U18: Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2024

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I thought Canada was better in first but we can compete. I would have been thrilled if it was 1-0.. but Canada got the final minute dagger on us (beauty goal) and it is now uphill and our chances are slim.

Having said that.. we trailed US and won. We trailed Germany and won. We trailed Sweden and won.

Canada 2 goals
Czechs 3 posts

Game of.inches

Foot on our throat right now

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Canada clearly better in that period but the Czechs showed enough that this is still very much a game despite the two goal gap. If Czechs score the next goal it's still likely very competitive, if not then it's likely over.

Reactions: jj cale

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
I've never understood why the refs / linemen do not remove the broken sticks when the play is live.
They got other things to do. If a stick is near and there’s no chance it’s gonna cause me to miss my job, I’ll pick it up, but rarely will I go out of my way to get a stick.

Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
They got other things to do. If a stick is near and there’s no chance it’s gonna cause me to miss my job, I’ll pick it up, but rarely will I go out of my way to get a stick.
Touché.

Those stupid sticks. $500 a pop and they break in a blink.

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Another p.p for Czechs you have to figure if they don't score on this one................................

But they get this late in the 2nd it can swing the game.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Canada is so strong defensively.

Another p.p for Czechs you have to figure if they don't score on this one................................

But they get this late in the 2nd it can swing the game.
Nope! :)

Edit : Wow. For a moment, I was worried I'd spoke too soon.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
I've said it already, but Schaefer has been fantastic this game. So much to love as a prospect, he really does it all, and he's super young for his draft class. PK, PP, in-zone defense, transition defense, breakouts, and transition offense are all strengths. I'm not sure I can see a team taking him over a potential 1C like Hagens, but 2OA seems well within reach.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Canada is so strong defensively.

Nope! :)
;)

Damn fine period from Canada, great forechecking and backchecking, on top of it. One quibble I have is they aren't creating enough offensive chances but they are in control and we talked about their offense not being blow you away.

I've said it already, but Schaefer has been fantastic this game. So much to love as a prospect, he really does it all, and he's super young for his draft class. I'm not sure I can see a team taking him over a potential 1C like Hagens, but 2OA seems well within reach.
He's a force out there, such a strong skater and knows how to play.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I've said it already, but Schaefer has been fantastic this game. So much to love as a prospect, he really does it all, and he's super young for his draft class. PK, PP, in-zone defense, transition defense, breakouts, and transition offense are all strengths. I'm not sure I can see a team taking him over a potential 1C like Hagens, but 2OA seems well within reach.
I'm wondering how he compares to the highly touted 2024 D class

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
4 posts and 0 for 3 on PP are my two big takeaways.

Canada has been excellent defensively

Ivankovic has been great

Feels like Canada's game to lose at this point. They hold all the cards right now.

I did like our 2nd period but we need to score 1 before Canada scores 3.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
;)

Damn fine period from Canada, great forechecking and backchecking, on top of it. One quibble I have is they aren't creating enough offensive chances but they are in control and we talked about their offense not being blow you away.

He's a force out there, such a strong skater and knows how to play.
I've watched every game and at no time have I worried we might lose. This team is always in control - even though we are not an offensive powerhouse.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Only way I can see it if a team like San José finshes last again; they already have their centre position locked up 1-2; if they were to go away from a centre I would take Schaeffer over Martone

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Down 2-0 to Canada in a gold game is like having a crush on a girl and being put in the friend zone.lol
Please elaborate on in what way these two things are similar... I'm genuinely so confused.

I'm wondering how he compares to the highly touted 2024 D class
I would take Schaefer over any defenseman in the 2024 class. It's fair to say that I'm quite high on Schaefer (I currently have only Hagens and Martone above him) and I think he's the last core piece my Sharks need in our rebuild.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I would take Schaefer over any defenseman in the 2024 class. It's fair to say that I'm quite high on Schaefer (I currently have only Hagens and Martone above him) and I think he's the last core piece my Sharks need in our rebuild.
Don't be getting greedy now....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad