enniskillen

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
He seems a little different this year. He’s always seemed uncomfortable in front of the mic and says things that he shouldn’t, but this year he seems a little more calculated and intentional.

His comment and mannerism answering the question about the upcoming Amazon show was odd, and if he was in a tough media market he would been drilled after that comment.
You need to be watched.

Am I a mod?
Short for model? I could see it.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Yea lol sure but are they regularly on tv ?

It’s kind of like expecting them to watch their highlights when they get home after a game.
Not the same context really.

Either way, the smart answer would have been "I'll probably give it a look"
But Mitch and smart answers are that well acquainted

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
Lol, if Nylander said something similar about any hypothetical marner’s tv show, obviously he is not worth one yet according to amazon, same people would piss themselves with righteous rage. Hypocrisy is rampant around here.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Not the same context really.

Either way, the smart answer would have been "I'll probably give it a look"
But Mitch and smart answers are that well acquainted
You're criticizing him for not giving your preferred answer, which you claim is the smart answer. Then, question his intelligence for not giving your preferred answer, which you claim is the smart answer.

Thank you for clearing up the context.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad