Value of: Ho-sang

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
with his recent comment about the organisation, it screams a media tactic for a trade without realy asking it. He had attitude problem pre-draft and this doesn’t help. Whats his realistic value on the market?

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I would give the Oilers 3rd round pick + conditional 2019 5th if he plays 40 games.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Poirier, Shinkaruk, or Klimchuk? Maybe Kylington but I dunno I think he's going to be better than Ho-sang, he's improved pretty well in the AHL.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
With any luck, Snow is fired.

I do NOT want to see Ho-Sang traded.
id rather see ho sang shot first

ho sangs issues are in no way related to snow

ho sang is a spoiled brat.

he should keep his opinions to himself, it is not his job to detemine who is accountable and who is not. if I was a manager id tell him hes staying in bridgeport and he'll receive a qualifying offer until hes 27 and staying in bridgeport

im shocked that this young mans parents havent told him Josh shut your mouth and dont comment on things that dont concern you

his comment are just another attempt at him not taking responsibility for his own failure to grow up and act like a professional and an adult

its actions like this that makes me hope snow is extended

its Always someone elses fault with Ho sang

dont trade him, do qualify him, and let him rot in the minors until he learns to be responsible for his own actions

Last edited:

rent free

Apr 6, 2015

he should keep his opinions to himself, it is not his job to detemine who is accountable and who is not. if I was a manager id tell him hes staying in bridgeport and he'll receive a qualifying offer until hes 27 and staying in bridgeport

im shocked yrhat this young mans parents havent told him Josh shut your mouth and dont comment on things that dont concern you

his comment are just another attempt at him not taking responsibility for his own failure to grow up and act like a professional and an adult

dont trade him, do qualify him, and let him rot in the minors until he learns to be responsible for his own actions
so you want garth to be extended because ho-sang can't shut his mouth?

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

im shocked yrhat this young mans parents havent told him Josh shut your mouth and dont comment on things that dont concern you

I agree. This feels like the Nino situation all over again, and Snow has to make a stand instead of caving in and getting a Clutterbuck+bust prospect return. If he complains, tell him his poor attitude going to the press torpedoed his trade value so he'll have to work harder if he wants to play in the NHL, for the Islanders or another team.

Reactions: dood

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I'd rather hold onto him but if he ends up demanding a trade, Flames offer isn't bad. Best bet is a change of scenery trade for both teams. With our luck, Garth will trade him for a plug and a 4th.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
The whole #66 thing rubs me the wrong way. Kid has way to much ego. I wouldn’t really be interested in acquiring him

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I agree. This feels like the Nino situation all over again, and Snow has to make a stand instead of caving in and getting a Clutterbuck+bust prospect return. If he complains, tell him his poor attitude going to the press torpedoed his trade value so he'll have to work harder if he wants to play in the NHL, for the Islanders or another team.

agreed, I wonder what kind of parents this kid had. i know it was an inter-racial marriage so maybe Ho Sang dealt with issues in school or wherever, but its no reason to question authority if you want to succeed in any profession ad he has done this time and again. and its always someone else fault

the difference between he and barzal is that barzal is extremely confident in himself and says so, but he never makes excuses, his attitude is Ill just work harder and show you I belong here

Reactions: dood

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
its no reason to question authority if you want to succeed in any profession ad he has done this time and again. and its always someone else fault

“I do have things I need to work on down here, my game is far from perfect. It can constantly improve. But I do think a lot of the stuff was unwarranted, especially in terms of the rope that other people were given. I understand I have a history and that might be a factor. I don’t know. But it’s frustrating to me.”

“Obviously a lot more people found out about my mistake than other people’s daily ones, but I definitely take ownership,” Ho-Sang said at the time. “I don’t think there’s anyone to blame… it’s embarrassing.”

"Look, if you’re going to send me down because of defence, it’d be nice to see other people be held accountable. That’s all."

Thee's nothing there that puts fault on anyone else. He just thinks it's unfair that he's held to a different standard than the rest of the team. What's the worst thing that happens by speaking up? He gets to play for a different organization? That's not exactly punishment at this point.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
agreed, I wonder what kind of parents this kid had. i know it was an inter-racial marriage so maybe Ho Sang dealt with issues in school or wherever, but its no reason to question authority if you want to succeed in any profession ad he has done this time and again. and its always someone else fault

Hockey kids in Canada RARELY have trouble in school, at least not from the other kids. He played for the Marlies in the GTHL which basically assures he had a very wealthy upbringing, good chance he's been handed every opportunity on a silver platter.

I'd give him a shot on the Habs nonetheless, he's so skilled it's hard to imagine him not becoming an NHL player. Would probably part with someone like Lernout for him

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
“I do have things I need to work on down here, my game is far from perfect. It can constantly improve. But I do think a lot of the stuff was unwarranted, especially in terms of the rope that other people were given. I understand I have a history and that might be a factor. I don’t know. But it’s frustrating to me.”

“Obviously a lot more people found out about my mistake than other people’s daily ones, but I definitely take ownership,” Ho-Sang said at the time. “I don’t think there’s anyone to blame… it’s embarrassing.”

"Look, if you’re going to send me down because of defence, it’d be nice to see other people be held accountable. That’s all."

Thee's nothing there that puts fault on anyone else. He just thinks it's unfair that he's held to a different standard than the rest of the team. What's the worst thing that happens by speaking up? He gets to play for a different organization? That's not exactly punishment at this point.
there definitely is

"But I do think a lot of the stuff was unwarranted, especially in terms of the rope that other people were given."

it is 100% not his job to make those determinations its tantamount to saying to the GM : "why are you picking on me when everyone else is just as guilty as I am"

news flash child, do what Barzal did, Go down use it as motivation and let your play do the talking and not your mouth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad