GDT: HNIC: Rangers visit Toronto - 10/19/24 - 7PM EST SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Imagine getting mad at Nylander for a perfectly good pass that a wide open Tavares missed.

oh boy we clearly don't have the same definition of perfectly good pass... It was a trash pass and you try to tell its a great pass...

Im agree JT this season is pretty bad but that play was 100% Nylander, i would be Matthews and i dont think leafs would kept the puck after his pass

Reactions: ACC1224

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
oh boy we clearly don't have the same definition of perfectly good pass... It was a trash pass and you try to tell its a great pass...

Im agree JT this season is pretty bad but that play was 100% Nylander, i would be Matthews and i dont think leafs would kept the puck after his pass
doesn't tavares have "elite hands"

the pass was not the greatest, but easily could've caught it and knocked it down

another thing tavares can't do, can't wait for him to go away

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
doesn't tavares have "elite hands"

the pass was not the greatest, but easily could've caught it and knocked it down

another thing tavares can't do, can't wait for him to go away

could have been knocked down but would not mean leafs would be able to bring the puck back... it was a pretty bad pass like 3 second after the timeout with no pressure on him...

I just think put the blame the player who not be able to repair his teamate mistake is a little bit stupid...

But like i said, JT have a pretty trash start this season, i can blame him for a lot of thing but not that play.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Nylander played well tonight, if it wasn’t the greatest pass, so be it. Tavares is a waste of space

im agree hes trash this season, i just dont understand why people focusing on JT on this speciic play when it was all Nylander...

Luke i said in a earlier post, i can blame jt for a lot of reason this season but the dmpty net goal is not one of them.

Mar 26, 2010
The Leafs got hammered tonight. They looked like a Pee-wee House league team against the New York Rangers. This team just does not have enough to hang with the good teams in the league.

Sure they will beat the crap teams like the Los Angeles Kings and the teams that the Edmonton Oilers get a free pass with every season, but they ain’t good enough to compete in the Atlantic.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
im agree hes trash this season, i just dont understand why people focusing on JT on this speciic play when it was all Nylander...

Luke i said in a earlier post, i can blame jt for a lot of reason this season but the dmpty net goal is not one of them.
You go out of your way to bash Nylander, give it a rest. Even if it wasn’t the greatest pass, he played really well tonight and is entitled to make a small mistake, if it even was one

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
You go out of your way to bash Nylander, give it a rest. Even if it wasn’t the greatest pass, he played really well tonight and is entitled to make a small mistake, if it even was one

Its not bashing a player telling he made a terrible pass 3 second in the final rush, that's just what's happened... It was a bad play, that's it...end of the story. Leafs doesn't lost on thst play but because they had not been good enough for 58minutes...

What i dont understand is why people just talking about JT on that specific play like it was his mistake.

I'm totally fine to criticate JT right now but that should be for his mistake and what he did, not for someone else mistake... That's all i saying

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
The Leafs got hammered tonight. They looked like a Pee-wee House league team against the New York Rangers. This team just does not have enough to hang with the good teams in the league.

Sure they will beat the crap teams like the Los Angeles Kings and the teams that the Edmonton Oilers get a free pass with every season, but they ain’t good enough to compete in the Atlantic.

What the hell game did you watch?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

At least pretend to respond to what I say.

I didn't say "great pass". But it was a good pass to a wide open player who flubbed it.

But as I said earlier, Nylander's fault for even thinking of passing to JT - the only viable excuse would be if he thought it was someone else.

Reactions: arso40

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

You could also put some of the blame on OEL for following Willy (the first man back) into the corner instead of staying in the slot.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
There are only two posters who have tried to blame Nylander for that play, and they are the two posters who seem to have the biggest dislike for him.

Sad really.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I've seen enough from Knies to say he should play PP1

Get tavares the f*** off, he can't keep up
Tavares has some really special treatment from this organization.

He has to play so unbearably terrible to get demoted and even when he does, the demotion barely lasts a game and Tavares is back up and getting carried by Nylander or Marner. It's starting to get really f***ing annoying now because his game is deteriorating rapidly now.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
At least pretend to respond to what I say.

I didn't say "great pass". But it was a good pass to a wide open player who flubbed it.

But as I said earlier, Nylander's fault for even thinking of passing to JT - the only viable excuse would be if he thought it was someone else.

it was not even close to be a good pass, he completly missed his pass...It was Nylander fault to make a pretty bad pass, that's it

You could also put some of the blame on OEL for following Willy (the first man back) into the corner instead of staying in the slot.

You could blame matthews for his coverong, nylander for his lack of combativity in the corner on kreider by slowing down and gave him all time of the world to do what he want. You can blame OEL for sure... But everything started with a missed pass you tried to convert for i dont know wich reason for a good pass...

He tried a play and missed it... that's it... sure when you trying to do something, you're at risk to make mistake...

But like i said, leafs didn't lost because of that play, they lost because they was not good enough 1st 58 and had bee in position they need to score with an empty net goal...

Last edited:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
it was not even close to be a good pass, he completly missed his pass...It was Nylander fault to make a pretty bad pass, that's it

You could blame matthews for his coverong, nylander for his lack of combativity in the corner on kreider by slowing down and gave him all time of the world to do what he want. You can blame OEL for sure... But everything started with a missed pass you tried to convert for i dont know wich reason for a good pass...
There was nothing wrong with the pass except the reception (or lack thereof) and your repeating the falsehood doesn't make it true.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
There was nothing wrong with the pass except the reception (or lack thereof) and your repeating the falsehood doesn't make it true.
It was a terrible pass. And the receiver should have been able to do something with it. Both things can be true.

** MODS - can you lock this thread please? The game is long over.

Reactions: ACC1224

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Tavares has some really special treatment from this organization.

He has to play so unbearably terrible to get demoted and even when he does, the demotion barely lasts a game and Tavares is back up and getting carried by Nylander or Marner. It's starting to get really f***ing annoying now because his game is deteriorating rapidly now.
This is likely his last season, he's been stripped of the C, and dropped to the third line - we can leave him a bit of PP time for a while.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
It was a terrible pass. And the receiver should have been able to do something with it. Both things can be true.

** MODS - can you lock this thread please? The game is long over.
I'm not sure why a few people think it was a terrible pass - it hit his stick when he was wide open. It's not as though it was two feet off the ice or he had to reach for it or he was covered.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I'm not sure why a few people think it was a terrible pass - it hit his stick when he was wide open. It's not as though it was two feet off the ice or he had to reach for it or he was covered.
It was bouncing and rolling and slow... it was a tough puck to deal with, less than ideal. He was never going to be able to do anything with it, other than move it along. That being said, he HAD to to something with it even if it was a shite puck.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
It was bouncing and rolling and slow... it was a tough puck to deal with, less than ideal. He was never going to be able to do anything with it, other than move it along. That being said, he HAD to to something with it even if it was a shite puck.

exactly but at the end, leafs don't lost on that play but because they wasn't enough good to convert their scoring chance sooner i the game. Its whats really hurt leafs tonight and nothing else.

The only thing i wanted to say was just not blaming the guy who not been able to repair a previous mistake... but at the end this play just taking too much credit for nothing

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
You really can't expect a better performance than tonight. We have done everything
Reality is Shesh is just on God level right now
Tonight's effort was good, I've really got no complaints. I also believe getting an actual 2c will help this team immensely as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad