GDT: HNIC - Flames vs. Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
Well this got ugly fast.

In other news, there's a Flames game tonight.

I'll say 4-2 Flames, Sven 2x, Hudler and Money puts in the EN for the vMoney.

Haha, its all your fault :sarcasm:

I'll go with the same score; Sven, Jones, Gio and vMonahan

Last edited:

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Just a quick question for you guys, have the Flames played Engelland at forward at all this year? I know the contract is a bit of a point of contention, but he might actually be a better forward than defenseman, he scored 6 goals last year on the Pens' horrendous 4th line.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Just a quick question for you guys, have the Flames played Engelland at forward at all this year? I know the contract is a bit of a point of contention, but he might actually be a better forward than defenseman, he scored 6 goals last year on the Pens' horrendous 4th line.

He's been on the bottom pairing D.

Thing is, without him we have virtually no physicality from the back end. Haven't had a hard hitting D since Regehr and Phaneuf

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Glad to hear he's doing well for you guys, he's been a favorite of mine since he was with Wilkes-Barre.

He's another guy who was a victim of Bylsma's bizarre ideas, along with Bortuzzo and Despres. Instructed not to fight, benched for sticking up for teammates, etc.

Steven

May 10, 2009
I'm probably in the minority, but I haven't liked his game too much. Not specifically him, but the Smid-Engelland pairing in general. Seems like they constantly end up hemmed in their own zone and hopelessly chasing the puck around. I think the issue is that they basically play the same game. Both hard-hitting, stay at home guys, but inefficient puck-movers. I'd really like to see a more offensive-minded bottom-pairing guy brought in and tried with one of the other. They've both got pretty rotten advanced stats too.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Kinda off topic, but does anyone know of any outdoor rinks open in the S.E. yet?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm probably in the minority, but I haven't liked his game too much. Not specifically him, but the Smid-Engelland pairing in general. Seems like they constantly end up hemmed in their own zone and hopelessly chasing the puck around. I think the issue is that they basically play the same game. Both hard-hitting, stay at home guys, but inefficient puck-movers. I'd really like to see a more offensive-minded bottom-pairing guy brought in and tried with one of the other. They've both got pretty rotten advanced stats too.

They certainly are our third-best pairing. But it seems to be for the best to have a top-4 and a bottom pairing rather than a top-pairing and two secondary pairings. The former strategy has given us better results by far.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
correct2answer.gif
This is ME rn

Steven

May 10, 2009
Not sure if I should take full credit for this or apologize to Money Baer for derailing his first GDT

:dunno:

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Going to the game. Grew up a Sens and Flames fan but then last year at the Flames vs Sens game I realized I only wanted the Flames to do good, and wearing a Sens jersey seemed wrong. I am now strictly a Flames fan and for the first time in the last 8 or so Sens vs Flames games I will be attending in a Flames jersey.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Wait, it's an 8PM START? :( Danggit...I don't even get to see the opening...stupid night shift :(
Go Flames Go! and all that. I hope the JO-BA-BY line does well.
(If you decipher the JO-BA-BY, all the internet moneyz)
((Not really))

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Not sure if I should take full credit for this or apologize to Money Baer for derailing his first GDT

:dunno:

Seriously, what's your problem!! :laugh:

Glad I could make it back in time for the game! I'm going with a 5 -2 Flames win! :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad