Post-Game Talk: HNIC - Leafs WIN the home opener!!!

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017

I know some live and die by these stats but I think this shows you probably shouldn't do that. Pretty obvious the entire team has looked pretty damn good and I think that includes Robertson and Holmberg. Production should come soon imo.

If Ryan Reaves is at the top of the list, you can toss the list. No offence to him.

I've actually liked Holmberg, probably more as a winger or 4C.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
If Ryan Reaves is at the top of the list, you can toss the list. No offence to him.

I've actually liked Holmberg, probably more as a winger or 4C.
He’s lived in their end, I can’t recall one shift of that line hemmed in? Terrrority wise, pure domination so far. Let him have his props.

Reactions: bax and arso40

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I’d think Keefe would want to beat the team that fired him but maybe he doesn’t have that fire, which would explain the past. You know something like it’s just another game guys so now go out and have some fun.

My assumption as more like he'd want to win every game but wouldn't take a loss to the Leafs any harder than a loss to any other team. As For competitiveness, I think he'd definitely want to take NJ further in the playoffs than the Leafs go.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Pretty start:

IMG_1637.jpeg

IMG_1637.jpeg
IMG_1636.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1639.jpeg
    IMG_1639.jpeg
    575.9 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Dave92

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2019
I wonder if any of the players, coaches, or front offices people care about winning those games more than winning any other games. My own suspicion is that it's just some fans.
Guarantee Shanny wants to beat Dubas. And Nylander wants to beat Keefe.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
From 1st 3 game, we already see a huge difference in the defensive side.

Leafs are much better defensively and much better to protect lead. Yeah goalie did good job but the guy in front had been pretty solid overal... They give up basically nothing to Pit outside of Rakell goal all 3rd period and was the same thing vs NJ. If Toronto become better to keep their lead, they will be much harder to beat in playoff.
Agreed. 5 min. left in the game and they had no trouble killing the clock.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Amazing what a decent sized mobile Blue line can do.

We are stopping cycles quickly, and our D pairs can break out to the neutral zone with ease.
OEL and Tanev - absolute studs so far...

Toronto hasn't had this type of D in forever. ( Dubas era suckage )

Its only 3 games in. Chemistry and new coach systems still haven't set in.
I'm looking at Reilly to get better and improve as now he can take a back seat and play D instead of trying to mimic Nylander.

So far some simpler ABC type plays from the core... VS the dipsy doodling

Stolarz is solid in net. Lets see if Hilde can earn a backup spot, cause Woll has Osteoporosis at the age of 26. Someone get him some MILK!

GO LEAFS GOO

Reactions: arso40

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I didn't hate Dubas. But man did he ever bungle the goaltending position here. I'm so sick of the goalie carousel. I really hope the long-term answer is in the organization.

So far Stolarz has looked like a 1B guy. Very happy with the start to his season. Will the other half be Woll?

Reactions: arso40

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Still early but I think this may just be the best Leaf team we have seen in years. Goalie and D depth for sure. I didn’t like the OEL contract but the eye test believes I was wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad