martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Another very slow start for czechs, lot of stupid mistakes and weird decisions

Also Germans are a lot better then I expected

Thank god for Benak lol

Reactions: Goodman68

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Reimer and his staff have a good pre scout on the Czech PP and they are executing.

Their fast food delivery up the middle is really putting the team under pressure. Indirectly another penalty.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
The end of the third was already better. Just don't cash in on the weakening and continue the performance from the end of the third.. I just wonder why Pekar isn't playing..

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Benak needed 6 points to set a Czech record... has 5 points in 4 periods.lol

Dravecky have a bio anywhere? Is his fav player Tyson Barrie? He is a 4th forwrad out there.. very poised and aggressive but scares the shit out of me.

Glad Zahesky buried one... he is certainly an aggressive player.

I do wonder if:

A: Czechs can't stickhandle
B: Edmonton ice is trash
C: Both

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
They’re very good at concentrating players 1-25 per age group and training them to be the best team at any given age group, even if they don’t have the best individuals (some years like 1997, 2001 they do have the best talent though)

However, and maybe it will get there one day, the depth of talent is not there in let’s say player 26-100 is not comparable to the CHL and to Canada, because the USHL is still a much smaller league than the CHL, even if it (and certain programmes such as Chicago, Muskegon, Youngstown) has taken great strides in the last decade.
We also only produce a significant quantity of decent players from maybe 5-10 states (3 Ms, New York, Illinois, now California, New Jersey, maybe Wisconsin and Pennsylvania). That's a big reason why our 26-100 is quite underwhelming.

Even though hockey is too expensive and not played as much by new immigrants, it's still held in insanely high regard in Canada so tons of talent will always be produced at the junior level and many will translate to pro.

SW2024

May 31, 2024
Might be a slight overstatement, since I am Czech so of course I see the players higher then they might be sometimes (ehm Galvas).

But I would say Cerny, Mrtka, Poletin, Benak, Novotny, Dravecky, Zahejsky, Pekar, Mikel, Cihar, Pavlik that's 11 players + Bartovic, Nestrasil, Katolicky, Novak who are not in the team right now

So 15 in totals with potential for top 100 or first 4 rounds let's say for the next two drafts. That just a lot for Czech standards. Even if just half makes it, it will still be an amazing result for us.
Oohh, yes, you are soooo much too Czech 😉 Some of these guys are way off from where you put them.
Seeing Mikel on your list makes me not take you seriously 😉 There's no way this guy is one of the best Czech Ds born in 2007. I wouldn't even consider him an NHL prospect, let alone a top one. What qualities am I missing here?

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Oohh, yes, you are soooo much too Czech 😉 Some of these guys are way off from where you put them.
Seeing Mikel on your list makes me not take you seriously 😉 There's no way this guy is one of the best Czech Ds born in 2007. I wouldn't even consider him an NHL prospect, let alone a top one. What qualities am I missing here?
I am not saying all will make top 100, said if half of them does I will be happy, there will sure be some hit and misses. As for Mikel idk, he is not as his best right now I would say, but stil he was one of the best Ds for Zlin in Czech U20 as 16yrs old, I do expect he will play also with men in Czech 2 league with Zlin.

Idk some maybe not round for but somewhere at rounds 5-7 is not that much of a sci-fi for him. He also do have 192cm already, so if he gots a bit stronger he will be the big guys NHL teams seems to love these days.

Reactions: Czechboy

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Can you please name all the better Czech D born ones?

Mrtka is first.
I would say Cerny is also better, but Mikel is still good imo

Also dont exactly know who is that far off my guesses. Maybe not all will be top 100 but I really think all will get drafted

SW2024

May 31, 2024
Can you please name all the better Czech D born ones?

Mrtka is first.
My point was:
For a team/nation/country like the Czech Republic, I can not believe there are not enough better players for this position than this guy.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
My point was:
For a team/nation/country like the Czech Republic, I can not believe there are not enough better players for this position than this guy.
Darn, given what you said I was really hoping your reply would be some names instead of changing your argument.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad