Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Just consider this…where’s our win? Lol

• Winnipeg is 4-0-0 and has outscored its opponents 18-5.
  • Calgary, too, is 4-0-0, and has nearly doubled up in outscoring its opponents, 19-10. The Penguins have not won in Calgary since Dec. 17, 2019.
  • Edmonton could be just as desperate as the Penguins, if not more so, after a 2-3-0 start, and there’s always the dynamic of Crosby and Malkin against Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl. McDavid just notched his first goal, in the Oilers’ fifth game, Thursday. The Penguins last won at Edmonton on Dec. 20, 2019 and have not beaten the Oilers since a game at home Feb. 13, 2019.
  • Vancouver is 1-1-2 and also looking for its footing. The Penguins will be playing for the second consecutive night, with travel from Edmonton, while the Canucks will have been off since Tuesday.
And because it makes no logical sense, they'll go 3-0-1

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Just consider this…where’s our win? Lol

• Winnipeg is 4-0-0 and has outscored its opponents 18-5.
  • Calgary, too, is 4-0-0, and has nearly doubled up in outscoring its opponents, 19-10. The Penguins have not won in Calgary since Dec. 17, 2019.
  • Edmonton could be just as desperate as the Penguins, if not more so, after a 2-3-0 start, and there’s always the dynamic of Crosby and Malkin against Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl. McDavid just notched his first goal, in the Oilers’ fifth game, Thursday. The Penguins last won at Edmonton on Dec. 20, 2019 and have not beaten the Oilers since a game at home Feb. 13, 2019.
  • Vancouver is 1-1-2 and also looking for its footing. The Penguins will be playing for the second consecutive night, with travel from Edmonton, while the Canucks will have been off since Tuesday.
Applying logic to the Pens is a dangerous game.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012

First, Puljujarvi is better on his off wing than Puustinen is, no shocker that Sullivan is a moron that doesn't see that. But Beauvillier, what the actual f***.

So Sullivan in practice has Bunting basically primed to be a healthy scratch but Beauvillier is still with Sid and Rust.

That trio is one of the worst first lines in the NHL.

Sullivan needs to f*** off yesterday. This is just ridiculous.

Applying logic to the Pens is a dangerous game.
Applying any sort of logic to the Penguins under this coach's leadership is lunacy.

Update on top speeds. Glass is surprising.

Crosby 93

Malkin >50

Letang >50

EK 58

Rust 65

Beauvillier 78

Rakell 52

Bunting >50

Eller 73

Puljujarvi 95

DOC 60

Glass 79

Hayes 54

Acciari >50

MP 60

Graves >50

Grzlecky >50
They actually record this stat? Do you have a link? It'd be an interesting one to keep tabs on if we ever see anyone called up and can track more players.

Reactions: Giskard

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's just so f***ing weird how Sullivan seems to be completely immune to criticism. They're not even pressuring him to change shit, let alone putting his job at risk.

Also Bunting's been hot traaaaaash dude. They could dump that guy tomorrow and bring up Poulin or something and I don't think the team would be any worse--and I say this as someone who thinks Poulin's a nothingmancer.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017

First, Puljujarvi is better on his off wing than Puustinen is, no shocker that Sullivan is a moron that doesn't see that. But Beauvillier, what the actual f***.

So Sullivan in practice has Bunting basically primed to be a healthy scratch but Beauvillier is still with Sid and Rust.

That trio is one of the worst first lines in the NHL.

Sullivan needs to f*** off yesterday. This is just ridiculous.

Applying any sort of logic to the Penguins under this coach's leadership is lunacy.

They actually record this stat? Do you have a link? It'd be an interesting one to keep tabs on if we ever see anyone called up and can track more players.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
It's just so f***ing weird how Sullivan seems to be completely immune to criticism. They're not even pressuring him to change shit, let alone putting his job at risk.

Also Bunting's been hot traaaaaash dude. They could dump that guy tomorrow and bring up Poulin or something and I don't think the team would be any worse--and I say this as someone who thinks Poulin's a nothingmancer.
I am neither here nor there about Bunting. I think if a player struggles you try him in different usage and if it continues, you healthy scratch the player.

Beauvillier however has been swamp ass and remains in the line up, with Sid. Meanwhile Sid is awful right now with Beauvillier and Rust with his overall game. He's giving the puck away like he wants the other team to win. Beauvillier should also be a healthy scratch.

And you know what I would call up Poulin with how he's playing and put him with Eller and Puustinen.

Rakell, Crosby, Rust
O'Connor, Malkin, Puljujarvi
Poulin, Eller, Puustinen
Hayes, Glass, Acciari

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
lol so glad we got a roster player back for jake
He's been ass but I also don't get how you don't try him with Eller (with Puustinen) or Sid first before you decide to healthy scratch him and somehow Beauvillier is exempt from also being ass.

Bunting played Sid in that two headed monster shift. Once. Then with Eller and JP and was awful, but he was better with Glass and Acciari.

So with Sid on a normal line - no.
Ellers line - yes, it was bad.
Glass' line - yes, he was a lot better.
Geno's line - he hasn't hurt it defensively but offensively he helps control the shots just zero production.

I mean you maybe try him with Sid And Rust first before the scratch, Beauvillier though, this spastic dipshit can be ass all he wants and gets no criticism from the coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad