Half-Assed GDT: Blues Vs Jackets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
The biggest question I have in my mind is Who will center the 3rd line to start the season?
I am having a hard time believing that Faksa isn't 4C. RT is 1C, Buch seems to be the 2C, blank spot and Faksa 4C.

It might end up being Texier or Holloway. Or an outside shot at Schenn to the delight of many on this forum.

Reactions: blueper

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
Blues apparantly have been trying out Texier at center during camp so that's something we might see at one of the next pre season game
Yesterday at practice they had Texier on Faksa's wing with Joseph. They had moved Holloway onto the wing with McGing at C and Saad at the other wing.
I took it as a good sign that they moved Holloway off of Faksa's wing and had him with Saad for at least one practice.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Are we sure we want to sign Alexandrov? We have 2 NHL centers on the roster and he isn't close to earning a spot. I'd rather have Walker in there.

I would prefer Kariya come out of retirement to play C for us than to ever see Alexandrov again.

As for Victory+. I am unable to watch it even though I live in the Blues viewing area because I use Starlink and the ground station it uses is based in Chicago so the internet thinks I'm in Chicago.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Yesterday at practice they had Texier on Faksa's wing with Joseph. They had moved Holloway onto the wing with McGing at C and Saad at the other wing.
I took it as a good sign that they moved Holloway off of Faksa's wing and had him with Saad for at least one practice.

Looked it up where I read it. Apparantly it was from a piece from Korac:

The Blues had Texier on a wing when camp opened with Zach Dean and Alexey Toropchenko but on Monday, he was centering Brandon Saad and Jakub Stancl, a project that sounds familiar, kind of the one they're experimenting with another multi-faceted skater, Pavel Buchnevich.

"I think that's a conversation that we could probably have," Bannister said of Texier playing center. "I don't want to jump the gun too early and say it is something we're looking at but it certainly is an option and something that I want to make sure he's comfortable with too if we decide to do that."

Seems like it is still an option, but they're still trying different things out, so who knows.

Reactions: Celtic Note

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
Looked it up where I read it. Apparantly it was from a piece from Korac:

The Blues had Texier on a wing when camp opened with Zach Dean and Alexey Toropchenko but on Monday, he was centering Brandon Saad and Jakub Stancl, a project that sounds familiar, kind of the one they're experimenting with another multi-faceted skater, Pavel Buchnevich.

"I think that's a conversation that we could probably have," Bannister said of Texier playing center. "I don't want to jump the gun too early and say it is something we're looking at but it certainly is an option and something that I want to make sure he's comfortable with too if we decide to do that."

Seems like it is still an option, but they're still trying different things out, so who knows.
I agree. They are trying things out. This morning they had Holloway take some reps at center in a drill. He was between Saad and Lafrierre.
I think everyone knows that there is no obvious choice for 3C on this roster. So, yeah, they will definitely be trying a bunch of combos.
I don't think we can read too much from what they are doing in practice.
Dvorsky centered Bolduc and Kapenen, but like I said I don't think any of this means much yet.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
This squad of Blues players show very low effort, same bunch of p***yes that don’t stand up for teammates that we’ve seen for years now…

Ughhh what a complete waste of time
To be expected, they have not rid themselves of the cancers that plague the locker room still.

I would not put my health on the line either for some of those jokers if I was on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad