U18: Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2024

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
It's funny because I think benak is the better... Novotny will go higher indraft.
Benak has better hands and Novotny better shot and he has the size.

I think Novotny is top 15 for next draft .. Benak as lot people said will have it tough to crack 1st round, but I believe he will be there somewhere between 15-32 ... he is just too good to be omitted even despite his size disadvantage.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Some of the Finnish names are so cool.....Katavisto, just rolls off the tongue, ya gotta love it.

But then they come up with stuff like Kappo Kakko.

Tough group of people to pin down.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Well... Time for the semis.

Everything went well... Concerned about our PP.

To my eye.. stevetekbhas only allowed one real goal in 2 games played.

Happy about everything but the expectations.

Reactions: martygod12

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Of course overall satisfaction. I saw about half of the match today, so I hope I won't write something stupid:) Victory in the group, comfortable win over Finland (it's still Finland). If I had to name two players from whom I expected more, it would be Mikel, he really doesn't look like a prospect for the top 100 of the draft, and then also Pekař, I had a rather contradictory view of him last year and he remains far behind expectations.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Of course overall satisfaction. I saw about half of the match today, so I hope I won't write something stupid:) Victory in the group, comfortable win over Finland (it's still Finland). If I had to name two players from whom I expected more, it would be Mikel, he really doesn't look like a prospect for the top 100 of the draft, and then also Pekař, I had a rather contradictory view of him last year and he remains far behind expectations.
Yeah Pekar is kinda invisible, given what beast he was in the U17 nt last year.
As for Mikel its just not his tourney, not playing good and I believe he is much better then that.
Also expected more from Dravecky, but he is still an underager, so I will cut him some slack.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Not to be cynical, but I feel like that goal by Fiddler somehow highlights his shortcomings more than it helps his stock. Always like to see a young guy experimenting but the defenseman bit on an obvious fake, Fiddler almost lost the handle after a basic deke, and the shot should have been easily handled by the goalie. The only thing really impressive about the play was the confidence—hopefully it leads to the development of better puck skills.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Not to be cynical, but I feel like that goal by Fiddler somehow highlights his shortcomings more than it helps his stock. Always like to see a young guy experimenting but the defenseman bit on an obvious fake, Fiddler almost lost the handle after a basic deke, and the shot should have been easily handled by the goalie. The only thing really impressive about the play was the confidence—hopefully it leads to the development of better puck skills.

I like the instinct though. He had coverage and decided to try and create. Pulled it off too, even if it was a bit fortuitous

He’s a massive defensive defenceman who is know for the shutdown abilities, but he’s shown this week he has a good toolkit offensively. He has good hands for someone his size. I’ve been impressed with the first pass and his ability to both generate and support offence

Ad

Ad

Ad